• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Doesn’t hurt to ask😉

I know when McLaren did updates for the Artura, it was known what issues the update addressed.

Not that Lotus is McLaren.

My Evora 400 has been serviced at the same dealer where my Emira is impounded and I’m pretty sure the service manager will share what info he has on the update - if any.
Yea, I think the CARB episode taught us that a lot of times, if we just asked, we'd get the info we want. Some times not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Must be Naples. Those guys are on the ball. I would say March 8th because it's not all up to Naples. Lotus USA has to get the nod from UK to start printing window stickers and transfer ownership.
I wasn’t kidding when I said I heard that Naples delivered a car to a customer yesterday…

Alright so now we know sales are imminent, how do we figure out what went into the last software updates to the car and if they’re related to emissions or not — and what the impact will be if any.

I think the lot of us about to put down $100K deserve to know.
My new S650 Mustang has the new twin throttle body. The word on the street is that Ford needed that to trap fumes when you turned the car off so the fumes doesn't escape into the atmosphere. There are carbon traps in the throttle body intakes. I know nothing about emissions but just giving an example of the different things that have to be regulated which some have nothing to do with power. At this point I don't even want to know what Lotus has done. As long as there isn't a body in the front boot, I am good.
dh-twin throttle body.jpg

I wasn’t kidding when I said I heard that Naples delivered a car to a customer yesterday…
Yea, I know what you heard, but it's all a game of telephone at this point. I'm not sure what actually happened there. Maybe Naples agreed to let a customer take a car home without 100% completed paperwork? Or the paperwork was filled out but not signed? Who knows? It all depends on what the definition of "delivered" is.

So it's raining and I don't want to ride bicycles or want to engage in the politics debate here -- so instead I've been analyzing the exact test result numbers in EPA filing that was issued October 27 2023 and then the CARB certification data that was approved on January 29 2024

Emissions TypeEPA FilingCARB EO FilingMax for CA LEV3 ULEV125
NMOG + NOx0.054 g/mi0.054 g/mi0.125 g/mi
CO0.6 g/mi0.65 g/mi2.1 g/mi
PM0.000 g/mi0.0003 g/mi0.003 g/mi

I was initially worried about either some detuning of power or throttle response via tip in/tip out transient emissions but the numbers that the EPA approved the vehicle at and the numbers that CARB approved the vehicle at are exactly the same with the exception that some numbers are rounded and some are not. I don't see any evidence they had to make any sort of changes to the tuning in order to get emissions under control anywhere.

I'm thinking if there were changes to software they don't affect performance or emissions at all. Pretty sure all the worry and the rumor mill about updates being needed to pass emissions are all bullshit and it just takes time for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn.

So it's raining and I don't want to ride bicycles or want to engage in the politics debate here -- so instead I've been analyzing the exact test result numbers in EPA filing that was issued October 27 2023 and then the CARB certification data that was approved on January 29 2024

I was initially worried about either some detuning of power or throttle response via tip in/tip out transient emissions but the numbers that the EPA approved the vehicle at and the numbers that CARB approved the vehicle at are exactly the same with the exception that some numbers are rounded and some are not. I don't see any evidence they had to make any sort of changes to the tuning in order to get emissions under control anywhere.

I'm thinking if there were changes to software they don't affect performance or emissions at all. Pretty sure all the worry and the rumor mill about updates being needed to pass emissions are all bullshit and it just takes time for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn.
Great info.

Kind of analysis someone at CARB could do...

Respect!!! Doing my part for 500!

wtf-funny.gif

PRICE DROP?
Last week Lotus Emira V6 FE 2.0 was $105,400 on the website. Price on my 2/17/24 invoice $105,400. Today’s Lotus website shows $104,500.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 52
PRICE DROP?
Last week Lotus Emira V6 FE 2.0 was $105,400 on the website. Price on my 2/17/24 invoice $105,400. Today’s Lotus website shows $104,500.
Odd, my side still shows 105,400, but the only difference since yesterday was not charging for Alcantara steering wheel. Seems the website isn't consistent.

I was not talking politics, frustration of the slowness. I am from California Silicon V is my HQ , know the Governor G-N very well. I love it, it’s just the fact that EPA is very slow and the bureaucracy is understatement takes years to decide anything in the state, G-N gets frustrated too. My car is coming from California .

Back to the emissions:
I know Lotus is at fault too & supply chain issues on getting these to the USA.. Truly the engine on the Emira is no different than the Evora, 400 & I am sure the GT it’s all ECU mapping to gain the small bump. This should be an easy approval especially since the Emira will end production in the next 3 years before the very aggressive EPA laws hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, lets hope so! I wonder if the cars will even need a reflash after all? Hopefully lotus and/or dealers will be transparent about the process.

Yea, I have a sneaky suspicion it was for something stupid like how sensitive the computer is to detecting a evap leak if the filler cap isn’t closed all the way or anything mundane like that.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back