• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any chance Lotus having auto rev match on the manual Emira?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know Porsche and many other auto manufacturers have added auto rev match on their manual transmissions.
Last year I bought a Hyundai Veloster N and it has auto rev matching, and I'm very glad it does, because the pedals are not set up very well at all for heel and towing.
My Ariel Atom was perfect for heel and toe rev matching.
My Boxter was pretty good.
Are most Lotus cars set up and easy for heel and towing??
Cheers.

Going through all the posts, the most surprising thing I read is that the Emira doesn’t have keyless entry? I’ve watched all the videos out there and Lotus has talked about making the car feel luxurious on the inside, so that’s surprising. It obviously has push to start. Seems like a questionable decision.

I am guessing it has fob lock/unlock at a minimum since it needs a fob for the start function. I could be wrong but my assumption was that the keyless entry comment was about sensing your hand on the handle and sensing the fob in your pocket like a lot of modern cars have, but the handle on the emira is unique so that may be a constraint.

all that is speculation on my part though.

I am guessing it has fob lock/unlock at a minimum since it needs a fob for the start function. I could be wrong but my assumption was that the keyless entry comment was about sensing your hand on the handle and sensing the fob in your pocket like a lot of modern cars have, but the handle on the emira is unique so that may be a constraint.

I think you are absolutely correct about using the fob to lock/unlock (I hope the fob looks nicer than the Evora’s). The car should still be able to sense when the fob is near and let the handle open the door. FWIW, I don’t design cars so I may be way off base

That's it. You'll need to physically press the button to unlock the door, rather than being able to touch the handle with the key in your pocket or briefcase/handbag. I know that feature is convenient but I was surprised some people saw it as a major gap.

I don't know the reason why it isn't included and the handle design may be a factor. in being able to include the relevant sensor.

Does not having it make the car less susceptible to relay theft?

I think you are absolutely correct about using the fob to lock/unlock (I hope the fob looks nicer than the Evora’s). The car should still be able to sense when the fob is near and let the handle open the door. FWIW, I don’t design cars so I may be way off base
In the 3 cars I have that does this, it won't unlock till i touch the handle, i was just making a guess that the pivoting flush handle may be the issue. I have no clue though!

That's it. You'll need to physically press the button to unlock the door, rather than being able to touch the handle with the key in your pocket or briefcase/handbag. I know that feature is convenient but I was surprised some people saw it as a major gap.

I don't know the reason why it isn't included and the handle design may be a factor. in being able to include the relevant sensor.

Does not having it make the car less susceptible to relay theft?
seems like a very minor issue IMO. As long as I don't have to put a physical key into the door to get in I'm happy haha

The Emira fob isn't the recycled Ford Transit key off the Evora!

It looks like a recent Lynk & Co or Aston Martin fob. I discovered recently the AM key is actually a Volvo part underneath, which explains the similarity.

from another thread:
1643386026619.png

and lync fob on internet:
1643386011640.png

Am with you.... hoping she has small hand..... but still ..... :confused: not the best i have seen
agreed. I'm not very picky about things, but I want it to not feel like i'm carrying another phone in my pocket or something like that haha. I've gotten spoiled with not needing real keys on most of my day to day stuff, so having less/smaller things to carry has been nice.

that'd be better, but that photo i posted is alledgedly from a video of someone unlocking the emira on tour in china.

I don't have a link to the vid though, so just going by what another user here posted

that'd be better, but that photo i posted is alledgedly from a video of someone unlocking the emira on tour in china.

I don't have a link to the vid though, so just going by what another user here posted
As I've said elsewhere, ignore everything you see or read or hear about the Chinese show cars - they are not production or close to production.

Going through all the posts, the most surprising thing I read is that the Emira doesn’t have keyless entry? I’ve watched all the videos out there and Lotus has talked about making the car feel luxurious on the inside, so that’s surprising. It obviously has push to start. Seems like a questionable decision.
Engagement. Where does it end with automation... Just celebrate 🍾 you are getting one of the last truly analogue sports cars 😍

Engagement. Where does it end with automation... Just celebrate 🍾 you are getting one of the last truly analogue sports cars 😍
I’m actually not a fan of all the tech going on in new cars. In fact, I think a nicely crafted analog dash is infinitely better than digital (like a finely crafted swiss watch compared to an Apple Watch) but keyless access is just a convenience thing. I can put my keys in my bag in the trunk, or I don’t have to take off my winter gloves to pick up the fob from my pocket to hit the unlock button.

Speaking of that, Tom, why is there no “frunk”

I’m actually not a fan of all the tech going on in new cars. In fact, I think a nicely crafted analog dash is infinitely better than digital (like a finely crafted swiss watch compared to an Apple Watch) but keyless access is just a convenience thing. I can put my keys in my bag in the trunk, or I don’t have to take off my winter gloves to pick up the fob from my pocket to hit the unlock button.

Speaking of that, Tom, why is there no “frunk”
I know it's obviously not possible for whatever reason but a frunk would have taken the Emira to next level day to day. Part of reason I prefer the 781/981 car to the 991/992 equivalent. So much practical storage room.
I'd be happy if they included bespoke secured luggage behind the seats on the FE (asking too much lol)