• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

For anyone who didn't get the free Lotus gift or got the 2nd round without the book, Coterie Press has their reduced US shipping price again.

edit: I realize that the page looks confusing because they still say out of stock in one paragraph and then in stock in another paragraph. But I was able to check out for $57.50 (7.50 s/h vs 30 prior).
Thank you! In for 1.

The Superman. The blue is really sharp; I like it a lot. Is that the “after” exhaust in the video? I’m doing the GRP decat as well…….whenever my car gets here
Thanks, I'm in love with the color combo.

The video was after the decat install. It made a huge difference, not sure the video does it justice.

Picked up my car from Glenview earlier today, everything went about as smooth as could be. I'll have to get my battery tender at a later date, but clearly I'm doing well if that's the only issue to write about! HVAC, power steering, brakes, ect.... all working perfectly. Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful information on what to watch out for!

For people still waiting, my car landed in Baltimore on 5/26 and arrived at the dealer on 6/14.

Attachments

• 20240618_131958.jpg
    20240618_131958.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20240618_131942.jpg
    20240618_131942.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20240618_131837.jpg
    20240618_131837.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240618_131833.jpg
    20240618_131833.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 71
Picked up my car from Glenview earlier today, everything went about as smooth as could be. I'll have to get my battery tender at a later date, but clearly I'm doing well if that's the only issue to write about! HVAC, power steering, brakes, ect.... all working perfectly. Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful information on what to watch out for!

For people still waiting, my car landed in Baltimore on 5/26 and arrived at the dealer on 6/14.
Congrats!

For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread. Congrats to everybody who has taken deliveries recently. And to those who are still waiting… hang in there!

@ntingle That second image is just incredible. It's been a long time since my high school photography teacher explained to us that you are "painting with light" when you take a picture, but this captures the concept better than words. Very well done!

Thanks, I'm in love with the color combo.

The video was after the decat install. It made a huge difference, not sure the video does it justice.
Most videos don’t. I’m going to order the GRP decat and probably have installed the first week if not day 1.

I take it no PPF since you were able to pick it up from the dealer so soon after they got it.

So new update.. Dealer said its in Customs in the US, but it takes 2 weeks or so to clear customs and I should get my car sometime between 7/8 and 7/15.

Is that right? Does it take that long to clear customs? Is it possible for it to NOT be on the manifests that @Nova has until after it clears customs?

So much different information. First they say they are trying to get it on a trailor in the next 2-3 days and now it will take 3-4 weeks to get it. The wait is killing me.. I know you all know what it's like.. but I was thinking no later than end of month June, and now possible 2 more weeks potentially..

Thanks for listening to my rant..

Is that meridian blue or seneca looks like meridian
It’s Atlantis… they also had a Meridian there waiting for pick up, and it’s a VERY dark blue but has tons of metallic fleck in direct sunlight.

So new update.. Dealer said its in Customs in the US, but it takes 2 weeks or so to clear customs and I should get my car sometime between 7/8 and 7/15.

Is that right? Does it take that long to clear customs? Is it possible for it to NOT be on the manifests that @Nova has until after it clears customs?

So much different information. First they say they are trying to get it on a trailor in the next 2-3 days and now it will take 3-4 weeks to get it. The wait is killing me.. I know you all know what it's like.. but I was thinking no later than end of month June, and now possible 2 more weeks potentially..

Thanks for listening to my rant..

I don't know if cars are cleared any differently, but it usually takes less than a day for normal goods to clear customs. As long as the paper work is in order, they are typically "waved through" and the clearance is issued electronically without any actual inspection or processing of the goods by US customs. Often, the goods receive customs clearing even while they are on the ocean - they are already cleared to be released before they land at port.

The only time this is not true is when a shipment is flagged for additional inspection or examination. In those cases, the goods are off loaded to a bonded warehouse waiting for CBP to perform their inspection. That inspection may take a week or longer, but it usually takes at least a few days. The longest I've waited for customs inspection is about 90 days - during that time, the shipper or consignee pay for any inspection fees incurred by CBP, as well as storage fees, depending on the shipping terms.

Again, I'm not an expert on customs clearing of cars, but I would really doubt that it takes substantially longer than normal goods. Also, remember that previous shipments that arrived in the US were released to be port prepped and shipped to dealers very quickly - certainly within a week. Any dealer claiming that "customs takes 2 weeks" is talking out of their ass. No one knows how long a customs exam would take. It depends on the amount of goods waiting to be examined, the number of case officers available at the CBP station, and how much milk the case officer put in his coffee that morning. No one knows.

Anyone on here with a car that was on the 4/6 boat that still doesn't have the car even at the dealership?

That's the unfortunate "boat" I'm in. Challenged my dealer to ask Lotus WTF, since cars on 5/13 boats are showing up to dealerships on the west coast... so the Lotus logistics excuse has worn thin with me. I'm thinking there was/is an issue with my particular car maybe that Lotus PDI in Baltimore identified, but i'm just guessing. Can't understand now over 2 months sitting in Baltimore and not getting trucked to the dealer unless there is an issue.
I was on that boat and got car in California before end of April. Sorry for your struggles

What a thing. Have many thoughts but simply put it was worth the wait.

Ran into a lovely fellow member also picking up his DV at Boardwalk. Didn’t get to put nearly enough miles on the car - but at the very first stop for lunch a couple miles down the road from the dealership, did run into a small meet featuring a green Exige and Evora!

Attachments

• IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 87

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back