• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So is it a great car?

No it really doesn't have 380whp , not standard at least

Thankfully, we don’t measure power and torque by feel, and there are loads of dyno runs on stock cars from community members for that car and car media publications on a number of different types of dynos that simply say otherwise.
So you're saying theyre coming out of the factory with over 400bhp at the crank? When bmw/toyota state 340bhp. Utter bullshit. When I had my m4 comp a few tested with an extra 5-10bhp out the factory but that's about all you'll get.

I've had many many cars from porsche, ferrari, lotus, tvr etc etc and that car doesn't have anything close to that. Sorry, just doesn't

Last edited:
So you're saying theyre coming out of the factory with over 400bhp at the crank? When bmw state 340bhp. Utter bullshit. When I had my m4 comp a few tested with an extra 5-10bhp out the factory but that's about all you'll get.

I've had many many cars from porsche, ferrari, lotus, tvr etc etc and that car doesn't have anything close to that. Sorry, just doesn't

The 2020 model has around 340 at the wheel.
The 2021+ model has around 380 at the wheel.

You can have as many cars as you want, that doesn’t make you a human dyno. Just stop this ignorance, it makes you look silly.

You can have as many cars as you want, that doesn’t make you a human dyno. Just stop this ignorance, it makes you look silly.
Lol, enjoy your supra 👍🏼

Last edited:
Err someone looks silly but it ain't me, enjoy your supra 👍🏼
I don’t have a Supra, I have an M4 comp just like you have also had, and I have a FE V6 ordered likely just like you.

But unlike you I seem to have the capability of being able to search.

If you don’t trust a car magazine publication with a video of it being tested you can always search the other many videos and forum posts of dyno sheets. Unfortunately, I suspect this won’t convince you of anything.

I’m happy the car has appropriate power and gearing for the street. Too much is too much sometimes.

Honestly I think it comes down to the platform when putting down the power. Plenty of cars put down far more power and torque gracefully.

The disappointed point of many here is that the Evora has put down more power just fine on a similar platform with the exact same drivetrain. That’s never been too much has it?

I don’t have a Supra, I have an M4 comp just like you have also had, and I have a FE V6 ordered likely just like you.

But unlike you I seem to have the capability of being able to search.

If you don’t trust a car magazine publication with a video of it being tested you can always search the other many videos and forum posts of dyno sheets. Unfortunately, I suspect this won’t convince you of anything.
I don't have the m4 comp any more, that was 2016 about 6 cars ago lol.

If they're producing anything like the bhp you suggest tbh all that would do is make the car even more disappointing, have you actually driven one? I really wanted to like it as I loved the looks but the most disappointing car I've driven in ages and you'd have to wonder how they've managed to hide so much performance.

All a bit irrelevant as this isn't a supra forum and I ain't buying one.

So basically you are saying they are coming with the same whp as the manufacturer quoted flywheel bhp?

Honestly I think it comes down to the platform when putting down the power. Plenty of cars put down far more power and torque gracefully.

The disappointed point of many here is that the Evora has put down more power just fine on a similar platform with the exact same drivetrain. That’s never been too much has it?
I’m not gonna say it but you know the motto supporting momentum cars on the street. I don’t own a 718 because the gearing is whack. I don’t own a C8 cause it’s a foot too long. I wouldn’t buy an Emira I couldn’t thrash “semi safely” on the street on the daily. The AMG Emira is checking all my DD boxes as is.
Although I drove a 17 Evora, I’ve never owned one so I’m unburdened by the “but the old car is faster” dilemma. I respect the dilemma but it doesn’t apply.
(and my SWMBO won’t talk C8s anymore, only ok with the Emira, so I guess that’s that lol)

Hahaha I don't disagree! Sporty is an adequate classification. But hey, is an M2 or an M3 a sports car?
I would still say "No". Anything that seats 4 adults comfortably is not a "sports car", in my opinion. I would also not consider the Porsche Panamera a "sports car".

In my view, a sports car (or a supercar / hypercar) is a machine created to celebrate the pure enjoyment of driving, while minimizing weight, distractions, and anything else that might take away from the experience.

I would still say "No". Anything that seats 4 adults comfortably is not a "sports car", in my opinion. I would also not consider the Porsche Panamera a "sports car".

In my view, a sports car (or a supercar / hypercar) is a machine created to celebrate the pure enjoyment of driving, while minimizing weight, distractions, and anything else that might take away from the experience.
5DB2A5EB-84F5-4ECE-AFC6-3E455947DCAF.jpeg

So a Mini Cooper is a sports car! Light weight, can only fit two adults comfortably, capable in the corners. I knew I owned a proper sports car! Next on Car Magazine test ...

🙃

Attachments

• 948355A4-96F4-4AE3-B33D-9BB7C1F006CE.jpeg
    948355A4-96F4-4AE3-B33D-9BB7C1F006CE.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 25
So a Mini Cooper is a sports car! Light weight, can only fit two adults comfortably, capable in the corners. I knew I owned a proper sports car! Next on Car Magazine test ...

🙃
Haha, I specifically chose that wording so that people didn't wedge their "But the Evora is a 2+2 and it's a sports car!" counterpoint in there. I guess I just can't win. 😄

😂 This made me laugh, but I'm glad you posted it because it caused me to question another interesting "debatable category" — Would you consider the following to be "sports cars"?

View attachment 8192
View attachment 8193
View attachment 8194
I would say no. They are barely usable on the street. I'd classify them as track cars. But don't tel that to the gent that recently took a GP2 on some European highway!

What is that lemon green thing?

I would say no. They are barely usable on the street. I'd classify them as track cars. But don't tel that to the gent that recently took a GP2 on some European highway!

What is that lemon green thing?
Oh man, I didn't hear about this! I just looked it up; so cool seeing it behind the Aventador like that. :p

1661031639788.png

But to answer your question, the lime green vehicle is the Campagna T-Rex! They're a Canadian company, based out of Quebec. :) https://campagnamotors.com/en/

I first saw one as a kid while walking through Quebec City on a family vacation. There was a bright red one parked on some random side street, and when I saw it my jaw hit the pavement. To this day I still think they're so cool. 😁

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back