• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

For the next 37 pages we can discuss dealers online listed price vs MSRP

My car is listed online at $97,650

MSRP from order submission sheet - $95,300

Safe to assume that $97.650 is including the destination fee?

Yep, the difference is freight.

Looking at metadata or the PDFs:

Standard PDF from CARB Website:
Title: [The EO Number]
Author:
Subject:
Producer: Developer Express Inc. DXperience (tm) v22.2.8

PDF from Lotus Talk Member:
Title: A-037-0050.pdf
Author: Cuevas, Cesar@ARB
Subject:
Producer: Microsoft: Print To PDF

Searches on Cesar Cuevas he is a CARB employee and he is indeed in charge of handling of confidential records and public records act.
Amazing sleuthing.
Now find out what time his meeting was with HR and the disciplinary outcome?

Looking at metadata or the PDFs:

Standard PDF from CARB Website:
Title: [The EO Number]
Author:
Subject:
Producer: Developer Express Inc. DXperience (tm) v22.2.8

PDF from Lotus Talk Member:
Title: A-037-0050.pdf
Author: Cuevas, Cesar@ARB
Subject:
Producer: Microsoft: Print To PDF

Searches on Cesar Cuevas he is a CARB employee and he is indeed in charge of handling of confidential records and public records act.
Liam Neeson, is that you? If my kid ever goes missing, I’m calling you.
1709390664072.jpeg

Crossing my fingers that doc is legit and you all get your cars literally SOON! Been watching from the sidelines since I cancelled last May. Excited to hear everyone's feedback. Such a gorgeous car!

That would be great IF this was real, unfortunately for me it would only mean that I can now pay for the car and get it moved over to window tinting and powder coating for the wheel and caliper colors I want so…

more waiting for me anyways 🥲 but I would rather get it all done at once and be done with it versus getting the car as is and further down the road have to schedule windows tinting and then again powder coating.

Still hope this CARB thing is real so I can at least move onto the next stage 🤞

In other news... here's the VIN of the 7 Emiras that arrived in Baltimore on 2/26:

SCCLEKAX2RHA11295
SCCLEKAX1RHB10545
SCCLEKAX3RHB10840
SCCLEKAX5RHB10435
SCCLEKAX7RHB10548
SCCLEKAX6RHA10912
SCCLEKAX4RHB10605

Yes it is including destination charge

Any dealers confirm anything here? Bear...Gator...?

A public records request sounds plausible. This would explain why the PDF looks different from the other PDFs published on CARB's website.

This PDF of Lotus Emira approval is all images except for one small bit: the California Public Records Act stamp at the bottom right:

View attachment 37873

Searching on line for other documents issued by CARB according to CPRA requests, while not exact matching in format, the location and overall format of this CARB CPRA stamp is very similar. It looks like the person made the request on 1/5/2024 and has either been following up periodically, or this CARB bureaucrat put it on his "to do" list and followed up on his own and sent this approval PDF as soon as it became available.

I also would not put it past it that some Lotus/Emira enthusiast actually knows someone or works at CARB and knows about the CPRA mechanism and was able to get it released earlier than the batch EO publication.

I'm going to go with 95% confidence that this is real.
Big if true…….maybe these poor cars can get out of the weather:

In other news... here's the VIN of the 7 Emiras that arrived in Baltimore on 2/26:

SCCLEKAX2RHA11295
SCCLEKAX1RHB10545
SCCLEKAX3RHB10840
SCCLEKAX5RHB10435
SCCLEKAX7RHB10548
SCCLEKAX6RHA10912
SCCLEKAX4RHB10605
Still not mine 😭

Texted my dealer already, the order number is right, no other obvious tell tell signs, if it is fake, it took a lot of thinking and insight to make it like that. I have spent already 30 min plus on disecting comparing to others, and it looks very convincing….hopefully Lotus can clarify in short order

I already asked my dealer for payment detail and wire info to pick it up today/tomorrow 😂😂

They just finished the window tint this week, and I have the Larini exhaust at the house, I am ready ready
What tint did you get done? Looks NICE. I’ll be in NC in 4 weeks, going to be on Emira lookout!

carb approved no more dieting
I just did some upgrades to my simple sim rig, added a fanatec shifter and a GT seat, the bolstering is bit snug…I’m going CARB free until my Emira arrives.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back