USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Has anyone else heard that Lotus is holding vehicles at the port until further notice, to allow the current dealer inventories to be drawn down to a more manageable level?

As a point of reference, I’ve been reaching out to various dealers about getting an off-the-lot V6 instead of waiting for my I4.

Every dealer I’ve talked to is pricing the car as if its a 2.0, irrespective of if it is (understandable).

Markups:

Low - $7k
Median - $12k
High - $20k
When you say mark-up do you mean in addition to what the current configurator shows? For example a FE V6 is ~$105k with a few options. Going from the discounted launch price to the current MSRP isn’t really a mark-up it’s a loss of an early bird discount in the grand scheme.

Has anyone else heard that Lotus is holding vehicles at the port until further notice, to allow the current dealer inventories to be drawn down to a more manageable level?
I have not heard that. If true, this would be dealer-specific, like Gator who refused to hold inventory in their own facility.

As a point of reference, I’ve been reaching out to various dealers about getting an off-the-lot V6 instead of waiting for my I4.

Every dealer I’ve talked to is pricing the car as if its a 2.0, irrespective of if it is (understandable).

Markups:

Low - $7k
Median - $12k
High - $20k
Give it some time. There are more cars coming. There will be more cancellations. While I don't think the US market will crash like the UK, I also don't feel like paying adjusted market premium is justified.

Give it some time. There are more cars coming. There will be more cancellations. While I don't think the US market will crash like the UK, I also don't feel like paying adjusted market premium is justified.
I agree. There is what seems to be a large sense of inorganic urgency from the dealers I’ve talked to attempting to push forward a deal with a markup. To me, this has indicated demand is softer than dealers had hoped and that prices will settle after supply isn’t so artificially limited as more cars hit the US. If there was substantial demand at $20k markup, they wouldn’t be nonstop calling me trying to get a deal done when I’ve clearly indicated the bid-ask spread is way too wide at the currently contemplated markups.

Honestly I’d get pretty annoyed if dealers were selling their emira v1 cars for the early bird price when a deposit holder backs out. Really don’t mind them charging current pricing. Because I’m buying the same exact car for the current price, why should someone just swoop in without the wait AND get a 10k discount…. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly I’d get pretty annoyed if dealers were selling their emira v1 cars for the early bird price when a deposit holder backs out. Really don’t mind them charging current pricing. Because I’m buying the same exact car for the current price, why should someone just swoop in without the wait AND get a 10k discount…. 🤷‍♂️
There's always going to be someone unhappy with the scenario. Of all the things to be irritated by, this is probably the least objectionable to the greater number of people.

Nova, thank you so much for the VIN updates. Unfortunately, the only list my car is on is the “Returned to UK” list!

You have to get the bill of lading tracking info from the carrier themselves. Some of them make it public, like ACL and WLWH, but Hoegh unfortunately only shows the first 99 lines and you have to pay to get more.

What state is your dealer in?
First wave Lotus of NJ order here... patiently waiting. Your list showed 0471 and then skipped to 0475... I'm 0473 😡😡😡

You're doing God's work, Nova... most appreciated!

Likely an Autostacker. Very nice units. I was looking to purchase two but they wouldn't budge on pricing :) Ended up with two 4post and 1 scissor for less.
If I may ask how much the scissor one
I’m looking at getting one. If roof height allows

First wave Lotus of NJ order here... patiently waiting. Your list showed 0471 and then skipped to 0475... I'm 0473 😡😡😡

Same for me. 1902 arrived on 3/6, I'm 1904 :(

While I do agree, it's not great for us V2 depositors. On the other hand, I do get why the dealer would do this. In all honesty, I don't think there will be many ppl receiving V1 pricing if someone drops out. Maybe 20 cars in the entire US. Not worth being bothered by.

I am also Lotus of NJ. Our cars are probably playing cards together somewhere in UK waiting for a ride on a ship. They will show up eventually.

While I do agree, it's not great for us V2 depositors. On the other hand, I do get why the dealer would do this. In all honesty, I don't think there will be many ppl receiving V1 pricing if someone drops out. Maybe 20 cars in the entire US. Not worth being bothered by.
If I could find a dealer in the US selling a DV/Tan interior for FE1.0 pricing I'd be calling them right now. Even losing my 2500 deposit and having to potentially ship it, I'd still come out ahead of staying with my FE2.0 allocation.

@Nova Amazing job pulling all the vin data together. My vin is in the 1500s and I am from WA, a CARB state. I went through the Vin numbers and it seems like that cars with VINs ending in 1400-1900 have not arrived yet. Those may be all CARB state cars.

There were a few of us that gave up our FE1.0 cars to people that jumped in. There are some of these opportunities.

Has anyone figured out yet what was included in the software update to get through CARB approval? Were there any engine modifications?

Has anyone figured out yet what was included in the software update to get through CARB approval? Were there any engine modifications?
There's no indication that the software update was required for CARB approval.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back