• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Further delays?

So I heard some other UK people saying they got a letter stating theirs were going into production (starting the build) on Jan 23. Which puts US customers waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. I would bet a shiny quarter that ours will be pushed by 90 more days for build. So a March build and June delivery.

So I heard some other UK people saying they got a letter stating theirs were going into production (starting the build) on Jan 23. Which puts US customers waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. I would bet a shiny quarter that ours will be pushed by 90 more days for build. So a March build and June delivery.

I'm 100% out if North America gets delayed again. Not because I can't endure waiting another few months, but because that would mean Lotus knew there would be another delay and failed to inform paying customers who've already been waiting for a year and a half (or more)! Their lack of comms to customers and even their own dealers is atrocious.

I'm 100% out if North America gets delayed again. Not because I can't endure waiting another few months, but because that would mean Lotus knew there would be another delay and failed to inform paying customers who've already been waiting for a year and a half (or more)! Their lack of comms to customers and even their own dealers is atrocious.

How much have you put down with your dealer? Are you a 1st batch FE? And of course they will stick it to us, they KNOW they will delay us, but wont come out and say it. Its pathetic.

I have attempted to back out and was told my money would not be given back, so I am unfortunately going to go through with the purchase. But I did try to back out because of the shit show that is going on. It makes me think that the dealer does not have a backup list of FE deposits waiting........sus

I have a feeling based on nothing more than that, they will deliver the first batch of FE US cars, just so they can say they got them out on-time (so the Jan builds/Mar delivery), and it will be the other later batches that will suffer along with other cars scheduled for around that time. I.e. already delayed cars will be further delayed, but just so they can say the US started getting deliveries.

I have a feeling based on nothing more than that, they will deliver the first batch of FE US cars, just so they can say they got them out on-time (so the Jan builds/Mar delivery), and it will be the other later batches that will suffer along with other cars scheduled for around that time. I.e. already delayed cars will be further delayed, but just so they can say the US started getting deliveries.
Let's hope!

Porsche delays are far worse than Lotus and no improvement in the near future. I recently visited a Porsche dealership that I purchased serval cars form and their showroom had no new 911s or 718s. I inquired about ordering a 911 and the manager told me at least a year out if not longer. I’m sticking with my Emira FE order.
At least a year out is worse than Lotus how? How long would it take to receive an Emira if you ordered right now?

How much have you put down with your dealer? Are you a 1st batch FE? And of course they will stick it to us, they KNOW they will delay us, but wont come out and say it. Its pathetic.

I have attempted to back out and was told my money would not be given back, so I am unfortunately going to go through with the purchase. But I did try to back out because of the shit show that is going on. It makes me think that the dealer does not have a backup list of FE deposits waiting........sus
My dealer required only $2,500 and is fully refundable until the specs are confirmed and the order build placed with Hethel. Then it’s non-refundable.

Ordered June 22 and current build estimation is Q2 2024!

You're right I'm getting them mixed up, my 24th November email said Jan build but my 9th December p&e email doesn't mention it. I'll await delay number 5... or is it 6? I can't remember tbh.

It's past embarrassing for lotus now. If they delay me again and then put the APR up again, as much as I want the car, I'm not sure I want to continue being made a fool of.
This is just it, I know there are people on this forum upset about the moaning going on but enough is enough we really are being made fouls of. All the false promises even the 300 cars before the end of the year they couldn't get right. One thing is for sure as the title of this thread there is going to be "further delays" expect a messy Q1/Q2 next year before things settle. New depositors are now being quoted 2 years for their cars even thou the web site says 65 weeks that would suggest they know they are not going to hit their peak production figures anytime soon.

This is just it, I know there are people on this forum upset about the moaning going on but enough is enough we really are being made fouls of. All the false promises even the 300 cars before the end of the year they couldn't get right. One thing is for sure as the title of this thread there is going to be "further delays" expect a messy Q1/Q2 next year before things settle. New depositors are now being quoted 2 years for their cars even thou the web site says 65 weeks that would suggest they know they are not going to hit their peak production figures anytime soon.
To be honest I don’t mind the delays that much it’s just the way the process is being handled. I’m interested to see Harrys video today and more Emira content, but I think I’ve already decided to just kick the Emira back and buy something else to enjoy summer 23.

I have been bent over by Honda on the FL5 after waiting 12 months, heard GT4 you can’t get yellow stitch on the seats, no Ceramics or CF seats for GT4, 2 year wait for the Emira doesn’t seem all that bad!

Then I had the debacle on the complete balls up on deliveries with the Focus RS and Hgf.

Honestly I share your frustration, get over it, shit happens, yes they lie and promise you x, y and z,it really isn’t the end of the world and as above had so many issues personalily. I will never buy a Honda or Ford again, vote with your feet. Move on, no doubt my delivery day will be pushed back if it is so be it, when I do frustrated and start moaning please quote this as at this point I’ll get my money back.

When I said kick the Emira back I meant delay it to a date useful for me.

I’m sucks you have had a shit time with Honda and Ford though. What happened that was so bad you would never buy from them?

Last edited:
Just had a call from Lorenzo in CS, prepping me for further delay, January unlikely to be achieved, February likely, but as he cant say why etc then even that doesn't sound nailed on. Seems assurances from Lotus are completely worthless, like I didn't already know, oh well....

When I said kick the Emira back I meant delay it to a date useful for me.

I’m sucks you have had a shit time with Honda and Ford though. What happened that was so bad you would never buy from them?

Focus RS mine was put way behind others when I ordered early, then had HGF.

Honda, put deposit/expression of interest down a year in advance ahead of many in the U.K. for updated FK8, didnt get one then did the same with the FL5 no other deposits from other customers and promised would get first car into dealership. Dealer gone quiet, not answering calls, emails. I have had 5 new Hondas in the last twenty years not like ive not been a good customer.

At least with Lotus I have received 4 emails updating me since my deposit.

Just had a call from Lorenzo in CS, prepping me for further delay, January unlikely to be achieved, February likely, but as he cant say why etc then even that doesn't sound nailed on. Seems assurances from Lotus are completely worthless, like I didn't already know, oh well....
Interesting. I just called LCC and have been told that my Jan build Feb delivery is “still very much on track” and my car isn’t affected by some of the ongoing delays for other builds. So don’t really know what the issue on that is. Could be paints or interior options? Or it could all be horseshit and the car won’t be ready. Who knows.

Last edited:
I too have called LCS. I spoke to them two weeks ago and was told the car was 'in production' and I would get email check out ' soon'. Two weeks later and nothing . Today's call was juts a repeat of the last one , got a bit frustrated when told it was still Dec build and Jan delivery but check out call 'could' be in New Year , which if you then add on the possible 30 days, that takes it into Feb. Truth is it does not matter when it comes , I previously asked for delay to March 1st plate without success, my issue it the CS have not clue what stage the cars are at . If my car was in production two weeks ago it should have reached the end of the line by now !
we are not talking thousands of cars , surely it is computerized, tap in my order and it will show where the car is ( or is not ) . Feel sorry for CS , they cannot give any information other than you will get a call and they take the flack . My call today was following up an unanswered email from last week !