What engine will you go with Toyota V6 or AMG 4? [poll]

What engine option will you choose for the Emira

• AMG-sourced four-cylinder making 360 horsepower

Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Supercharged 416-hp Toyota V-6

Votes: 147 69.0%

• Total voters
Late to the conversation, so sorry if I repeat stuff.

Sadly I won't be able to afford the manual, so the Toyota engine is off the cards. Happy to say that I've spoken to a few AMG remappers, and I should be able to get to 415hp with a one day visit and a £500 outlay, so the AMG engine is going to be the one I plump for.

I have the Toyota (albeit not supercharged) in my Evora, so will spread my fun.

Late to the conversation, so sorry if I repeat stuff.

Sadly I won't be able to afford the manual, so the Toyota engine is off the cards. Happy to say that I've spoken to a few AMG remappers, and I should be able to get to 415hp with a one day visit and a £500 outlay, so the AMG engine is going to be the one I plump for.

I have the Toyota (albeit not supercharged) in my Evora, so will spread my fun.
Exactly my thinking, in terms of budget and possible upgrades! TBH, I think I would have chosen the AMG engine regardless of budget, just feels like it will suit the car perfectly.

V6 Manual… last of the breed .

The DCT be nice for track but got the Exige for track

agree Dragoon, full clear wrap , got it on the Exige, 311 and GR Yaris and it’s SO easy to look after the paint . Always looks fresh

I will go for the V6 and manual and in yellow. With black roof!
13D78551-C139-4B5C-A8D0-36D69D8D2CF5.png

Deposit in the day after it was announced. V6 with manual. Transmission was easily the reason to buy. Won't be another car like this anymore. Very excited to get it.

The Emira will have a choice of two engines: an AMG-sourced four-cylinder making 360 horsepower or the supercharged 416-hp Toyota V-6 currently offered in the Evora. What engine do you plan on going with?

View attachment 12
I currently drive a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder Jaguar F Type which delivers fantastic performance and fuel economy around 29 mpg so the AMG will be my choice in the Emira.

Hmm, I hadn't seen anything on the price differential between the two powerplants so was about to ask what your source was - but just did a quick Google and found "The V6-engined car will form the upper end of the Emira range, with a circa £75-85,000 starting price" from Evo. That's a big difference from the <£60k starting price originally put out (and I had assumed, obviously wrongly, that the older powerplant with manual transmission would start towards the bottom of the range...)

I may have to rethink this.
Yep that`s about right £15k + more for the V6 manual as confirmed to me by Bell and covill on monday!!
They stated (The starting point for the AMG will be around £60K and the V6 manual will start around £75K) :(

Yep that`s about right £15k + more for the V6 manual as confirmed to me by Bell and covill on monday!!
They stated (The starting point for the AMG will be around £60K and the V6 manual will start around £75K) :(
Jamie at B&C told me the same. Hopefully all will be clearer during the autumn when the cars visit the showrooms.

Hello,
I’m new on the forum, very interesting movie although I think that the AMG engine is the M260 (A35) which is totally different engine than the M138 (A45) which from what I found based on a different block. Although it stays a good alternative for the V6, I guess the AMG M139 engine would be to close or even over class the V6 considering his power, weight and consumption ratio. The sound however is another story. Anyone some inside information?
Cheers,
Mr Ray

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back