• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1709843424855.png

This was the VIN# I was given... should be a 1FE V6 manual... should I be concerned at the "engine type" from Lotus' own website?

Another delivery today! I picked mine up from Charlotte this morning. The most exciting, painless and smooth car purchase I have ever made. Daniel and the team at Lotus Charlotte are top notch - down to earth and super easy to work with. No funny business - car price, $895 dealer fee, less initial deposit and boom - done! If anyone is still on the fence and anxious from hearing about other dealers you may want to give Daniel a call.

The 2 1/2 hour drive back to Raleigh was amazing. I couldn’t believe I was actually behind the wheel of my own Emira and my wife and I were already planning future outings. The reactions from other drivers were priceless - like they had seen a UFO going down the highway. Thumbs up, photos, videos, waving - you name it. I’ll post more in my journal thread when I have more time, but wanted to add myself to the list of today’s delighted US Emira owners!

View attachment 38368
Gorgeous!

The 2 1/2 hour drive back to Raleigh was amazing.

How is highway driving in traffic? In my Elise, you have to drive very defensively as it's so low to the ground that a lot of drivers don't see if if they look over... and it's so light you really feel the effect of a crosswind or a semi-truck's air stream.

I just had my talk with the Finance office to get the final price and the only things I got charged for above the MSPR + Destination was $500 Admin Fee, $587.50 Doc Fee. That feels fairly normal to me to be honest. I'm also putting $90K down and the rest on a small loan, and they were able to beat my credit union by 1.5%.

:mad:
My rough calculations then:
MSRP FE 2.0: $105,400
Destination: $2,500
Dealer Fee: $1,700
"Mandatory" Ceramic Coating: $1,295
Sub total: $110,895
Texas sales tax (6.25%): $6,931
Total: $117,826

And that is before any PPF. Since I have a little time before mine is built I may keep an eye out for a DV that's selling for less. Definitely a lot more than expected when I put my initial deposit in before the price increase was announced. It made way more sense when starting at 95P

:mad:
My rough calculations then:
MSRP FE 2.0: $105,400
Destination: $2,500
Dealer Fee: $1,700
"Mandatory" Ceramic Coating: $1,295
Sub total: $110,895
Texas sales tax (6.25%): $6,931
Total: $117,826

And that is before any PPF. Since I have a little time before mine is built I may keep an eye out for a DV that's selling for less. Definitely a lot more than expected when I put my initial deposit in before the price increase was announced. It made way more sense when starting at 95k.
Ceramic should be applied after PPF.

Outside of the crazy markups dealers charge for PPF and ceramic coating, they are not in the detailing business. They are in the business of selling cars as quickly as possible. I wouldn’t trust a dealer to do those types of difficult jobs. You’re better off finding someone local that is a master in their craft

View attachment 38370
This was the VIN# I was given... should be a 1FE V6 manual... should I be concerned at the "engine type" from Lotus' own website?
It's definitely just a mistake in their database as the 2ZR is not an option in the Emira. My VIN results in the same thing, btw.

It's definitely just a mistake in their database as the 2ZR is not an option in the Emira. My VIN results in the same thing, btw.
Makes me feel little better... and par for the course for how organized Lotus has proven to be lol.

Can someone who is receiving a car create a "USA / Canada Taking Delivery Thread" or something like that.

Just a suggestion. Love this thread but would love to exclusively track all those getting their new cars and the pics.

Can someone who is receiving a car create a "USA / Canada Taking Delivery Thread" or something like that.

Just a suggestion. Love this thread but would love to exclusively track all those getting their new cars and the pics.
Agreed! My car is currently MIA.

Outside of the crazy markups dealers charge for PPF and ceramic coating, they are not in the detailing business. They are in the business of selling cars as quickly as possible. I wouldn’t trust a dealer to do those types of difficult jobs. You’re better off finding someone local that is a master in their craft
Yes if the dealer are the one doing it 100%. I think what’s typical is a new car coming like this where half the customers want it - they coordinate with a PPF ceramic shop that’s reputable and provides warranty as a bundle and can work out a deal and maybe small profit for the dealer as well by booking a bulk job. I also feel more comfortable getting the 25th car from my dealership hoping the person doing it has just done 5-10 emiras vs taking it to someone who’s never seen the car before. At mega reputable place like that shop in the UK that did that PPF YouTube on the verdant I would trust them but there’s also a lot of horror stories on places you’d think are reputable and have fake reviews or get their buddies to talk them up. Thoughts?

"Lotus submitted a new Emira V6 powertrain calibration for CARB approval back in January and it was approved on February 29th."

Hmmmm.....

Yes if the dealer are the one doing it 100%. I think what’s typical is a new car coming like this where half the customers want it - they coordinate with a PPF ceramic shop that’s reputable and provides warranty as a bundle and can work out a deal and maybe small profit for the dealer as well by booking a bulk job. I also feel more comfortable getting the 25th car from my dealership hoping the person doing it has just done 5-10 emiras vs taking it to someone who’s never seen the car before. At mega reputable place like that shop in the UK that did that PPF YouTube on the verdant I would trust them but there’s also a lot of horror stories on places you’d think are reputable and have fake reviews or get their buddies to talk them up. Thoughts?
Toronto has some great detail shops. I would still take it to a professional detailer to have ppf/ceramic done. The Refinery in Toronto is highly regarded.

Great suggestion

Another delivery today! I picked mine up from Charlotte this morning. The most exciting, painless and smooth car purchase I have ever made. Daniel and the team at Lotus Charlotte are top notch - down to earth and super easy to work with. No funny business - car price, $895 dealer fee, less initial deposit and boom - done! If anyone is still on the fence and anxious from hearing about other dealers you may want to give Daniel a call.

The 2 1/2 hour drive back to Raleigh was amazing. I couldn’t believe I was actually behind the wheel of my own Emira and my wife and I were already planning future outings. The reactions from other drivers were priceless - like they had seen a UFO going down the highway. Thumbs up, photos, videos, waving - you name it. I’ll post more in my journal thread when I have more time, but wanted to add myself to the list of today’s delighted US Emira owners!

View attachment 38368
I am getting mine next week from Flow Lotus. How much was your delivery fee?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back