USA/Canada Delivery Thread

LOL, wtf. It seems to have skipped right on past my VIN serial# range. The only listing with my range is the group of cars returned to the UK (but my VIN isn't listed there). This is such a cluster.
Same... I'm in the 0400's. One of the first run made in Nov/Dec.
I'm sure my battery is dead, brakes seized and paint blistered! 🤦🏻‍♂️

LOL, wtf. It seems to have skipped right on past my VIN serial# range. The only listing with my range is the group of cars returned to the UK (but my VIN isn't listed there). This is such a cluster. I'm starting to think that Lotus completely lost my car.
Same with my VIN. Man this is frustrating!

Same with my VIN. Man this is frustrating!
Maybe they accidentally got shipped to another country. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if my car gets delivered with a few hundred miles on the odometer... :mad:

My best guess is that the *earliest* that the CARB state cars start showing up in quantity would be around 3/24. Just be a bit more patient, guys. Almost there.

LOL, wtf. It seems to have skipped right on past my VIN serial# range. The only listing with my range is the group of cars returned to the UK (but my VIN isn't listed there). This is such a cluster. I'm starting to think that Lotus completely lost my car.

Maybe they accidentally got shipped to another country. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if my car gets delivered with a few hundred miles on the odometer... :mad:
LOL probably... Did you buy from Lotus of NJ?

Actually, I bet that they started storing the cars in a "stack," as in "first in, last out." Like, they tucked the earlier production cars back into a warehouse and kept stacking newer-production cars in to the point where they have to get the newer cars out before they can get the older cars out.

Actually, I bet that they started storing the cars in a "stack," as in "first in, last out." Like, they tucked the earlier production cars back into a warehouse and kept stacking newer-production cars in to the point where they have to get the newer cars out before they can get the older cars out.
That might just make sense, I ordered 7-21

The tracking sheet has been updated. Linked in my signature.

Edit: These cars are all 2000+ in sequence numbers. The boat sailed on 2/26/2024 so these are most likely additional FE2.0 cars for non-CARB state dealers.

My estimate on the production sequence went something like this:

October 2023 - Lotus started making US FE 1.0 Emiras, a mixture of CARB and non-CARB cars.
Late October to early November 2023 - Lotus stopped producing CARB state cars and shifted the capacity to FE 2.0 cars for non-CARB dealers.
December 2023 - Lotus shipped the first ~500 non-CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars and resumed production of CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars.
January 2024 - Lotus continues to manufacture CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars.
February 2024 - With CARB FE 1.0 and early batches of CARB 2.0 cars completed, they shift back to producing later batches of non-CARB FE 2.0 cars.
Thanks a lot for being super helpful

This cargo was loaded in Liverpool, and the ship sailed on 2/26/2024.
13 days port to port... Not too bad.
My dealer said once it's at Baltimore they can get in a day or two.
Now I just need it to actually get on a boat.

That's exceptionally optimistic. For any east coast dealer, including ones that are "close" like DC and NJ, I'd estimate 7 business days minimum from port arrival to dealer delivery even if everything goes exceptionally well.

That's exceptionally optimistic. For any east coast dealer, including ones that are "close" like DC and NJ, I'd estimate 7 business days minimum from port arrival to dealer delivery even if everything goes exceptionally well.
Well they're also Porsche Philly and that's how long they say it takes them get Porsches from the port to the dealer.
I have no reason to doubt them.
My buddy's T came next day after arrivng at port.

13 days port to port... Not too bad.
Now I just need it to actually get on a boat.

Yea, 12-14 days is the standard sailing time, depending on sea conditions.

I don't know about 1-2 days to dealer, though. It still has go through port PDI and get booked on a transport. I'd say a week is probably more realistic, and you may see other states further away getting their cars first - it's just the luck of the draw what cars gets unloaded/processed first. Remember that Floridian dealers were the first to get cars despite NC being much closer.

Well they're also Porsche Philly and that's how long they say it takes them get Porsches from the port to the dealer.
I'm pretty sure they are talking about transport time with a trucking line, after the car has been imported and passed through customs, regulatory checks, port process, and pre-prep. Not ship-offload-to-dealer-lot time, which is what was suggested.

My buddy's T came next day after arrivng at port.

Yea, but, this is Lotus we are talking about. :ROFLMAO:

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the shipments to date. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete.

Nova - this info is fantastic and might justify its own sticky thread. Thank you for compiling! (data point: my sequence # is 1498, CARB state car, doesn't show up on any of the current imports)

As a point of reference, I’ve been reaching out to various dealers about getting an off-the-lot V6 instead of waiting for my I4.

Every dealer I’ve talked to is pricing the car as if its a 2.0, irrespective of if it is (understandable).

Markups:

Low - $7k
Median - $12k
High - $20k

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back