• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

tumblr_lsv4z380O61qk4jsr.jpg

If I remember correctly, from EvoM and NASIOC forums from 10 or 12 years ago, forum members would just post the word “bump” to add their acknowledgement of each post. So… in honor of you original orderers with patience of saints, and to acknowledge the crowd sourced discovery of the 99.9% accurate carb approval, and to get to 500, I say:

“bump”

Haven't they shipped about 500 cars to the U.S. already? All the manual cars? Wasn't that the entire allocation of the original orders?
Yes, over 500 cars, but it was not the entire original allocation. Approximately 1300 cars were in the FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 allocations. I would guess 300-400 is for Canada. That means 900-1000 are for the US. The manual ratio was about 83 percent. That means at a minimum, 750 manual cars are destined to the US. The math is a little murky but it is certainly well over 500 cars. It has also been confirmed multiple times that the cars are in UK, complete with a photo.

The first 150 cars that we received also came from Hamble, UK.
I’m pretty sure it would be from the main shipping terminal in Southampton as a bit odd they say Hamble which only has marinas for private boats.
I’ve got a little 30ft motorboat in Hamble and it’s surprising how massive the car transporter ships are when I go past them. On the way to work I often see the car parks full of cars ready to load but so far I haven’t seen any Lotus Emiras. 😕

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back