• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just got off the phone with Gator. They plan to deliver their first cars to customers today.

My car arrived at port 12/29/23 and according to them it's still sitting there waiting to be released to them.

Lotus will shortly be offering a PPF option, the benefit being that it is then covered under their warranty. He said it's about $2500 for front coverage, and it's from StarShield (same company that did it for Elises). Right now, the installers are going to the dealers and doing it at the dealer, but the plan is to have it done at port, like they did with Elises.
I decided to use the Lotus Guard (starshield) as well and Gator will get it installed before I pick it up.

yeah... I had the same realization last week when I confirmed my build. made me think back how this price really crept up on me. really came as a surprise but im so invested theres no chance I was backing out

1. announced starting in the 60s!!! couldn't believe it!
  2. oh that was in pounds, ok still 75k USD thats crazy!
  3. oh thats still unrealistic since thats the i4 and no options. still probably like 85k right... still great!
  4. oh a price increase... probably like 95k now for a base? ok... still works lets gooo
  5. oh I have the rare opportunity to buy a First Edition great! that means 105k now...great
  6. options (black pack, alcantera wheel) + taxes + ppf now very near 120k...welp im too invested to back out now
😳
Yep, exactly the same haha

:mad:
My rough calculations then:
MSRP FE 2.0: $105,400
Destination: $2,500
Dealer Fee: $1,700
"Mandatory" Ceramic Coating: $1,295
Sub total: $110,895
Texas sales tax (6.25%): $6,931
Total: $117,826

And that is before any PPF. Since I have a little time before mine is built I may keep an eye out for a DV that's selling for less. Definitely a lot more than expected when I put my initial deposit in before the price increase was announced. It made way more sense when starting at 95k.
What happens if you want to put PPF on the car? You shouldn't put ceramic on before PPF as it will not adhere as well. In addition, what ceramic product did they use and did they perform the necessary paint correction before installing the ceramic. That's BS.

Just got off the phone with Gator. They plan to deliver their first cars to customers today.

My car arrived at port 12/29/23 and according to them it's still sitting there waiting to be released to them.

Lotus will shortly be offering a PPF option, the benefit being that it is then covered under their warranty. He said it's about $2500 for front coverage, and it's from StarShield (same company that did it for Elises). Right now, the installers are going to the dealers and doing it at the dealer, but the plan is to have it done at port, like they did with Elises.
We have the very first car from Gator! Its getting picked up today by transport and headed out here to Reno.

Picked my car up from Lotus of Dallas! I think I'm the third delivery in North Texas. Lots of misinformation flying around online about that dealership; they've been nothing short of superb in all of my interactions with them.

Of course, my Miata is now exiled to outside the garage, and of course it's raining today.

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_162809641.jpg
    PXL_20240307_162809641.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 173
  • PXL_20240307_171727510.jpg
    PXL_20240307_171727510.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 173
  • PXL_20240307_174846169.jpg
    PXL_20240307_174846169.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 169
yeah on the agreement I saw a 999.00. And the deposit is NON-Refundable, and you can't sell the car within the first 9 months, unless it's to Naples with a 10k discount.
Not quite. You have to give them first right of refusal to purchase at the price they sold it to you for. If you don't give them first right of refusal, you owe them $10K penalty.

I will say having driven it for about an hour now, some interesting "quirks" with the car.

• The brakes are quite touchy. They bite hard with very little pressure.
  • The engine likes being in a gear one less than I'm used to - 6th feels like it's just for highways. It doesn't like being at less than 2k rpm.
  • I don't remember the steering wheel being as chonk as it is on the dealer demo car, but you get used to it quick.
  • You have to press the brake to disengage the parking brake before moving.
  • Infotainment is quite complex. Going to take some time to configure everything just right.

What happens if you want to put PPF on the car? You shouldn't put ceramic on before PPF as it will not adhere as well. In addition, what ceramic product did they use and did they perform the necessary paint correction before installing the ceramic. That's BS.
I thought destination fee was included in the price.

• The engine likes being in a gear one less than I'm used to - 6th feels like it's just for highways. It doesn't like being at less than 2k rpm.
I'm ok with this! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, hopefully we'll get more of this from owners that are lucky enough to pick up their cars.

Picked my car up from Lotus of Dallas! I think I'm the third delivery in North Texas. Lots of misinformation flying around online about that dealership; they've been nothing short of superb in all of my interactions with them.

Of course, my Miata is now exiled to outside the garage, and of course it's raining today.
Cup2s in the rain, how was that?

Another delivery today! I picked mine up from Charlotte this morning. The most exciting, painless and smooth car purchase I have ever made. Daniel and the team at Lotus Charlotte are top notch - down to earth and super easy to work with. No funny business - car price, $895 dealer fee, less initial deposit and boom - done! If anyone is still on the fence and anxious from hearing about other dealers you may want to give Daniel a call.

The 2 1/2 hour drive back to Raleigh was amazing. I couldn’t believe I was actually behind the wheel of my own Emira and my wife and I were already planning future outings. The reactions from other drivers were priceless - like they had seen a UFO going down the highway. Thumbs up, photos, videos, waving - you name it. I’ll post more in my journal thread when I have more time, but wanted to add myself to the list of today’s delighted US Emira owners!

IMG_5687.jpeg

Did you see mine out there ? 😅 it’s the shadow gray with black calipers but I’m getting powder coating done so I can’t get it shipped just yet 🥲🥲

Just picked mine up from Auto Europe Birmingham MI.
Oh maaann, I'm just loving that yellow!! Congrats. My wife told me I was too old for yellow, but I was still going strong for it until I saw Seneca Blue in person and switched. But I still have this color in my heart. Looking great!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back