• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira GRP Third Cat Delete Pipe and Milltek Active Valve Exhaust Control Install Video

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Here's my installation video for the GRP third cat delete pipe and a Milltek active valve exhaust controller. If you plan to install the cat delete pipe, I would suggest you watch this first. It will save you a LOT of time and you will be prepared if you have to make any adjustments for a proper fit.

If the muffler inlet pipe is larger than your cat delete pipe (like mine), you must expand the cat delete pipe to fit correctly. You can pre-order a tailpipe expander tool before installation or find one at your local auto parts store. Here's a link for your convenience: https://a.co/d/3dFKVyI

Last edited:
Thanks for making this! First time I've heard of having to use a pipe expander for this install. I plan to install one on my friend's Emira soon so this video is very helpful.

Thanks for making this! First time I've heard of having to use a pipe expander for this install. I plan to install one on my friend's Emira soon so this video is very helpful.
I hope you won't need it. I'm sure I got an early production model where the muffler inlet swage was new and expanded mine larger than most. Even if you do, you at least know what to expect and can make the proper adjustment.

Fantastic clear video! Thank you, this will be very helpful. Would have loved to see the oil change as well.

Great video. But fair warning, at 10:35, where the 3rd cat just rotates down, some cars may not do that based on what I have heard. It can be in there *tight*.

Super helpful, thanks for showing

Luckily I didn't need the expander! But the penetrating oil sure was necessary to get the 3rd cat out.

Very helpful instructions! But without a lift I probably would no attempt to install it myself. :(

Very helpful instructions! But without a lift I probably would no attempt to install it myself. :(
I actually installed the 3rd cat delete pipe by myself this past Monday following the steps of this video, the written instructions of which are also provided as part of GRP's product description. Had I seen this video beforehand, it would've been even more helpful but, I have to say, I found the removal and installation process to be a lot easier than I was expecting. I really did not encounter any of the difficulties that some members have experienced.
I placed my car on 22" high Jack Stands (so no ramps or lifts), I did let WD-40 soak in on all of the pertinent bolts and screws, I had gathered all the tools that GRP recommended and with a little force, twisting and patience, the CAT came right off. I barely had to use the wood dowel to pull the CAT out of the brace. Quite frankly, the tools that I found most useful were the 2 pry bars and the rubber mallet. A 3/8 ratchet-to-socket extension (I used a 8" extension) was also pretty useful, as it helped with clearance in some awkward spots to unscrew and screw in the bolts. I happen to also have removed the under tray behind the one for the muffler section (the one for draining oil and removing the filter) which gave me a better look and a little more room to maneuver. The additional reason I had for removing the second under tray was because I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to also put sound proofing (1mm second skin) in both under trays as they are very thin and likely amplify and transmit a lot of unwanted wheel sound in to the cabin. I hope this proves a little helpful, but if you're not up to it, you can always get a muffler shop to do it for you.

Last edited:
Awesome video @Dragoon. I need to do the same mods to mine!
Jealous that you have a car lift like that at home. I'll need to add one to my quickly expanding shopping list!

I actually installed the 3rd cat delete pipe by myself this past Monday following the steps of this video, the written instructions of which are also provided as part of GRP's product description. Had I seen this video beforehand, it would've been even more helpful but, I have to say, I found the removal and installation process to be a lot easier than I was expecting. I really did not encounter any of the difficulties that some members have experienced.
I placed my car on 22" high Jack Stands (so no ramps or lifts), I did let WD-40 soak in on all of the pertinent bolts and screws, I had gathered all the tools that GRP recommended and with a little force, twisting and patience, the CAT came right off. I barely had to use the wood dowel to pull the CAT out of the brace. Quite frankly, the tools that I found most useful were the 2 pry bars and the rubber mallet. A 3/8 ratchet-to-socket extension (I used a 8" extension) was also pretty useful, as it helped with clearance in some awkward spots to unscrew and screw in the bolts. I happen to also have removed the under tray behind the one for the muffler section (the one for draining oil and removing the filter) which gave me a better look and a little more room to maneuver. The additional reason I had for removing the second under tray was because I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to also put sound proofing (1mm second skin) in both under trays as they are very thin and likely amplify and transmit a lot of unwanted wheel sound in to the cabin. I hope this proves a little helpful, but if you're not up to it, you can always get a muffler shop to do it for you.
Years ago I installed lowering springs myself on my Evo and it didn't go well.. Should be a 2-3 hour job as I followed instructions from forum but it took me a whole day and a half figuring out why everything went south. I'm hesitant to do any extensive DIY jobs on the car ever since. 😅

Awesome video @Dragoon. I need to do the same mods to mine!
Jealous that you have a car lift like that at home. I'll need to add one to my quickly expanding shopping list!
Thank you! Four-post lifts are pretty reasonable, considering they can give you room for an extra vehicle and help save you on maintenance and installation costs. Especially if you can catch one on sale.

Years ago I installed lowering springs myself on my Evo and it didn't go well.. Should be a 2-3 hour job as I followed instructions from forum but it took me a whole day and a half figuring out why everything went south. I'm hesitant to do any extensive DIY jobs on the car ever since. 😅
I have been there many times! With this installation, you shouldn't have any surprises now. It's more of just wrestling it into place.

Thank you! Four-post lifts are pretty reasonable, considering they can give you room for an extra vehicle and help save you on maintenance and installation costs. Especially if you can catch one on sale.

Agreed. Just wish my garage was tall enough for one!

Agreed. Just wish my garage was tall enough for one!
Word! Mine is about 10'3", and it works perfectly with a Vyper chair to wheel around under.