USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Yeah, I don't want my car wrapped at the dealer because I'd probably damage it when disassembling the car to do what I want with it. So I'd end up paying twice. Mandatory markups are shady AF. It's never good to spend other people's money for them.

Ok, I’ve sat this conversation out now for long enough, and feel it necessary to weigh in. A few things: I am fortunate enough to be in the position to purchase this fantastic automobile, and I am very proud of all of the work I have put in the last 2 decades to achieve this. I purchased from Lotus of Dallas. They were nothing short of professional, courteous, responsive, and attentive. Ask for Tony Luu, he’s a pro. Tony Conaty, the Finance Manager, was just as professional.

My vehicle is being shipped to me on the East Coast (to a CARB state, too… so that’s possible) and I am very much looking forward to physically acquiring it within the next 2 days. Regarding the purchase; yes, they charge what they call a delivery-fee. No, the ceramic coating was not mandatory, nor were any of the other finance protection products they offer. The Emira is one of the most low-supply and high-demand vehicles out right now. You have to respect that, in addition to the legal, compliant, and although-maybe-not-agreeable-to-you profit opportunities the Lotus dealers have right now.

It is important to note that I am in the car business, and run stores with brands very much like these new Lotus dealerships. The transaction prices that the manufacturer and dealers are honoring for original reservation holders – regardless of 1.0 or 2.0 – at MSRP is very good business. Additionally, there are others willing to pay above those prices, so that cannot be overlooked, by either the buyers nor the sellers. Many of the comments on this topic seem to be from people who have not yet even transacted on one of these cars. A lot of the negative comments are conjecture, mob-mentality b.s. These dealers are in business to make money. You cannot hold that against them. Some commenters complain about dealer mark-ups then in the next thread discuss the value of paying $5,000 - $6,000 for paint protection film… that’s absurd. Please stop complaining like you’re on a forum in 2009 discussing budget-style imports. These are big-boy cars, and big-boy prices. Respect the process, ask your questions of your dealer when it comes time for you to take delivery of your own Emira, write the check, and go enjoy the car.

I’m sorry, the internet can be very negative sometimes, and it takes the fun out of reading and contributing to these types of sites. I look forward to reading more about the fun, exciting, and positive elements that this new car brings to it’s owners and admirers. Sorry for the rant, but Lotus of Dallas is a 10 out of 10. So do like you promised, and go delete your post on page 515.
I totally agree. The buzz around Lotus of Dallas was pretty positive, often called the most trustworthy dealer in USA. then this rumor that ceramic coating was required started and everyone dog piled them. I thought it was weird too.

was that rumor ever actually proven? (to happen at least once)

my guy is Mike/Michael and hes been fantastic

I totally agree. The buzz around Lotus of Dallas was pretty positive, often called the most trustworthy dealer in USA. then this rumor that ceramic coating was required started and everyone dog piled them. I thought it was weird too.

There was some guy on the Facebook that was irate lotus Dallas was charging adm on the fe2 price for an FE1 vin that someone gave up on - he definitely had a beef with them for sure for that.

Ok, I’ve sat this conversation out now for long enough, and feel it necessary to weigh in. A few things: I am fortunate enough to be in the position to purchase this fantastic automobile, and I am very proud of all of the work I have put in the last 2 decades to achieve this. I purchased from Lotus of Dallas. They were nothing short of professional, courteous, responsive, and attentive. Ask for Tony Luu, he’s a pro. Tony Conaty, the Finance Manager, was just as professional.

My vehicle is being shipped to me on the East Coast (to a CARB state, too… so that’s possible) and I am very much looking forward to physically acquiring it within the next 2 days. Regarding the purchase; yes, they charge what they call a delivery-fee. No, the ceramic coating was not mandatory, nor were any of the other finance protection products they offer. The Emira is one of the most low-supply and high-demand vehicles out right now. You have to respect that, in addition to the legal, compliant, and although-maybe-not-agreeable-to-you profit opportunities the Lotus dealers have right now.

It is important to note that I am in the car business, and run stores with brands very much like these new Lotus dealerships. The transaction prices that the manufacturer and dealers are honoring for original reservation holders – regardless of 1.0 or 2.0 – at MSRP is very good business. Additionally, there are others willing to pay above those prices, so that cannot be overlooked, by either the buyers nor the sellers. Many of the comments on this topic seem to be from people who have not yet even transacted on one of these cars. A lot of the negative comments are conjecture, mob-mentality b.s. These dealers are in business to make money. You cannot hold that against them. Some commenters complain about dealer mark-ups then in the next thread discuss the value of paying $5,000 - $6,000 for paint protection film… that’s absurd. Please stop complaining like you’re on a forum in 2009 discussing budget-style imports. These are big-boy cars, and big-boy prices. Respect the process, ask your questions of your dealer when it comes time for you to take delivery of your own Emira, write the check, and go enjoy the car.

