• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

No one knows if a flash will decrease power. We all joked about that being a possibility like 200 pages back now, but not an anonymous person on Facebook or anyone here knows. I would suspect they would ship all the cars back before they ever changed the HP rating of cars we all locked in and are sitting at dealers, but that's just my guess. The most likely outcome everyone predicted was that minor adjustments need to be made to make it compliant that don't include decreasing power.
source: 200 pages back of us joking around ;)

well thats the reason its worrisome, we dont know. Lotus might be desperate at this point who the hell knows what they will do. nerfing it sure SEEMS unlikely tho

I honestly care less about whether it's 400HP vs 395HP at peak than I care about them messing with the throttle response to improve the emissions. So you are right... it could have the same HP/TQ and just have shit response after a flash.

That being said... I kind of believe whatever flash will make them compliant was already on the cars before being shipped and that dealers are not just suddenly revolving door flashing cars left and right.

...dealers are not just suddenly flashing cars left and right.
Don't be so sure.
Picsart_24-02-29_20-28-47-741.jpg

I honestly care less about whether it's 400HP vs 395HP at peak than I care about them messing with the throttle response to improve the emissions. So you are right... it could have the same HP/TQ and just have shit response after a flash.

That being said... I kind of believe whatever flash will make them compliant was already on the cars before being shipped and that dealers are not just suddenly revolving door flashing cars left and right.

I’ve posted this before but the tip in and tip out emissions numbers looked too clean, as if they coached the test driver. My guess is that the new software modifies tip in and tip out, most likely this has no effect on power output but it does affect response. I’m guessing we see lag in low end response and rev hang.

I’d love to be proved wrong, I’d really like a press release from Lotus about it.

They are refunding it. They didn't put up a fight or ask any questions. Just accepted my decision and issued the refund.
? What did you expect? Dallas is selling unclaimed cars for 13k over new price.. Any dealership would welcome the opportunity to make more money….

Personally my car is at the dealership so I am patiently waiting 😊😊😊

Hmm, "Anonymous Member"... More fake news??? That being said, about a month ago, I predicted the following scenarios listed below:

1. Just a few tweaks to the tuning and they are all set.
2. A slight reduction in the overall power output from the original tune.
3. Reduced driveability, such as reduced throttle response, and/or an introduction of rev hang.
4. Both reduced power output and reduced drivability.

If this new report is correct, I truly hope only option 1 or 2 will occur. If reports surface of poor drivability/rev hang after the re-flash, I will very likely cancel my order as I simply cannot justify the cost of this vehicle if it now has poor drivability. Other manufactures (specifically one starting with "P") have been able to tune their cars with good drivability and don't have rev hang like a civic.

On another note, I can't see how the cars will be updated without a flash from the dealer. CARB does not seem to like whatever tune is in the cars currently for some reason.

Lotus is never gonna tell us what changes they made.

Unfortunately I think at this point they’re more concerned with getting these cars sold than with throttle response/peak power/driveability.

They’re gonna clean up whatever they need to clean up at any cost.

Just my thoughts, I’m a pessimist.

Lotus is never gonna tell us what changes they made.

Unfortunately I think at this point they’re more concerned with getting these cars sold than with throttle response/peak power/driveability.

They’re gonna clean up whatever they need to clean up at any cost.

Just my thoughts, I’m a pessimist.
Fear is a illusion…
We really don’t know what’s going on, the Evora passed with more power. I believe that they didn’t expect the CARB to take this long.
They gave a window Fed - March 12.
We still have two weeks 😊

Fear is a illusion…
We really don’t know what’s going on, the Evora passed with more power. I believe that they didn’t expect the CARB to take this long.
They gave a window Fed - March 12.
We still have two weeks 😊
1709267942773.png

My old dealer is doing ECU flashes. New dealer called me to ask if I had any more questions about the sale process.

Guess it’s time to hurry up and get rid of this spare SUV to make room. Thinking I’ll throw it on Cars and Bids - someone out there must want a loaded CPO Range Rover right?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back