USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Got my gift today. Was looking forward to the book, but got a journal instead. Came with a hat, pen, key chain, a painting of the Emira, a nice card, and a journal book.
Hmmm, different gifts for FE 1 vs. 2? Or maybe they’ve just cleared out stuff they had :).

Yea, the hat definitely has "convention freebie that no one wanted despite being free" vibes. I am open to changing my mind if Lotus would, cough, send me my gift package.

It's definitely cleaning out the junk drawer and calling them "gifts"
When I first heard about the “gift” I honestly thought it might be a framed print of your spec signed by the team (even copied signature). Not that expensive to produce, what are there 1200 of these? Would have held those in considering backing out (especially autos), I guess that would have required too much thought.

When I first heard about the “gift” I honestly thought it might be a framed print of your spec signed by the team (even copied signature). Not that expensive to produce, what are there 1200 of these? Would have held those in considering backing out (especially autos), I guess that would have required too much thought.
Now that definitely would have been a nice gesture!

Got my gift today. Was looking forward to the book, but got a journal instead. Came with a hat, pen, key chain, a painting of the Emira, a nice card, and a journal book.

I got a notification from FedEx that my gift was shipped out today. I ordered a FE2.0 that's been sitting in Baltimore since 12/29/23.

I am fortunate enough to purchase this fantastic automobile, and I purchased from Lotus of Dallas. They were nothing short of professional, courteous, responsive, and attentive. Ask for Tony Luu, he’s a pro. Tony Conaty, the Finance Manager, was just as professional.

Regarding the purchase; yes, they charge what they call a delivery-fee. No, the ceramic coating was not mandatory, nor were any of the other finance protection products they offer. The Emira is one of the most low-supply and high-demand vehicles out right now. You have to respect that, in addition to the legal, compliant, and although-maybe-not-agreeable-to-you profit opportunities the Lotus dealers have right now.

It is important to note that I am in the car business. The transaction prices that the manufacturer and dealers are honoring for original reservation holders – regardless of 1.0 or 2.0 – at MSRP is good. Additionally, there are others willing to pay above those prices, so that cannot be overlooked, by either the buyers nor the sellers. A lot of comments are negative. Some commenters complain about dealer mark-ups then in the next thread discuss the value of paying $5,000 - $6,000 for paint protection film… that’s absurd. These are big-boy cars, and big-boy prices. Respect the process, ask your questions of your dealer when it comes time for you to take delivery of your own Emira, and go enjoy the car.

The internet can be very negative sometimes, and it takes the fun out of reading and contributing to these types of sites. I look forward to reading more about the fun, exciting, and positive elements that this new car brings to it’s owners and admirers. Sorry for the rant, but Lotus of Dallas is a 10 out of 10.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ve sat this conversation out now for long enough, and feel it necessary to weigh in. A few things: I am fortunate enough to be in the position to purchase this fantastic automobile, and I am very proud of all of the work I have put in the last 2 decades to achieve this. I purchased from Lotus of Dallas. They were nothing short of professional, courteous, responsive, and attentive. Ask for Tony Luu, he’s a pro. Tony Conaty, the Finance Manager, was just as professional.

My vehicle is being shipped to me on the East Coast (to a CARB state, too… so that’s possible) and I am very much looking forward to physically acquiring it within the next 2 days. Regarding the purchase; yes, they charge what they call a delivery-fee. No, the ceramic coating was not mandatory, nor were any of the other finance protection products they offer. The Emira is one of the most low-supply and high-demand vehicles out right now. You have to respect that, in addition to the legal, compliant, and although-maybe-not-agreeable-to-you profit opportunities the Lotus dealers have right now.

It is important to note that I am in the car business, and run stores with brands very much like these new Lotus dealerships. The transaction prices that the manufacturer and dealers are honoring for original reservation holders – regardless of 1.0 or 2.0 – at MSRP is very good business. Additionally, there are others willing to pay above those prices, so that cannot be overlooked, by either the buyers nor the sellers. Many of the comments on this topic seem to be from people who have not yet even transacted on one of these cars. A lot of the negative comments are conjecture, mob-mentality b.s. These dealers are in business to make money. You cannot hold that against them. Some commenters complain about dealer mark-ups then in the next thread discuss the value of paying $5,000 - $6,000 for paint protection film… that’s absurd. Please stop complaining like you’re on a forum in 2009 discussing budget-style imports. These are big-boy cars, and big-boy prices. Respect the process, ask your questions of your dealer when it comes time for you to take delivery of your own Emira, write the check, and go enjoy the car.

I’m sorry, the internet can be very negative sometimes, and it takes the fun out of reading and contributing to these types of sites. I look forward to reading more about the fun, exciting, and positive elements that this new car brings to it’s owners and admirers. Sorry for the rant, but Lotus of Dallas is a 10 out of 10. So do like you promised, and go delete your post on page 515.
Have you ever considered that both things might be true? That you could have had a good experience and a fair deal, and other people may have been treated unethically?

