• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any chance Lotus having auto rev match on the manual Emira?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know Porsche and many other auto manufacturers have added auto rev match on their manual transmissions.
Last year I bought a Hyundai Veloster N and it has auto rev matching, and I'm very glad it does, because the pedals are not set up very well at all for heel and towing.
My Ariel Atom was perfect for heel and toe rev matching.
My Boxter was pretty good.
Are most Lotus cars set up and easy for heel and towing??
Cheers.

Is that true? I can definitely remember it being in the initial press release, and was quietly removed a few days later and never mentioned again.
ADAS was mentioned at release event but never in relation to specific models or engines etc that I know of anyway

Is that true? I can definitely remember it being in the initial press release, and was quietly removed a few days later and never mentioned again.

the articles I looked at all describe the adas stuff as options, not standard equip, and since the FE is only options they chose, technically it's still true:

I know Porsche and many other auto manufacturers have added auto rev match on their manual transmissions.
Last year I bought a Hyundai Veloster N and it has auto rev matching, and I'm very glad it does, because the pedals are not set up very well at all for heel and towing.
My Ariel Atom was perfect for heel and toe rev matching.
My Boxter was pretty good.
Are most Lotus cars set up and easy for heel and towing??
Cheers.

They are. Pedals are always positioned fairly close together. They seemed a bit toward the center of the car in the Emira demo I sat in, but still very doable.

Could be a good solution for people ordering manual ‘drivers’ cars to use their time learning how to heel n’ toe rather than complaining on this forum about ‘auto blip’ options..

Could be a good solution for people ordering manual ‘drivers’ cars to use their time learning how to heel n’ toe rather than complaining on this forum about ‘auto blip’ options..
I'm too lazy 😴 😪 🤣 Yaris isn't particularly well set up for it either.
Hopefully have my first sports car back on road soon tho and the one I learnt to heal and toe in! 🥰
20220124_132558.jpg

Last edited:
I don't value the skill. rev match or autoblip takes a risk out of track days for me. heel toe adds nothing for me but something to worry about upsetting the car.
that's it. And when you are dealing with a 100k car during track days, you are glad you can take that risk away. I 100% agree with you on that point.

I

It's a nice thing to do when you are in the mood. Agree on a track I'm not interested tho

I'm too lazy 😴 😪 🤣 Yaris isn't particularly well set up for it either.
Hopefully have my first sports car back on road soon tho and the one I learnt to heal and toe in! 🥰View attachment 2799
Leonard, just curious if you're planning on keeping the GR Yaris once your Emira arrives?
Love the GR Yaris, shame it didn't make it to North America.

Leonard, just curious if you're planning on keeping the GR Yaris once your Emira arrives?
I got me deposit down on the GR corolla since last August. Would most likely be the daily driver next winter if it's unveiled by then!

I'd like to, its a brilliant little car. I'm currently using it as my daily and it is great for that other than being a little small to be totally practical. For a small car it's not bad though. Just packing it now with four spare wheels and luggage. It's worth what I paid for it a year ago, so that is a consideration as well.
Come June I will have the Yaris, Emira and my old Corrado VR6 home. So something may have to give. Just not sure what yet!
Amazed they didn't import any to the USA, not sure of reasons why, but you guys and gals definitely missed out :(

I

It's a nice thing to do when you are in the mood. Agree on a track I'm not interested tho
I really enjoy heel and toeing on the road, but on track it is actually very difficult to do if you are braking hard and late, and even then it only works if the brake pedal is rock solid and doesn't have too much travel. And the consequences of getting it wrong could be very serious as this vid shows. Driver and spectators were unhurt

I really enjoy heel and toeing on the road, but on track it is actually very difficult to do if you are braking hard and late, and even then it only works if the brake pedal is rock solid and doesn't have too much travel. And the consequences of getting it wrong could be very serious as this vid shows. Driver and spectators were unhurt
OUCH. And I rest my case your honour 😅

Yeah, I honestly think that the majority of the "real drivers heel toe" crowd hasn't truly been at the limit into a corner in a car OR think they are fast, but don't give point by's lol. I know there are exceptions, but it still annoys me haha