• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Car shows "limp mode" or "reduced acceleration" warnings (possible ECU issue)

Yeah, I picture the UK as mild drizzle most of the time, but then a lot of the American South is "mostly sunny, with a chance of life-altering floods".
Certainly felt like that today in London.

So based on experience today with miltek valve in “mode 1” it definitely causes limp mode and MIL light. Happened repeatedly while pushing hard. Took it out at lunch time and been fine all afternoon. Will be writing to miltek and requesting a refund as its either faulty or doesnt work

I experienced the reduced acceleration warning and ESC error on a drive on the weekend after driving 1,000 miles. No rain, no wash - car was totally dry. I have 3rd cat delete. It randomly turned on as I was driving slowly through a neighbourhood. Parked locked the car, went for lunch. When I returned, error message gone - drove home 7hour drive - no error again. I assume its something flaky. I guess I’ll wait if it comes up again.

April 24 build car, I've had it since June and zero issues outside of some paint defects. Well unfortunately today I'm joining the "Engine reduced acceleration" club. No error codes or check engine lights, just a pop up warning followed by the redline reduction. It was 95 degrees in Chicago today and I was in terrible traffic for well over an hour (AC cranking of course), hopefully just a case of things getting too hot?

I'll keep people posted if this was a one time deal or if it continues to pop up.
Could any of this or anyone in the thread comment on if this is an alternator issue?

Reason I asked this question is because my alternator went out and my car died while driving. Look at my original post from before from 2-3 weeks ago.

The summary is we were fitted with 150 amp alternator, as in warmer weather in US, need higher Amp, so the cars require 180 A in the US. That is how I understand it from Lotus.

I experienced the reduced acceleration warning and ESC error on a drive on the weekend after driving 1,000 miles. No rain, no wash - car was totally dry. I have 3rd cat delete. It randomly turned on as I was driving slowly through a neighbourhood. Parked locked the car, went for lunch. When I returned, error message gone - drove home 7hour drive - no error again. I assume its something flaky. I guess I’ll wait if it comes up again.
I got this the other day after driving about 3 miles. It unexpectedly went back to normal before shutting the car off.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back