• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Sorry guys, no Lotus meetings for me to crash at NADA 🥲
IMG_7084.jpeg

So is there talk the cars will deliver by mid feb or is there more evidence that it will be in March?

Another thing. It’s one thing housing your $100k in a warehouse, port or parking lot.
Another thing if your car is at a street car show.
Naples yesterday.View attachment 36805
They do have a lot of cars. Could be cars available for sale, towed over with depositor's permission (I'd give permission), or press cars. Plus running the engine and getting fluids moving is better than sitting.

If mine had more than 5 miles I will 100% refuse delivery. Unacceptable.

Just kidding. I know they have to drive to pdi it.

Is it just me or is Galpin the worst dealer in terms of communication? They never call you back or respond to emails. Even when you go to the dealership they ignore you. I have never seen a dealership act this way. There is no way I’m buying from them.
That hasn’t been my experience with them. They have been pretty responsive to me 🤷‍♂️

You mean to tell me you received communication about your car while it was in transit? How much did that cost you? Did you bribe a local Stuttgart resident to find classified Porsche documents? Perhaps a “donation” to your local port/mafia connection? No, no, that’s not it, you must moonlight as an international spy?

Oh, Porsche told you, so you weren’t left to speculation and rumors. What a strange way to transact with a car company. Where’s the fun in that?!
😆
😀 Actually, I read it on Rennlist and emailed SA to ask for confirmation. They acknowledge something is going on but no official communication from Porsche NA or dealer...

Is it just me or is Galpin the worst dealer in terms of communication? They never call you back or respond to emails. Even when you go to the dealership they ignore you. I have never seen a dealership act this way. There is no way I’m buying from them.
I've had the same experience with EuroCarOC. No updates or even acknowledgement of the delays, ignored emails, didn't even bother to let me know when the original person handling my order left and a new one was brought in. If they opt for the last second markup, I dunno. It's gonna get nasty.

I've had the same experience with EuroCarOC. No updates or even acknowledgement of the delays, ignored emails, didn't even bother to let me know when the original person handling my order left and a new one was brought in. If they opt for the last second markup, I dunno. It's gonna get nasty.
Interesting. I’ve been communicating with them. They don’t always answer my questions though. They require a slightly higher deposit as well. There are only 2 dealers in so cal and neither are impressive but Galpin is absolutely horrible. Any specific feedback about EurocarOC? Only other option is nor cal or out of state.

Interesting. I’ve been communicating with them. They don’t always answer my questions though. They require a slightly higher deposit as well. There are only 2 dealers in so cal and neither are impressive but Galpin is absolutely horrible. Any specific feedback about EurocarOC? Only other option is nor cal or out of state.
Pretty much the only feedback I can give is they've been completely useless since Laura left. No updates, no responses, and when I've called or visited they've given me vague info that is less useful than what I had found on these forums already. Then when dates and deadlines they gave me passed, no follow-up from them. I'm not sure why they're even part of this transaction at all considering they don't seem to have any value to provide.

Good employees are hard to come by. And at the end of the day they are car salesman. They want to make money on customers, ain't no money with you. (Not today at least) They are busy prioritizing what's going to make them the buck today, not tomorrow.

Not saying anything, but never had communication issues from them.

Good employees are hard to come by. And at the end of the day they are car salesman. They want to make money on customers, ain't no money with you. (Not today at least) They are busy prioritizing what's going to make them the buck today, not tomorrow.
Except they already have my money, in the form of a deposit? The least they could do is send the occasional email. The bar is THAT low.

At the end of the day they're parasites. Its a completely obsolete job at this stage, and they only serve to skim extra cash off the top of an otherwise simple and straightforward process.

Pretty much the only feedback I can give is they've been completely useless since Laura left. No updates, no responses, and when I've called or visited they've given me vague info that is less useful than what I had found on these forums already. Then when dates and deadlines they gave me passed, no follow-up from them. I'm not sure why they're even part of this transaction at all considering they don't seem to have any value to provide.
Laura never got back to me when I wanted to put down a deposit back in July 2021 so I reached out to Galpin instead who got back to me within 24hrs.

Except they already have my money, in the form of a deposit? The least they could do is send the occasional email. The bar is THAT low.

At the end of the day they're parasites. Its a completely obsolete job at this stage, and they only serve to skim extra cash off the top of an otherwise simple and straightforward process.
I totally agree!! My point is they already have your money. ZERO incentive to deal with you.

Laura never got back to me when I wanted to put down a deposit back in July 2021 so I reached out to Galpin instead who got back to me within 24hrs.
The common denominator is dealerships suck, and its up to complete chance if you get someone who is helpful, or a response at all. I didn't even email EuroCar directly, I went through Lotus's reservation website, and I guess I got assigned to them automatically based on my zip code.
I totally agree!! My point is they already have your money. ZERO incentive to deal with you.
Yep, that's fair, and disappointing. This whole process is just infuriating. I'm fine with waiting, but this extra element of unpredictability is the worst.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back