Poll for Those with Paint Blistering / Bubbling Defect

Does your Emira have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling issues, and if it does, when was it manufactured?

• My Emira does not have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues

Votes: 102 69.9%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (Prior to 01/23)

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (01/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (02/23)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (03/23)

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (04/23)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (05/23)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (06/23)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (07/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (08/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (09/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (10/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (After 10/23)

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
As someone interested in buying an Emira I called recently to my nearest dealer in the UK. The salesman raised the issue of paint blistering (I was unaware at the time) and explained that the cause was due to the use of panel wipe cleaner before paint was applied. Is this the generally accepted view?
Never heard this before and would be VERY surprised if it was the cause……..

As someone interested in buying an Emira I called recently to my nearest dealer in the UK. The salesman raised the issue of paint blistering (I was unaware at the time) and explained that the cause was due to the use of panel wipe cleaner before paint was applied. Is this the generally accepted view?
There doesn't appear to be a definitive answer so far, I was told by the dealership paintshop manager it was likely the applied treatment to the composite panels before primer was applied. Water ingress into the panel from the inside has also been highlighted, the same treatment could be at fault due to a change in colour of the treatment on the inside of newer doors.

If looking for used ensure all recalls have been carried out eg A pillar airbag fasteners, HVAC cover fitted, seatbelts replaced, wiper motors replaced, oil pipes checked for secure fit, brake pads renewed if rust rings show on the discs. Additional problems mine has had/having main screen not working (wires cut when the dash was installed), reversing camera replaced, taillight replaced, irratic startup and idling, difficulty getting into reverse. The paint problem affects early build models, up to mid 2023 I believe, but includes both doors, rear tailgate and both rear quarters, all the same composite material.

I suspect owners who have had all the problems fixed will be able to ask a slight premium as the car will not spend much time at the dealers. 🙄

There doesn't appear to be a definitive answer so far, I was told by the dealership paintshop manager it was likely the applied treatment to the composite panels before primer was applied. Water ingress into the panel from the inside has also been highlighted, the same treatment could be at fault due to a change in colour of the treatment on the inside of newer doors.

If looking for used ensure all recalls have been carried out eg A pillar airbag fasteners, HVAC cover fitted, seatbelts replaced, wiper motors replaced, oil pipes checked for secure fit, brake pads renewed if rust rings show on the discs. Additional problems mine has had/having main screen not working (wires cut when the dash was installed), reversing camera replaced, taillight replaced, irratic startup and idling, difficulty getting into reverse. The paint problem affects early build models, up to mid 2023 I believe, but includes both doors, rear tailgate and both rear quarters, all the same composite material.

I suspect owners who have had all the problems fixed will be able to ask a slight premium as the car will not spend much time at the dealers. 🙄

That’s very helpful - thanks

Probably used - a 2023/4, low mileage V6 manual. But I was very impressed with the torque and acceleration of the 2l version so I’m not finding the decision easy. And there’s always the thought of a used V10 Audi R8 in mind.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back