• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It's like one of those plastic cake tins from the supermarket that reseals itself progressively as you work your way around the outer rim. The harder you pull on one side, the more firmly it locks itself on the other.

View attachment 31290

You can see what you want, your mouth is watering for it... but you can never reach it.
Worse yet, it's empty!

Early Oct they will announce the delay officially. 90days to the right till the next delay.
I’m just hoping I don’t receive my car in October 2024 in time to put it away in winter storage, only for them to start shipping base editions that have available upgrades over FEs for delivery Spring 2025 😅.

Is there a Chance Lotus will pay us interest on our deposit at least 5% . If so then by the time the car arrives the interest will pay for the car.
I should call customer service and see if this is possible
Yeah… no problem..right after they give you a 30% discount for pain and suffering.

**Big news**

And it's something positive this time.. US production has officially started! Yes, really. 😃

Does that mean deliveries will actually happen this year? Who knows.. We're still waiting on certs/approvals, but this is a good sign for everyone who's been waiting. 🤞🏼

*Removed the screenshot to keep my source anonymous as this is one of the first US builds and could be traced. For those wanting proof, you'll just have to take my word for it. 😉

Last edited:
**Big news**

And it's something positive this time.. US production has officially started! Yes, really. 😃

Does that mean deliveries will actually happen this year? Who knows.. We're still waiting on certs/approvals, but this is a good sign for everyone who's been waiting. 🤞🏼

*Removed the screenshot to keep my source anonymous as this is one of the first US builds and could be traced. For those wanting proof, you'll just have to take my word for it. 😉
Bless you sir.

To be fair, I don't know if this is a big batch of US cars. It could just be a few.. or even one.. and then back to China i4 cars. You never know with Lotus. I'll keep the updates coming though.
Thank you for the update, hopefully they will start cranking out batches

**Big news**

I missed the elusive screenshot, but if your source sees US cars going down the production line, a couple of things to look for: 1.) bumperettes on the rear? 2.) lack of factory-installed front plate mounts.

Don't we have a few sleuths from the forum taking tours in the next few days/weeks? Hoping they can confirm further!

Feb 1, 2022 deposit in Dallas to get in line for a V6 FE manual, was #110 at that time, then went to #68 few months later. Was emailed yesterday evening from dealer to confirm my configuration asap so they can submit to factory for a Feb build with possible May delivery. Email received today saying "Thank you, we will get your order submitted as soon as they open it up this month"

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back