• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Wireless charger insert for the cubby!

Subw00er

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all! One of the things I missed from my other car was a wireless charger, so I made one. Here are some of the key design features:

-Printed in PET Carbon Fiber infused material which has a very nice smooth finish that matches the car well, and its suited to the car environment. Its incredibly strong, resistant to high heat, moisture absorption, and warping.
-Included 15w Mag charger simply plugs it into the port below the cubby. It is literally a 30 second install! Charge rate is about .5%/min. I know a lot of folks will say this port is not strong enough for wireless, but I found a more efficient charger than the Apple one that does work there.
-Self centering design so you can sort of fling it down there and it will align the phone perfectly if your case is slippy (see vid). If you have an older, smaller iPhone like my SE, I can provide a magnetically removable adapter which centers the phone and makes sure alignment over the puck is perfectly maintained. Just let me know you need it, and I'll include one.
-Wire securing features on the bottom side to take up the slack from the USB cable and facilitate installation.
-Oversized slightly for both the larger iPhones sized phones as well as the iPhone SE with cases (Max width of your phone in the case must be less than 3.1"/79.5mm).
-Perfect cubby fit with no sliding around/rattling
-Black alcantara option available.

Cost: $160 which includes shipping (for USA - contact me to quote other countries), the Magsafe charger puck, USB adapter, and smaller iPhone mag adapter (if requested).
Alcantara: +$30

Attachments

• alc2.jpg
    alc2.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 233
  • alc1.jpg
    alc1.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_6386.jpg
    IMG_6386.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4683.JPG
    IMG_4683.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4582.MOV
    10.9 MB
  • IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    429.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4571.JPG
    IMG_4571.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4583.JPG
    IMG_4583.JPG
    556.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I have a few left if anyone else is interested.

Replied, thanks!

Received my wireless charger and I am loving it! Fast shipping and excellent quality, only took about 2 minutes to install. I can quickly drop my phone in and it settles right into place with the mag charger.

I chose the alcantara option and it blends in perfectly with the rest of the interior.

Awesome work @Subw00er

IMG_3620.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Liquix! Glad you're liking it. ps - pics didn't come through. Lets see!

Great work Subw00er

Had mine fitted for a couple of weeks and am delighted. Keeps my iPhone nicely topped up even while using phone audio and navigation.

One minor ‘twist’ for auto owners (mine is a V6 auto), you need to remove the shift lever handle to install. No biggie:
IMG_2295.jpeg