I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

Can they technically deliver 2024 MY cars in 2025? If not then that’s going to make things very interesting. (Oops just saw that someone else posted something similar)

I guess the batteries will drain flat while waiting in the shipping lot for months? Doesn't that permanently damage them? Does dealer fit a fresh battery when the car is received?

Yes you can deliver a 2024 after 2024 as its based on production not sales date. As far as batteries go I would like to assume they would disconnect them and then just reconnect and charge as needed but who knows and they probably wont say.

Update from Lotus (this morning) to XYZ dealership... Carb Approval will finalize Dec or beginning Jan... I4's will start arriving at dealer within days of the approval. The 10 cars in the US are in lockup... Used for a showing recently but put back in lockup pending Carb.
Well, that sucks. And yes…. Batteries will likely need replaced if they are just sitting for months. They will trickle to zero sitting. Also rotors can start to oxidize…. The dealership inspection and us being vigilant will be very important. Dealership too far from me to have issues that are preventable.

Well, that sucks. And yes…. Batteries will likely need replaced if they are just sitting for months. They will trickle to zero sitting. Also rotors can start to oxidize…. The dealership inspection and us being vigilant will be very important. Dealership too far from me to have issues that are preventable.
[Batteries will likely need replaced if they are just sitting for months.]

Yes one more wrinkle, hard to imagine they are charging 400+ cars sitting in a lot. DigDug, did you get a build date when you received your VIN? I didn't, but suspect the cars have already been sitting for months.

[Batteries will likely need replaced if they are just sitting for months.]

Yes one more wrinkle, hard to imagine they are charging 400+ cars sitting in a lot. DigDug, did you get a build date when you received your VIN? I didn't, but suspect the cars have already been sitting for months.
Yes, build date was end of August/beginning of Sept. Received my VIN July 16th 2024.
VIN is 4068. So yes, been sitting for awhile is my guess

My understanding is that cars are shipped in transport mode. Essentially preventing the battery from draining as the cars ECU's are not running when off. Car's in transport mode are typically only able to run to a certain speed with most electronics off until it get's PDI'd at dealers.

My understanding is that cars are shipped in transport mode. Essentially preventing the battery from draining as the cars ECU's are not running when off. Car's in transport mode are typically only able to run to a certain speed with most electronics off until it get's PDI'd at dealers.
Thanks.
I guess Antigravity will be my first after market mod anyway :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back