• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I saw 2 automatics on the manifest, were both Canadian? 23882 & 23869
CARB requires a different certification for auto vs manual - maybe that's why none are US bound yet?

There was a big fiasco around this with the 911 GT3 where the PDK passed CARB, but the manual did not because of a failed "noise test." Article here in case you're interested.

I saw 2 automatics on the manifest, were both Canadian? 23882 & 2386
That's good to hear.. My dealer has told me I still haven't been issued a vin yet on my auto. Anyone know how long scheduled production is to finish up the V1 and V2 FEV6? This is probably me getting impatient, but it seems this thing will never get produced.

CARB requires a different certification for auto vs manual - maybe that's why none are US bound yet?

There was a big fiasco around this with the 911 GT3 where the PDK passed CARB, but the manual did not because of a failed "noise test." Article here in case you're interested.
CARB cleared Emira V6 Auto back in May.

Mine has been sitting at port since July 8th and no one can provide a reason for the delay or an ETA.
same as mine, it arrived July 4th. But I ended up taking a car on the floor from Galpin. I am glad I did.

Mine has been sitting at port since July 8th and no one can provide a reason for the delay or an ETA.

Something went way wrong, we have had people getting their cars within 3 weeks after landing in Baltimore (east coast dealers. which dealer did you go through? The only thing I can think of is that they are a small dealership in an isolated area and they're waiting for more cars to arrive to fill a transport.

Something went way wrong, we have had people getting their cars within 3 weeks after landing in Baltimore (east coast dealers. which dealer did you go through? The only thing I can think of is that they are a small dealership in an isolated area and they're waiting for more cars to arrive to fill a transport.

They're from Massachusetts which is already a small area. There has to be something going on.

I went through Gator. So not a small dealer.

As all of you have already seen, there was a couple of shipments on 8/17 that arrived in Baltimore, both US and Canadian cars. Notably, the first confirmed Automatic V6 car arrived for Canada; none so far for the US. I've updated the tracking sheet.

View attachment 50268
Received this message from my dealer today 🤞

We wanted to reach out to share our latest update from Lotus regarding your Emira. It is currently on the water, in transit to the Baltimore port. We'll reach out along the way, and when it arrives here.

To ensure a smooth delivery to you, we wanted to get in touch early to begin what parts of that process we can. Please give me a call with any questions.

We're so excited to finally get to see you in your Lotus Emira!

Received this message from my dealer today 🤞

We wanted to reach out to share our latest update from Lotus regarding your Emira. It is currently on the water, in transit to the Baltimore port. We'll reach out along the way, and when it arrives here.

To ensure a smooth delivery to you, we wanted to get in touch early to begin what parts of that process we can. Please give me a call with any questions.

We're so excited to finally get to see you in your Lotus Emira!
Nice!!! V6 Auto? What VIN sequence # are you out of curiosity? I’m in 4200’s so was hoping you’re around there aha.

I saw 2 automatics on the manifest, were both Canadian? 23882 & 23869
I missed it! You are right. It's one automatic each. This kind of raises some questions for me... what are they for? Are they customer cars?

4204. Possibly I’m being overly hopeful for an October delivery.
Yeah, that would be great. Mine supposedly has been built beginning of August and told possibly will show up late September at the earliest. So, October may not be too off base for yours. Depends how they batch them I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nitsuj which PA dealer did you order from; about what time frame? Placed my ordered from the Philadelphia location around a year ago,

Nitsuj which PA dealer did you order from; about what time frame? Placed my ordered from the Philadelphia location around a year ago,

Originally had deposit with Victory Lotus NJ 7/21. They started asking for $10k markup and new Philly location was just opening up and much closer to home. Deposit with Philly Lotus 8/23 - do like you a year ago.

Originally had deposit with Victory Lotus NJ 7/21. They started asking for $10k markup and new Philly location was just opening up and much closer to home. Deposit with Philly Lotus 8/23 - do like you a year ago.
I must be right behind you in line. Reached out to Taylor last week about in-house PPF at the dealer, they offer a full front package that seems reasonable from XPEL ( have to ask if its Ultimate Plus). are you adding PPF?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back