• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Dealerships can take deposits to get a place in line before the unveiling. I heard my dealership had 10ish before the unveiling which turned out to be what you had to do to get one of their dozen V1 allocations. I ended up doing this with the Eletre, I have my deposit before they showed it - if I didn’t like the car when it was shown I could take the deposit back.
My comment was not directed at you but at ATSAaron. My son also put a deposit down on the Eletre before it was announced.

You say you put your deposit down on4/29/2021 this is a good few months before the official launch
May I ask where. ??
HiTech Motorcars in Austin. I knew a new Lotus was eventually coming. I think I referred to it as a Type 131 in my first emails to them.

I pass the time waiting for the 911T to come out of US customs jail from the VW China part issue. Seems the car will be released this or next week!

I ordered it in September 23 (18m after the Emira) and may get it mid March I guess, probably 12m - 18m before the Emira (I'm in the Base queue). 😀

Since these are first world problems, I just laugh at the various hurdles and stay positive.

You're getting it soon? This must be a lie, I heard CARB were modern day communist nazis who hate fun -- there's no way a company like Porsche could develop, market, reserve, certify, produce, ship and sell a car faster than Lotus. They're boring anyways, everyone has an NPC baby's first options vest 911.

Did I cover everything?

Have most folks on here test driven the Emira? My local dealer in Jacksonville FL told me they do not allow test drives with their demo car because of the CARB hold up. Meanwhile, I asked my reservation dealer in Orlando FL if I could come by and do a test drive in March, they said no problem.

Have most folks on here test driven the Emira? My local dealer in Jacksonville FL told me they do not allow test drives with their demo car because of the CARB hold up. Meanwhile, I asked my reservation dealer in Orlando FL if I could come by and do a test drive in March, they said no problem.
I have test driven the car 3 times. Two manual and one auto. I also test drove the suv. Come to Orlando!

They're lying to you. I reached out to the West Palm dealer two months ago when they got their demo and they wouldn't let me test drive it because I didn't order from them.

I was in Orlando last month and asked if I could test drive. They gave me zero issues and I was able to drive it.

They're lying to you. I reached out to the West Palm dealer two months ago when they got their demo and they wouldn't let me test drive it because I didn't order from them.

I was in Orlando last month and asked if I could test drive. They gave me zero issues and I was able to drive it.
The team at Lambo Palm beach were complete D -Bags when I went there, deciding to place or with Naples instead. Naples has been a positive experience thus far. Lambo Palm Beach I wouldn't send my dog there for help with car. just my 2 cents.

The team at Lambo Palm beach were complete D -Bags when I went there, deciding to place or with Naples instead. Naples has been a positive experience thus far. Lambo Palm Beach I wouldn't send my dog there for help with car. just my 2 cents.
It amazes me how rude and arrogant some high end sales organizations can be. I understand they don't want to waist time with "tire kickers" but at the same time a good salesperson will always ask questions to qualify a client, but at the very least should treat everyone with a basic level of respect.

I had a similar experience at the Ferrari of DC dealership. Thus I don't own, nor will I ever own a Ferrari.

we have a very new and very nice Porsche dealer in Austin tx. They always completely ignored me the handful of times i went in while i was still car shopping lol their loss.

tho tbf they get a lotta people in there just looking. more than most probably

It amazes me how rude and arrogant some high end sales organizations can be. I understand they don't want to waist time with "tire kickers" but at the same time a good salesperson will always ask questions to qualify a client, but at the very least should treat everyone with a basic level of respect.

I had a similar experience at the Ferrari of DC dealership. Thus I don't own, nor will I ever own a Ferrari.
im a young guy paying cash for a car, and have multiple high end vehicles. the mistake was truly on them. I am there target demographic and they kicked me right out of the door. Good luck lambo palm beach. thank you Naples Motor Sports. Literally had to get the car 2 hours from my house just to prove a point. I a man of principle.

Please don't confuse demonstrator euro spec vehicles that tour/toured North America with dealer ordered demo cars.

Dealer ordered demo cars are in the grey zone -- not sure those can legally be driven.

Please don't confuse demonstrator euro spec vehicles that tour/toured North America with dealer ordered demo cars.

Dealer ordered demo cars are in the grey zone -- not sure those can legally be driven.
Thanks. I was just thinking about this. If Lotus is planning to use the dealer demo Eletre’s to offset the emissions of the Emira, they have to transfer ownership of each Eletre to to the dealer for it to count as a sale. So what did they do with the dealer demo Emiras? Are they still on exempt manufacturer plates? Do they belong to the dealer and legal to drive only in non-CARB states?

This may have been covered, but I am confused why they cannot sell cars in Non-CARB states?

Thanks. I was just thinking about this. If Lotus is planning to use the dealer demo Eletre’s to offset the emissions of the Emira, they have to transfer ownership of each Eletre to to the dealer for it to count as a sale. So what did they do with the dealer demo Emiras? Are they still on exempt manufacturer plates? Do they belong to the dealer and legal to drive only in non-CARB states?
To the best of my knowledge the Eletre demo’s had manufacturer’s plates
The origin FE wee EU spec and had manufacturer plates
The demos at dealership now legally cannot be driven.
But I’m sure if they wanted and put dealer plates and be driven

When I was in my late 20's I was driving a Mitubishi Evo VIII at the time, and I wanted to test drive a Boxster S to see if I wanted to change the type of vehicle I was driving.

Went to my local Porsche dealer. Walked inside and was just looking at a Boxster on the showroom floor. Sales guy started walking my way, and I'm ready to talk. He comes over and first thing out of his mouth was "That I needed to get in my car and leave and that this is only a place for "serious" buyers."

I had the cash to buy, the desire to buy, and was just a young guy who got profiled before even talking to me. It's a core memory and reason I'm not buying a Porsche now.

Well, trying to pass time AGAIN… (and help making it to 500 pages 😂) I just ordered a custom license plate for 5 years … for a car I don’t even have 🥲… but still proactive … right ??😂

Many years ago, my wife and I were in the scrimp and save mode of our lives. For some reason we received an invitation in the mail to test drive a Maserati Quattroporte, with the promise of a $100 gift card to Fleming's. Giddy, we drove our little blue Toyota Corolla to the local Maserati/Ferrari dealership and asked for the test drive. We were clearly just there for the gift card and had no intention to buy anything. We were politely approached and taken on the drive. The salesperson took his time in explaining the features of the car to us and after the swap gave me a chance to "step on it" with that V8 through some empty business parks.

However, by far the most interesting test drive I ever went on was when my cousin and I went to check out the then-new Acura RSX. A couple of young dudes eyeing the spiritual successor to the Integra usually doesn't translate into sales. The sales person took us on a test drive where we drove first and then he drove us back. On the way back, a multitude of criminal reckless driving laws were broken and I was certain that I was going to die at one point. It did impress upon me the capabilities of the car, but also a new appreciation for my own mortality.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back