• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I guess some 2.0s are shipping with yellow and some are black. The 2.0s at my dealer have black/silver ones (as seen in the photo I posted).
I think it's based on build date. But even then they may have kept using the yellow ones on the late FE 1.0 builds.

Last edited:
Did they charge you a dealer prep fee? I’m about to pay for mine and they added a 1700 dollar fee to it.
Damn!!! For that price I’d prep the damn thing myself. One time I bought a BMW years ago and they tried to add the ‘required’ prep fee on there and I told them leave the car exactly as it and I will clean it myself haha. They took it off and washed the car like they normally would

My dealer charged the same (1700) Dallas. Which I think is the same as you. Not sure other dealers are doing this but at this point they know we don’t really have room to negotiate… don’t want to pay their fees? Someone else will or you can go to another dealer and wait another year to maybe get one. Sucks but it is what it is
Oof, I thought I read many pages ago there was talk of Dallas only doing a $800 dealer fee, $1700 is a bit crazy. Guess I'll have to plan to add that in to all the other anticipated fees.

Oof, I thought I read many pages ago there was talk of Dallas only doing a $800 dealer fee, $1700 is a bit crazy. Guess I'll have to plan to add that in to all the other anticipated fees.
And don’t forget the “mandatory” $1295 ceramic coating fee… which you can’t take off since they automatically do it to all the cars and you can’t take it off the invoice since it’s done already ( trust me I tried)

That's disappointing. I prefer the yellow badges.
I prefer yellow badges on all colors except Hethel Yellow, which is my color, so I actually want the black badges. Mine is a V1, though, but CARB state, so it's not here yet. If the CARB state cars were truly built later on, I wonder if there's a chance it'll have the black badges. I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
oh nooo i guess i need to call my dealer up.

I want yellow badges not black ones.

That's disappointing. I prefer the yellow badges.
Me too. I don't think the information above is correct. I believe 2.0's standard badging is still the yellow one.

Also the Configurator still shows the yellow badges.

Me too. I don't think the information above is correct. I believe 2.0's standard badging is still the yellow one.
I'd be interested in the answer to this as my car is an AT v2 and I'd prefer the black badges at delivery though I have little faith that either Lotus nor my dealer can confirm, either way, what the process is and what I should expect.

And don’t forget the “mandatory” $1295 ceramic coating fee… which you can’t take off since they automatically do it to all the cars and you can’t take it off the invoice since it’s done already ( trust me I tried)
:mad:
My rough calculations then:
MSRP FE 2.0: $105,400
Destination: $2,500
Dealer Fee: $1,700
"Mandatory" Ceramic Coating: $1,295
Sub total: $110,895
Texas sales tax (6.25%): $6,931
Total: $117,826

And that is before any PPF. Since I have a little time before mine is built I may keep an eye out for a DV that's selling for less. Definitely a lot more than expected when I put my initial deposit in before the price increase was announced. It made way more sense when starting at 95k.

Also I have not seen any UK i4's that are currently being produced with black badges. Nor Chinese Emira's. Also Eletre gets yellow Badges unless it's the "R" than it's black. My guess is Black badges are reserved for "S" and "R" Emira's.... they would want to follow consistency amongst the brand I would think.

And that is before any PPF. Since I have a little time before mine is built I may keep an eye out for a DV that's selling for less. Definitely a lot more than expected when I put my initial deposit in before the price increase was announced. It made way more sense when starting at 95k.
mandatory?

mandatory?
It's a creative way to do ADM.

I recently had a Honda dealer try to do this to me with an "appearance pack" they had tacked on, which was a $150 set of splash guards, a $50 set of wheel locks, and a $75 cargo tray... for which together they demanded a sum of $2000 and told me it was a non-optional already-installed upgrade. I was both amused at the audacity of it, and unamused by the unethical nature of the bundling and narrative. I did not pay their invented number.

That is such BS, taking advantage of your customers, not good business IMO. What goes around comes around as market conditions can't stay positive forever. Eventually, more cars will be available than customers wanting to buy them, especially as other dealers start getting more inventory & deposit bailouts.

Last edited:
My dealer charged the same (1700) Dallas. Which I think is the same as you. Not sure other dealers are doing this but at this point they know we don’t really have room to negotiate… don’t want to pay their fees? Someone else will or you can go to another dealer and wait another year to maybe get one. Sucks but it is what it is
Did your dealer say what is included in the $1700 fee? You *might* be able to challenge them on that to at least get it reduced if they don't have a solid answer. Maybe a small document fee could be justified, but I can't imagine what else. My dealer (and others) don't charge any dealer fee so it sounds a little suspect.

That is such BS, taking advantage of your customers, not good business IMO. What goes around comes around market conditions can't stay positive forever.
I wonder what a dealer would do if you demanded they remove the line item, but asked that they add a line item that simply says "Bribe" with the dollar amount they were willing to take in order to complete the transaction as agreed.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back