• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Got his reply:

View attachment 37903
I've asked for further clarification, if his meeting was internal or with Lotus. It could be possible since the document was obtained through a FOI request, that it might have gotten released before Lotus received it through regular channels.
Dealers have always lagged behind everyone else in getting info. So I wouldn't place much stock in them not knowing about it.

Dealers have always lagged behind everyone else in getting info. So I wouldn't place much stock in them not knowing about it.
Agreed. Crowd sourcing info from forums has been way more reliable than dealers

Sigh.... it's not real.

View attachment 37909

I would sure like to know who did this though.
Lotus USA may simply have said they have not received anything. Dealer may have taken that to mean it's fake. Given what the people on this forum has seen, it's highly doubtful that it is a fake.

There has to be another Naples member on here right?
I also would not trust what Naples is saying or doing. They could be jumping the gun. They drove the car they have to events and made videos about it. Based on what we heard, those cars are still owned by Lotus. Naples may be taking an aggressive position on this, and they are still just doing paperwork with no promise of delivery. They are simply lining people up.

So we need three more events to happen.

V6 Auto Deliveries to North America/Canada
I4 to North America/Canada
BASE Configuration open worldwide

Let's go Lotus!
Apparently my dealer didnt get any allocations for V6 Autos

Here’s what i think is going on:

- A forum member on lotus talk broke the news
- Lotus UK has been informed carb passed
- Lotus USA has not been informed by Lotus UK since Lotus UK is the filer not Lotus USA
- US Dealers have not been informed by Lotus USA or Lotus UK
- Some US dealers recognize we’re very resourceful and recognize it for what it is, an early break
- Some US dealers are being very conservative on the news and straight up denying it
- Lotus US can’t accept it because it will cause a rush of sales and they can’t confirm yet at the risk of being punished if it turns out to be fake

They are still in UK. Some at Norfolk, some at Hethel.
Haven't they shipped about 500 cars to the U.S. already? All the manual cars? Wasn't that the entire allocation of the original orders?

We've only had ONE person actually say he was contacted by Naples. And it was his first post.
I just heard back from my dealer, and he said he just spoke with Lotus USA, and verbatim, the believe the document is real, but there is no official company statement yet, they expect it monday….

like Kitkat, I believe the lotusforum user is/or knows the carb person, and they smartly entered the FOIA document request in January, hence they are “Ok” to publish the EO before it is updated on the official side, or even Lotus processed it……very smart, but also a nice slap in the corporate Lotus face, that we, the people knew again before the overlords😄😄😄

the FOIA was the veil that allowed leaking as soon as signed…..😉

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back