• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I’m still convinced it’s real. The content of the document lines up with the EPA filing, all the metadata, all the sequences of manufacturers submissions in the EO #, the rumors recently of firmware updates, even looking at the post history on lotus talk from the user posting has a history of him going back and sending public records requests. I’ve examined most of his recent posts and there’s nothing nefarious here, zero motive to deceive everyone. And it’s a month early for april fools :)

Thanks for your trust. I'm the one that posted it. I just posted an update on the other forum with the public records request number too. I've been a member on the other forum since 2008, so that would take a lot of advanced planning to pull this off as a troll (plus, I'm not that cruel... I have an Emira sitting somewhere in the US too!).

I filed the request in early January and they are supposed to respond within 2 weeks. The person in charge of dealing with public record requests at ARB and I have been in touch every week or so over email. I have no clue about the inner workings of ARB, but my guess is the person handling the ARB approval was informed by the public records person that there was a pending request related to this, so they got it to me as soon as it was allowed to be released. As we all know, it takes time for information to flow from Lotus corporate to dealers. So as usual, people on the forums have information faster than the dealers.

We’re going with there is a dealer meeting prior to someone on the forum notifying the dealers? I’d be more confident in a dealer meeting occurring because of one of the forums telling the dealers it passed than Lotus setting up that meeting.
As I tell my wife all the time see told you I was right…

Can you imagine how much fun the CARB offices are having at our expense right now?!
I don't think they know we exist. They have seen situations like this and it's all very boring to them.

Locking this thread to verify some things.. It should be back soon. 🫠

I was able to cross check @ameeriklane's account and claim with another forum and verify the legitimacy. All looks good to me! As I mentioned before, I believe the CARB approval doc is real, but we may not have official confirmation from Lotus of US until next week.

Last edited:

I was able to cross check @ameeriklane's account and claim with another forum and verify the legitimacy. All looks good to me! As I mentioned before, I believe the CARB approval doc is real, but we may not have official confirmation from Lotus of US until next week.
I had hoped you were about to unmask the real identity of KitKat.

Do you know what this did to us?!!! Go read the “how much time do you spend on this forum” thread!!!!! I almost started to have a conversation with my significant other!

Thankfully crisis avoided

Thanks for your trust. I'm the one that posted it. I just posted an update on the other forum with the public records request number too. I've been a member on the other forum since 2008, so that would take a lot of advanced planning to pull this off as a troll (plus, I'm not that cruel... I have an Emira sitting somewhere in the US too!).

I filed the request in early January and they are supposed to respond within 2 weeks. The person in charge of dealing with public record requests at ARB and I have been in touch every week or so over email. I have no clue about the inner workings of ARB, but my guess is the person handling the ARB approval was informed by the public records person that there was a pending request related to this, so they got it to me as soon as it was allowed to be released. As we all know, it takes time for information to flow from Lotus corporate to dealers. So as usual, people on the forums have information faster than the dealers.

Welcome aboard new Emira friend! Glad we’re all getting our cars soon. Brilliant idea communicating with that division of ARB. Since any information about emissions approval before the executive order is confidential it’s not surprisingly they released it to you immediately after EO issuance.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back