• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Alright so now we know sales are imminent, how do we figure out what went into the last software updates to the car and if they’re related to emissions or not — and what the impact will be if any.

I think the lot of us about to put down $100K deserve to know.

From Lotus Management:

cdd3a7b9-c6b3-4fd7-8bd4-1df1a81662db_708x535.jpg

Alright so now we know sales are imminent, how do we figure out what went into the last software updates to the car and if they’re related to emissions or not — and what the impact will be if any.

I have really good relationship with my local Lotus dealer and I can ask them what was included in the latest update.

I’ll stop by the dealership tomorrow.

I hope they will be forthright in sharing the information.

I think lotus might have a massive problem on their hands if the actual output does not meet the advertised output.

The old timers tell a tale of the 1999 Mustang Cobra. There was a car a few hands short of being a quarter horse.

For those unfamiliar, owners figured out the Mustang was not producing 320 horsepower. Once this became apparent, Ford did a recall and replaced parts so the cars would make their advertised power.

All I’m saying is, we the consumer do have a right to get what we paid for, and the forum is a great place to share and organize information.

I think lotus might have a massive problem on their hands if the actual output does not meet the advertised output.

The old timers tell a tale of the 1999 Mustang Cobra. There was a car a few hands short of being a quarter horse.

For those unfamiliar, owners figured out the Mustang was not producing 320 horsepower. Once this became apparent, Ford did a recall and replaced parts so the cars would make their advertised power.

All I’m saying is, we the consumer do have a right to get what we paid for, and the forum is a great place to share and organize information.

There are likely disclaimers buried somewhere. In the spec sheet from back in 2021, the language reads "The above are targets as of October 29, 2021 and may change in the future."

Guys let’s just take the CARB win for now there’s nothing that will come from worrying out power output right now. Lotus and even the dealers could say it’s still 400hp and nothing has changed and we wouldn’t know until someone dynos it and sees actual power.

That being said if it has changed there appears to be lots of aftermarket support so nothing a minor tune can’t fix. Let’s take the carb win for now!

I have really good relationship with my local Lotus dealer and I can ask them what was included in the latest update.

I’ll stop by the dealership tomorrow.

I hope they will be forthright in sharing the information.

I highly doubt the update has any details attached to it.

Guys let’s just take the CARB win for now there’s nothing that will come from worrying out power output right now. Lotus and even the dealers could say it’s still 400hp and nothing has changed and we wouldn’t know until someone dynos it and sees actual power.

That being said if it has changed there appears to be lots of aftermarket support so nothing a minor tune can’t fix. Let’s take the carb win for now!

Lotus dealers don’t even know carb has passed why would they know any details about what has changed if anything?

I’m not installing an aftermarket tune in a car with this many issues. It’s going to need the warranty.

Lotus dealers don’t even know carb has passed why would they know any details about what has changed if anything?

I’m not installing an aftermarket tune in a car with this many issues. It’s going to need the warranty.
Yes that’s true so let’s slow down the speculation on de tuning the car with the software update. No one knows s*it about f*uck lol

I was looking at specs throughout this whole ordeal, it has been very consistent at 298kW and 6800 max RPM. I could have sworn the RPM was higher at some point but it may have just been bad memory.

All this is just to say, we have waited this long and CARB approval is good news so just 1-2 weeks more for many, and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 weeks for the rest of us. It's no worries!

Yes that’s true so let’s slow down the speculation on de tuning the car with the software update. No one knows s*it about f*uck lol
Yeah I don’t want speculation, I want information from Lotus hence my call for ideas on how to get that information.

I also don’t want to forget about it during the excitement of deliveries.

Yeah I don’t want speculation, I want information from Lotus hence my call for ideas on how to get that information.

I also don’t want to forget about it during the excitement of deliveries.
Only way is to ask the Emira Cat Oracle... they've seen all...

One thing we know is the suspension and steering is not adaptive. So that legendary Lotus handling, I'm counting on, wasn't effected.

Bets on the day of the first US delivery, and on which dealer?

It won't be me. My dealer is in MD (CARB) without any cars yet.

I'm going with Tuesday (March 5), and Naples.

Bets on the day of the first US delivery, and on which dealer?

It won't be me. My dealer is in MD (CARB) without any cars yet.

I'm going with Tuesday (March 5), and Naples.
Must be Naples. Those guys are on the ball. I would say March 8th because it's not all up to Naples. Lotus USA has to get the nod from UK to start printing window stickers and transfer ownership.

I highly doubt the update has any details attached to it.
Doesn’t hurt to ask😉

I know when McLaren did updates for the Artura, it was known what issues the update addressed.

Not that Lotus is McLaren.

My Evora 400 has been serviced at the same dealer where my Emira is currently impounded and I’m pretty sure the service manager will share what info he has on the update - if any.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back