• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Do you know what this did to us?!!! Go read the “how much time do you spend on this forum” thread!!!!! I almost started to have a conversation with my significant other!

Thankfully crisis avoided
It is always amazing how many are experiencing similar things😂 I sure had my conversations already with my better half about my time on here😂😂😂

Thanks for your trust. I'm the one that posted it. I just posted an update on the other forum with the public records request number too. I've been a member on the other forum since 2008, so that would take a lot of advanced planning to pull this off as a troll (plus, I'm not that cruel... I have an Emira sitting somewhere in the US too!).

I filed the request in early January and they are supposed to respond within 2 weeks. The person in charge of dealing with public record requests at ARB and I have been in touch every week or so over email. I have no clue about the inner workings of ARB, but my guess is the person handling the ARB approval was informed by the public records person that there was a pending request related to this, so they got it to me as soon as it was allowed to be released. As we all know, it takes time for information to flow from Lotus corporate to dealers. So as usual, people on the forums have information faster than the dealers.
I bow my hat to your ingenious and wise inquiry, and clap my hands to the co-operative staff at arb…..seriously the email exchanges I had with them were very friendly, professional and courteous……I was not expecting that, so thank you for that, and I think they might be here somewhere…….

Thanks for your trust. I'm the one that posted it. I just posted an update on the other forum with the public records request number too. I've been a member on the other forum since 2008, so that would take a lot of advanced planning to pull this off as a troll (plus, I'm not that cruel... I have an Emira sitting somewhere in the US too!).

I filed the request in early January and they are supposed to respond within 2 weeks. The person in charge of dealing with public record requests at ARB and I have been in touch every week or so over email. I have no clue about the inner workings of ARB, but my guess is the person handling the ARB approval was informed by the public records person that there was a pending request related to this, so they got it to me as soon as it was allowed to be released. As we all know, it takes time for information to flow from Lotus corporate to dealers. So as usual, people on the forums have information faster than the dealers.
When Lotus / Lotus Dealers confirm on Monday, then I'll be the first to say sorry, I was wrong for doubting the authenticity of the document. Thanks for the info!

I bow my hat to your ingenious and wise inquiry, and clap my hands to the co-operative staff at arb…..seriously the email exchanges I had with them were very friendly, professional and courteous……I was not expecting that, so thank you for that, and I think they might be here somewhere…….

I do plan to write back to the public records person at ARB to thank him for the info, and let him know the "storm" it unleashed. I'm sure they don't get much excitement at the ARB offices, so it'll make for a good laugh at the next staff meeting!

🤣
Totally prompted this scene in my brain - RIP Richard Lewis.
4fdec316-cd75-48a8-8c41-218ed6fac800_text.gif

So far 538 Emira's have been imported to Lotus USA through Port of Baltimore.
I can't find a real answer on CARB state cars... Are they at Baltimore? or still in the UK? My dealer claims Baltimore, but I'm not sure I believe them as their track record for correct info hasn't been stellar.

So far 538 Emira's have been imported to Lotus USA through Port of Baltimore.
I can't find a real answer on CARB state cars... Are they at Baltimore? or still in the UK? My dealer claims Baltimore, but I'm not sure I believe them as their track record for correct info hasn't been stellar.
Do we know what the total.of 1.0 and 2.0. manuals is? (Have they all been built??)

Do we know what the total.of 1.0 and 2.0. manuals is? (Have they all been built??)
They have not all been built. The latest 2.0 customer specs were due mid Feburary.

It takes 5-6months to build

I do plan to write back to the public records person at ARB to thank him for the info, and let him know the "storm" it unleashed. I'm sure they don't get much excitement at the ARB offices, so it'll make for a good laugh at the next staff meeting!
CARB = Can Anyone Really Belive?

I swear to god if yall get my hopes up one more time and then dash them to the wind. Imma find your cars and bake farts into them
Was this what all the 'orange peel bubbles' were from?

Last edited:
Here’s what i think is going on:

- A forum member on lotus talk broke the news
- Lotus UK has been informed carb passed
- Lotus USA has not been informed by Lotus UK since Lotus UK is the filer not Lotus USA
- US Dealers have not been informed by Lotus USA or Lotus UK
- Some US dealers recognize we’re very resourceful and recognize it for what it is, an early break
- Some US dealers are being very conservative on the news and straight up denying it
- Lotus US can’t accept it because it will cause a rush of sales and they can’t confirm yet at the risk of being punished if it turns out to be fake
This is SOOOO Lotus…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back