• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

This kinda answers a thought that I had about 1.0 and 2.0 FEs. Looks like color is irrelevant.

Do we have the VINs on the cars that have arrived at port?
I have a VIN and my Emira is still on the water, as far as I know (boat #3 arriving).

I have a VIN and my Emira is still on the water, as far as I know (boat #3 arriving).
Asking mainly for the actual vins that arrived. I couldn't wait so I paid for the BOL and mine 10878 was on Atantic Sea and is in Baltimore. Maybe this car actually exists!

FULL, OUT OF THE DOOR PRICE?

For US buyers, if the price of the car is $95,830, how much do you expect to pay out of the door. I assume some % of taxes by state. Anything else??? Any potential dealer or hidden fees? Would those be legal I a deposit was made a while ago. Thanks

For US buyers, if the price of the car is $95,830, how much do you expect to pay out of the door. I assume some % of taxes by state. Anything else??? Any potential dealer or hidden fees? Would those be legal I a deposit was made a while ago. Thanks
$2400 or so for shipping.

96,800.00 car price with selected upgrades
4114.00 Delaware auto tax 4.25%
2400.00 Delivery fee
250.00 tags and title fees
Total 103,564.00
For a 2.0 I'm assuming around $120K in the state of MO with our like near 10% sales tax rates.

2400.00 Delivery fee
Total 103,564.00
At 285 cars that's $26M in revenue minimum for Lotus Cars from dealer invoices, just in time for Lotus Tech to IPO and claim the sales and revenue from Lotus cars USA in its press releases.

2400.00 Delivery fee
Total 103,564.00
That's pretty good. I think our tax rate is closer to 7 3/4 % in CT ( It's graduated and depends on the value of the car and I haven't checked it recently)

I think many states will also have a "dealer conveyance fee" or some such BS fee of around $495-$895 that you can negotiate under normal circumstances. ( Sometimes the state law dictates that this charge has to be the same for all cars so dealers will take it off the MSRP rather than delete the conveyance fee.) In the case of the Emira I ended up swallowing it given the demand and hassle of finding an allocation.

Just to piss on all of us in CT we also have annual property tax on cars which can be another $1000-$3000 depending on assessment. ( I pay about $2300/yr on my Aston and a little over $1000 for my last Porsche). Not really a cost related to the purchase of the car but an irritating annual cost of ownership.

MSRP + Dealer fee + Electronic filing fee + tag fee + registration cost + state sales tax + transportation fee.
The MSRP on my car is $106,800. I expect to pay $118,148 in FL.

Just stopped in Manhattan Motorcars (not my dealership) and they told me they won’t be getting any stock because NY is a CARB state. Honestly think they simply have no idea.

Several Rimacs and Koenigseggs available so I guess the Emira is even more exclusive!

MSRP + Dealer fee + Electronic filing fee + tag fee + registration cost + state sales tax + transportation fee.
The MSRP on my car is $106,800. I expect to pay $118,148 in FL.
Is the transportation fee included in the price? I thought that I read that the fee was included in the price.

Just stopped in Manhattan Motorcars (not my dealership) and they told me they won’t be getting any stock because NY is a CARB state. Honestly think they simply have no idea.

Several Rimacs and Koenigseggs available so I guess the Emira is even more exclusive!
It's likely both are true. I really don't think CARB state dealers are getting any cars before CARB approval is received at this point.

I also don't know if the CARB state cars are built. No one has received a VIN that I know of. We just have to wait longer than the Non-CARB guys. As long as they stay away from our local Cars and Coffee events, there will be no hard feelings.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back