• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Mine arrived on the 7/8 boat and still has not made it to the dealer. Not sure what is taking so long. Anyone else on the 7/8 boat still waiting for theirs?

carPic.jpg

Finally got it :love:

July 2023 deposit
Feb 2024 build confirmation
June 2024 build date
July 8th 2024 car landed on American soil
July 27th arrived at dealer
Aug 3rd pickup

I have hope that it will be soon and that their initial September-October delivery is actually accurate. The past few shipments from June has VIN numbers in the 3900-4000 and my VIN is in 4200’s so it’s pretty close.
My VIN is 3912, and it appears they stopped just before mine and then sent the later I4 demos. So I'm hoping mine inched down the line just behind them, but out of priority sequence for shipping.

Yes, this is correct from at least in Lotus history. The VIN is assigned as its to enter into production. It allows the organizing of the VIN specific parts and others assigned to your build. Simply the logistics of the process that a VIN is assigned when heading into production….. when you receive/informed of your VIN seems to be the variable. But good news, VIN means production is very close.
I received my VIN mid July(I4/AMG). I would expect it has been built by now. Now just looking for it to show up on a shipping manifest.
Did the i4 AMG get CARB approval yet? Last one I saw was the V6 auto on May 30.

Did the i4 AMG get CARB approval yet? Last one I saw was the V6 auto on May 30.
Could Lotus mess this up again (rhetorical) , last thing we all want it our new cars sitting at a port or dealers back lot for months......

Could Lotus mess this up again (rhetorical) , last thing we all want it our new cars sitting at a port or dealers back lot for months......
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Lol

My vin is 14168. (4168?) I’m FE2 v6 manual. Pre ordered Feb 24’, built feb 24’ with an estimated may build Aug delivery. Asked my sales and he said it’s “produced” and I asked for a vin so then he provided me with one. So I think I’m on the last few FE2’s V6 manual left! They sept ETA sept 24th delivery.

Congrats! She looks mean! Glad the charger is working out for you!

How involved was it removing the OEM side skirt? Did you have to remove fenders?

The necessary parts to remove are the
1) wheels
2) wheel arch liners
3) sill finisher (aluminum Emira)
4) sill cover
5) side vents
6) two bolts on the rear of the front fender
7) fender finisher (bolt at the bottom and then a bunch of snap fasteners pull towards the front from the bottom edge)
8) ten or so bolts from the rear fender

If you're very careful you could do it without damaging the PPF.

I spoke to my dealer today and he said my V6 auto is in production and he is going to try to get me my VIN. The dealer we went with is over 800 miles from our home. We were planning on flying out and driving our Emira back. Has anyone else done this and does anyone see any issues with doing that?

I spoke to my dealer today and he said my V6 auto is in production and he is going to try to get me my VIN. The dealer we went with is over 800 miles from our home. We were planning on flying out and driving our Emira back. Has anyone else done this and does anyone see any issues with doing that?
This is interesting, I thought some shared that the i4 auto was going to be built BEFORE the V6 auto. Am I remembering this backwards?

I have hope that it will be soon and that their initial September-October delivery is actually accurate. The past few shipments from June has VIN numbers in the 3900-4000 and my VIN is in 4200’s so it’s pretty close.

Of course! I bought a subscription to ImportInfo for the month so I will be able to give you guys updates for the time being

I think it’s concurrently, I got a VIN for my V6 auto two weeks ago
I agree…and what we are pretty sure is that all FE’s are 2024 models. I have the assumption all the FE’s I4 and V6 autos will be pumped out to fill the allocations in the USA this round. (From what we have been told, approximately 25 cars are made per day at the Hethel factory and 4 days a week or 400 cars per month.)

My dealer says no VINs are being shared yet. May I ask who your dealership is?
They share the VIN when it's being built. Yours may not be built yet. While I'm not the person you asked, I would imagine the process is the same for the autos. The Atlanta dealer gave me mine when it was being built, but it's not here yet. (V6 manual, 982 days since deposit)