Further delays?

I can’t believe they haven’t built glass piping into their 100m investment in this new production facility… it beggars belief you’d spend such a large amount and implement legacy tracking and management practices.

Many players in the industry are crying out for this.

Bizarre!!

Busy couple of days, just talked to my dealer and he said “the car is in production this week, as per the lotus program” and he said that “the time will be respected” meaning end of February to beginning of March delivery.
So my EU car seems to not be affected, but consider I didn’t put the deposit down, the dealer did for 4/5 cars of which 2 are Dec. build and the rest are 2023 so it might have been an early deposit or it’s because it’s for the EU/Italy.

7th July 21 deposit - Had a phone call today, my car which was a Dec build Jan delivery has a slight delay and is now end of Jan but may go into early Feb

7th July 21 deposit - Had a phone call today, my car which was a Dec build Jan delivery has a slight delay and is now end of Jan but may go into early Feb
Is that for production? Or delivery? I spoke to them yesterday or the day before (as 8th July deposit) and was told mine was still Jan production, Feb delivery.

I'm 100% out if North America gets delayed again. Not because I can't endure waiting another few months, but because that would mean Lotus knew there would be another delay and failed to inform paying customers who've already been waiting for a year and a half (or more)! Their lack of comms to customers and even their own dealers is atrocious.
Lotus is stuck in a scenario they created and are responsible for. Don't write checks you can't cash and then keep making up stories about how it can be cashed "soon".

Interesting. I just called LCC and have been told that my Jan build Feb delivery is “still very much on track” and my car isn’t affected by some of the ongoing delays for other builds. So don’t really know what the issue on that is. Could he paints or interior options? Or it could all be horseshit and the car won’t be ready. Who knows.
My money is on "horse shit"..:)

I was April 21 deposit and told last week that its moved from Dec production, Jan delivery to Jan production, Feb delivery. As long as its no later than March I dont mind now. All low volume producers are having supply issues, its just that comms from Lotus have been very poorly handled. I have been delayed 6 times now. If they had told me in June it was a 6 month delay then that would have been much better. The thread that was deleted from here suggested that there were a lot of problems with Geely sourced parts but cant believe that they would deliberately force substandard parts on Lotus when they appear to have managed the Volvo situation well. It is what it is. I think they can learn from Porsche who will take the order with a very rough estimate but the next communication is the 3 month pre build spec lock in and then they seem to be able to deliver on time even if the overall wait is comparable. That suggests that they either dont lock down an order unless they already have the parts or (more likely) that at 3 months the parts are already assigned and on the water ie visible. They just seem to have a better and more accurate view of their production requirements vs their actual stock availability.

I was April 21 deposit and told last week that its moved from Dec production, Jan delivery to Jan production, Feb delivery. As long as its no later than March I dont mind now. All low volume producers are having supply issues, its just that comms from Lotus have been very poorly handled. I have been delayed 6 times now. If they had told me in June it was a 6 month delay then that would have been much better. The thread that was deleted from here suggested that there were a lot of problems with Geely sourced parts but cant believe that they would deliberately force substandard parts on Lotus when they appear to have managed the Volvo situation well. It is what it is. I think they can learn from Porsche who will take the order with a very rough estimate but the next communication is the 3 month pre build spec lock in and then they seem to be able to deliver on time even if the overall wait is comparable. That suggests that they either dont lock down an order unless they already have the parts or (more likely) that at 3 months the parts are already assigned and on the water ie visible. They just seem to have a better and more accurate view of their production requirements vs their actual stock availability.
But Porsche still ship cars to the dealer with parts missing for the dealer to fit once sourced e.g. Bose.

All manufactures are experiencing similar delays but Lotus seems worse because of their poor communication to the customer.

Supplier issues? They are making 6 cars a day at most. Lotus had 2 years to find enough supplies to make at least 2200 FEs. I don't buy the supply chain issue when the best you can do is pump out a handful of cars a day.

Supplier issues? They are making 6 cars a day at most. Lotus had 2 years to find enough supplies to make at least 2200 FEs. I don't buy the supply chain issue when the best you can do is pump out a handful of cars a day.
more likely scenario is they keep finding issues from the already delivered cars and going back and tweaking the production line - I imagine this will go on for a little while longer. 2024 should be sorted.

Just received an update on what was meant to be December build/January delivery :-

——————
Unfortunately we have fallen behind ever so slightly with production and the latest information shows that your Production will begin in February with a March delivery.
This does mean the vehicle will be registered as a 2023 plate car.

We apologise for the further delay in your production timeline.
——————-
Anyone else been impacted at this late stage?
I am expecting the same !!!!

I’ve just had a call… they are still hoping to get my car into production in December - so either total rubbish or there’s no full shutdown over the holiday period - but may well slip and be early feb delivery.

I’ve just had a call… they are still hoping to get my car into production in December - so either total rubbish or there’s no full shutdown over the holiday period - but may well slip and be early feb delivery.
As they are shutting down from midday tomorrow (Fri 23 Dec) until new year, I guess there is still a small chance they might start building it in December.

So excited, saw an email pop up from lotus ..... wishing me a Merry Christmas :cautious:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back