• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It also appears several others are scheduled for August.

View attachment 48662
Received this message from my dealer yesterday ( I omitted the VIN )

I hope all is well! We got another update sheet from Lotus, and your Emira has been produced, and has a VIN!
I'll keep you posted when we get the shipping update from Lotus, and we're always here if you have any questions in the meantime”

Followed up today, and my SA informed that mine is the last batch to be shipped with the V6 MT version 2.
❤️

Received this message from my dealer yesterday ( I omitted the VIN )

I hope all is well! We got another update sheet from Lotus, and your Emira has been produced, and has a VIN!
I'll keep you posted when we get the shipping update from Lotus, and we're always here if you have any questions in the meantime”

Followed up today, and my SA informed that mine is the last batch to be shipped with the V6 MT version 2.
❤️

I think I am, pun intended, in the same boat with you.

Awesome!!!! When did you place your order?

12/1/21: Deposit placed
2/13/24: Order finalized (FE2)
7/12/24: VIN provided by the dealer and told it would be an August arrival
7/31/24: Dealer said the car has been produced, but no port arrival date yet

I believe @Nova is still unable to get the data as they put the shipping manifests behind a paywall after the 7/8/24 update.
I also check ImportGenius.com, which still lists newest shipments, but the data is not as timely as ImportInfo.com. I haven't abandoned you guys, just checking less often. If you guys see a shipment, @ me and I'll check on it.

Another one to add to the delivery side of things.

This is my first Lotus. I am coming from a C7 Corvette and prior to that an Acura first generation 2005 NSX.

My Emira is from Boardwalk Lotus in the Bay Area.

The sales people at Boardwalk are stand up guys, Kyle Snell and Tom Sutton. Kyle was on top of things the whole way through the ordering process.

I have not had a lot of time in the car, but I would already second the theme of those prior to me……to those still awaiting your Emira……it is worth the wait.

My small dog, named Myra, already got a ride in the car. Irony in the similar names 😁

I also by chance, I luckily live in the Reno NV area, where the GRP vendor is located. I got to meet him yesterday and see his Emira which is being used as a test template for a number of Emira upgrades. If you are thinking of ordering upgrade parts for your Emira, GRP is a home grown business and he is a stand up guy. 😁

Going with a personalized license plate “4RE 1AB”

Not me, but younger of my two sons 😳

Attachments

• image0 3.jpeg
    image0 3.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image1 3.jpeg
    image1 3.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Mine was:
mine was:
11/17/23 deposit
02/20/24 order accepted
07/30/24 VIN provided

What color did you get?

I’m the same:
October 2023 deposit
February 2024 Order finalized
July 2024 VIN provided by dealership

No word on delivery, maybe August they say…

I’m the same:
October 2023 deposit
February 2024 Order finalized
July 2024 VIN provided by dealership

No word on delivery, maybe August they say…
you would think Lotus would try to ship all these built cars out ASAP , looks like im a FILO ( First in , Last out)

What boat did it come in on? Mine came in on 7/8 and Gator told me they are expecting the car to arrive within the next week or two.
My Emira was on the 7/8 boat and made it to my dealer all the way in California by 7/22.

Hopefully you'll be receiving yours soon!

- they charged you the sales tax rate for your local area not IN but didn't go through a 3rd party to process the sales tax for MD?

I had a friend that bought a car somewhere on the east coast and they charged him the sales tax rate where he lives. When he registered, the DMV calculated the local sales tax and it matched. He didn't have to pay anything extra or pay double and get a refund from the dealer

- did you ask if they would not make you pay sales tax and then you pay it locally when registered?

I bought a truck in TX and had it shipped, I paid only the price of the truck and when I registered it, I then paid the full sales tax to the DMV.
Same here! Got my GTR and 911 out of state and got charged the sales tax from my state of residence. No hassle