• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

If one owns $LOT shares can they say Lotus employees work for them as shareholders above all else?

I am fairly confident things are about to break. It's one thing to shoot a few hundred cars across the Atlantic in hopes of CARB approval, it's a whole other ballgame to keep producing and shipping cars. Surely Lotus has gotten updated since the first big shipment, if things were not going as planned, they would halt production/shipping. My car hit Baltimore a little over a week ago. So based on this evidence and rationale this thread can now be closed.
We need to add a clown emoji to this thread 🤡

Man, I step away from this forum for a day and you all have mentally “gone to plaid”! I think the waiting delirium has fully set in! Thank goodness for this forum. 😀
1709256750991.jpeg

Was thinking of buying an Evora GT today with a guaranteed buyback when/if my Emira ever comes in.
Ran it by my wife. She said I need to show restraint and practice my patience.
Guaranteed buyback? I’d take that deal. That dealer isn’t in Florida is it?

flashing cars to be CARB compliant sounds kinda worrisome, assuming its real, which it probably isnt
Why is this concerning? This has been the outcome for around 5 months now. We've known that CARB hasn't passed multiple times. We've come to the conclusion no physical mods are needed and that software should handle the compliance (which since it still hasn't passed I don't even know at this point if physical mods would be needed as well). So why are people saying on here and on Facebook their concerned that about it being flashed... that's been a known. We just don't know if it's minor tunes that will make it complaint or if it's literally going to reduce power.

Why is this concerning? This has been the outcome for around 5 months now. We've known that CARB hasn't passed multiple times. We've come to the conclusion no physical mods are needed and that software should handle the compliance (which since it still hasn't passed I don't even know at this point if physical mods would be needed as well). So why are people saying on here and on Facebook their concerned that about it being flashed... that's been a known. We just don't know if it's minor tunes that will make it complaint or if it's literally going to reduce power.
you realize software can mean less horse power and torque right.

i think its pretty reasonable to assume that a flash with the intent of making the Cali hippies happy can only mean something bad, like less performance

Well, it's concerning because I wanted a relatively light 400hp GT. If they nerf it that's kind of a big problem.
Yeah, but why the concern now? Everyone is acting like this is new news as of today, but it's been a known for 5 months. It didn't pass CARB, multiple times, I don't think there's magic that makes it pass without flashing it. Even if this guy is lying about it happening now, the outcome is that it will still happen before delivery.

you realize software can mean less horse power and torque right.

i think its pretty reasonable to assume that a flash with the intent of making the Cali hippies happy can only mean something bad, like less performance
Same reply to the other... this has been known for 5 months, why complain about it now?

Same reply to the other... this has been known for 5 months, why complain about it now?
oh we knew there was going to be a flash to decrease the horse power? oh well never mind then.

obviously im kidding, show source

oh we knew there was going to be a flash to decrease the horse power? oh well never mind then.

obviously im kidding, show source
No one knows if a flash will decrease power. We all joked about that being a possibility like 200 pages back now, but not an anonymous person on Facebook or anyone here knows. I would suspect they would ship all the cars back before they ever changed the HP rating of cars we all locked in and are sitting at dealers, but that's just my guess. The most likely outcome everyone predicted was that minor adjustments need to be made to make it compliant that don't include decreasing power.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back