I’m sorry, the internet can be very negative sometimes, and it takes the fun out of reading and contributing to these types of sites. I look forward to reading more about the fun, exciting, and positive elements that this new car brings to it’s owners and admirers. Sorry for the rant, but Lotus of Dallas is a 10 out of 10. So do like you promised, and go delete your post on page 515.
I agree...All businesses are entitled to earn a fair margin. But what Dallas Lotus is reportely doing is NOT that. Their reported behavior is beyond obsurd. Screwing customers over with thousands of dollars worth of last minute add ons is unscrupulous. In essence they are holding a product hostage and charging "business" ransom to release the car. This is mob like behavior and goes far beyond a fair margin business transaction and squarley crosses the line into unethical greed.

my guy is Mike/Michael and hes been fantastic
That might or might not be true...But ask yourself this question. Has the community complained about these sorts of abusive greed enduced business tactics from other dealers? Answer...Nope not really. Just Dallas

There was some guy on the Facebook that was irate lotus Dallas was charging adm on the fe2 price for an FE1 vin that someone gave up on - he definitely had a beef with them for sure for that.
I defended Lotus of Dallas on that one. A business exists to make money. Charging the current market price for a product/service is perfectly reasonable so long as there was no prior agreement.

I mean, we were on this emotional rollercoaster for nearly 3 years, and someone wants to drop in with no wait / no gray stress hair about their Emira pre order and not pay ADM? I mean, cmonnnnn!

Absolutely zero chance someone picks up a gt4rs without ADM if they didn't actually submit the order at a Porsche dealer.

I mean, we were on this emotional rollercoaster for nearly 3 years, and someone wants to drop in with no wait / no gray stress hair about their Emira pre order and not pay ADM? I mean, cmonnnnn!

Absolutely zero chance someone picks up a gt4rs without ADM if they didn't actually submit the order at a Porsche dealer.

I recently learned about ordering something like that.

TLDR; you need to buy a whole bunch of cars from one dealer to build a relationship for the CHANCE to order one.

I recently learned about ordering something like that.

TLDR; you need to buy a whole bunch of cars from one dealer to build a relationship for the CHANCE to order one.
Dude Porsche is crazyyy with the relationship building and having to buy several crappy cayennes over the years, sell them at a loss for a CHANCE to get a GT3 RS allocation.

Last edited:
Dude Porsche is crazyyy with the relationship building and having to buy several crappy cayennez over the years, sell them at a loss for a CHANCE to get a GT3 RS allocation.
I remember shopping for a 911 in 1993. There were 30 on the lot and selling for less than sticker. Only four basic colors, but still you could drive one off the lot same day.

Autostacker A6W
Thanks - looks very nice. But, very specified to parking and not enough flexibility for servicing to meet my needs (even with the 'removable service panel' option). Think I want a more traditional 'alignment rack' style where the entire center of the car is accessible.

Enjoy the Lotus!

Last edited:
I hope I get the book. But looks like they are using fillers.
I want the book too. Maybe once the book gets another print run they will send the books again. Wishful thinking …. You could ask Lotus customer service. I wrote them yesterday and I was surprised to get an answer on the same day!

Looks like another 60 cars arrived into Baltimore. My vin is still not showing up.

Looks like another 60 cars arrived into Baltimore. My vin is still not showing up.
Hey, look at that! It sure is. An additional 60 on top of the 69 that came in earlier in the week.

1710251569083.png

Hey, look at that! It sure is. An additional 60 on top of the 69 that came in earlier in the week.

View attachment 38691
The tracking sheet has been updated. Linked in my signature.

Edit: These cars are all 2000+ in sequence numbers. The boat sailed on 2/26/2024 so these are most likely additional FE2.0 cars for non-CARB state dealers.

My estimate on the production sequence went something like this:

October 2023 - Lotus started making US FE 1.0 Emiras, a mixture of CARB and non-CARB cars.
Late October to early November 2023 - Lotus stopped producing CARB state cars and shifted the capacity to FE 2.0 cars for non-CARB dealers.
December 2023 - Lotus shipped the first ~500 non-CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars and resumed production of CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars.
January 2024 - Lotus continues to manufacture CARB FE 1.0 and 2.0 cars.
February 2024 - With CARB FE 1.0 and early batches of CARB 2.0 cars completed, they shift back to producing later batches of non-CARB FE 2.0 cars.

Last edited:
The tracking sheet has been updated. Linked in my signature.
LOL, wtf. It seems to have skipped right on past my VIN serial# range. The only listing with my range is the group of cars returned to the UK (but my VIN isn't listed there). This is such a cluster. I'm starting to think that Lotus completely lost my car.

Interesting that last batch are all "2000" cars.
Sadly mine, in the 1600s, is still not on the import list 😥

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back