Even the way that you have written this post tells me that you approached them in a very specific way and got a specific response as a result, because you're in the car business and understand how to speak the language of the "in-group" in order to get the result that you are driving toward.

You're making a semi-reasonable point in general terms, but please don't assume that the experience that you've had is the experience that everyone is having with the same folks.

Last edited:
I hope I get the book. But looks like they are using fillers.

Ok, I’ve sat this conversation out now for long enough, and feel it necessary to weigh in. A few things: I am fortunate enough to be in the position to purchase this fantastic automobile, and I am very proud of all of the work I have put in the last 2 decades to achieve this. I purchased from Lotus of Dallas. They were nothing short of professional, courteous, responsive, and attentive. Ask for Tony Luu, he’s a pro. Tony Conaty, the Finance Manager, was just as professional.

My vehicle is being shipped to me on the East Coast (to a CARB state, too… so that’s possible) and I am very much looking forward to physically acquiring it within the next 2 days. Regarding the purchase; yes, they charge what they call a delivery-fee. No, the ceramic coating was not mandatory, nor were any of the other finance protection products they offer. The Emira is one of the most low-supply and high-demand vehicles out right now. You have to respect that, in addition to the legal, compliant, and although-maybe-not-agreeable-to-you profit opportunities the Lotus dealers have right now.

It is important to note that I am in the car business, and run stores with brands very much like these new Lotus dealerships. The transaction prices that the manufacturer and dealers are honoring for original reservation holders – regardless of 1.0 or 2.0 – at MSRP is very good business. Additionally, there are others willing to pay above those prices, so that cannot be overlooked, by either the buyers nor the sellers. Many of the comments on this topic seem to be from people who have not yet even transacted on one of these cars. A lot of the negative comments are conjecture, mob-mentality b.s. These dealers are in business to make money. You cannot hold that against them. Some commenters complain about dealer mark-ups then in the next thread discuss the value of paying $5,000 - $6,000 for paint protection film… that’s absurd. Please stop complaining like you’re on a forum in 2009 discussing budget-style imports. These are big-boy cars, and big-boy prices. Respect the process, ask your questions of your dealer when it comes time for you to take delivery of your own Emira, write the check, and go enjoy the car.

I’m sorry, the internet can be very negative sometimes, and it takes the fun out of reading and contributing to these types of sites. I look forward to reading more about the fun, exciting, and positive elements that this new car brings to it’s owners and admirers. Sorry for the rant, but Lotus of Dallas is a 10 out of 10. So do like you promised, and go delete your post on page 515.
I appreciate where you’re coming from and it good to see the dealer side of it, but I do feel like there’s a difference between a dealer making some money and completely screwing a customer over when it comes to paying for it. Customers saying dealers are charging for mandatory PPF and ceramic coating? Thats shady.

And “shut up and just up and write the check because you’re with the big boys now? Cmon man, I don’t care how much the car is, you gotta respect that people work hard for their money and don’t appreciate being taken for a ride

Deposits were made based on a deal previously agreed upon by dealers and buyers. Dealers are altering the deal last minute and preying on people committed to the second biggest personal purchase of their life that should be a happy thing. If the dealers are having such a hard time with just original MSRP, maybe they shouldn't have taken the deposit deal in the first place.

Sorry, this post is filled with the kind of car salesman mentality that turns people off. Once you take a customer's deposit with a spoken or written promise, It does not matter what kind of cars these are, what the customer can afford, or what the market condition is currently like - you deliver. A business needs to honor its commitments to the customer. None of what you wrote above excuse requiring customers to purchase ceramic coating or PPF unless this was agreed upon previously by the customer.

I've dealt extensively with end customers and I know that a customer isn't always right - sometimes I have to say no to unreasonable customers. But if a product/service was promised, then the customer gets that product/service as promised. No customer should be guilt tripped, ridiculed, or talked down to accepting something that was not a part of the deal. This type of unethical behavior is what gives car dealerships a bad name.

I have not personally dealt with Lotus of Dallas, and I don't know if it's true that they are behaving unethically. However, multiple people have come forward to voice concerns about unethical behavior by that dealership. Maybe it was a miscommunication, maybe there is a misunderstanding, but the solution to that is clear and unambiguous communication - maybe that salesperson needs more training, maybe he needs more oversight. Whatever the solution, it doesn't involve questioning the integrity of the customer.

So far, those of us that have had pre orders in for the Emira and have taken ownership from Lotus of Dallas have had good experiences from what I've read. It is entirely possible that the people coming in without those preorders are experiencing differently for sure; it's also possible non Dallas natives see a different side of the transaction.

Tony was my sales guy as well, and he was a pro - even sent an Uber for me when it was time to pick up my car from the dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back