• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Also I’ve had people asking me what mods I had the dealer do so here it is. I’m going from black wheels and black calipers to bronze gold wheels and red calipers, windows tinting and badge swap (front and wheels). This is a 5mn photoshop to give you an idea of before and after ( at least what is should look like 😂). Hopefully it’s done soon so I can take delivery Asap 🙏

View attachment 38301View attachment 38302
It looks great
Curious if anyone has financed the vehicle outside of Lotus options given reports that they are potentially forcing people to use Santander. Wondering if this is true.
you can finance through whoever you choose

Also I’ve had people asking me what mods I had the dealer do so here it is. I’m going from black wheels and black calipers to bronze gold wheels and red calipers, windows tinting and badge swap (front and wheels). This is a 5mn photoshop to give you an idea of before and after ( at least what is should look like 😂). Hopefully it’s done soon so I can take delivery Asap 🙏
View attachment 38302
Red seat belts would be a nice touch on this one. Looks great!

After 500 pages, I feel like I’ve really gotten to know the different personalities on this forum.

Some of you I truly hope to meet at some event in the future.

Maybe our paths will cross when we all have to come in for warranty work. Or maybe we will see each other on opposite sides of the road broken down waiting on Lotus Care. Or maybe, just maybe… if we are truly lucky… we will see each other at CarMax getting appraisals. The possibilities are endless.

Congrats on 500 everyone!

500 pages?! BUY BUY BUY BUY LOTUS STONKS jk
1709761996258.png

Last edited:
To celebrate I’ve finally gone and ordered my plate that I’ve eyed for the past 2.5 years risking someone else might order it, no more beating around the bush! I guess I’ll have a spare since I’m also going to try my luck keeping her nose clean :).

IMG_0648.png

This isnt over. Most of us still do NOT have our cars and they are "somewhere" but nobody can tell us when they will be at the dealer.

Red seat belts would be a nice touch on this one. Looks great!
Thanks! I wonder how easy that would be to change and how safe it is to mess with seatbelts ?🤔 it would definitely look good with my black alcantara with red stitching interior 🤩

This isnt over. Most of us still do NOT have our cars and they are "somewhere" but nobody can tell us when they will be at the dealer.
I saw the official sheet from Lotus at my dealer showing that it’s ”locked” 3 weeks ago…it’s either on the line, sitting in a parking lot in the UK, or on a boat 🤷‍♂️. Good enough for me! 😂

Dealership told me they’d get VIN when it’s put on the boat so I assume not that, but clearly “soon”.

Anyone else have a car at a dealership, but they won't let you come and fork over money and grab it?
I realize I have to be patient here, but just wondering what takes so long?
They need to complete ownership transfer process with Lotus, get an MSO issued from Lotus for each car, receive the final Monroney window stickers from Lotus, complete a full PDI to check the vehicle from top to bottom, resolve any issues that may arise from the PDI, and load the vehicle into their dealer management software for insertion into a deal process or finance collateralization. Then, after all that, they can start the process of selling the car to you.

They need to complete ownership transfer process with Lotus, get an MSO issued for each car, receive the final Monroney window stickers from Lotus, complete a full PDI to check the vehicle from top to bottom, resolve any issues that may arise from the PDI, and load the vehicle into their dealer management software for insertion into a deal process or finance collateralization. Then, after all that, they can start the process of selling the car to you.
Ah ok thank you Porter.

This has to be the most twisted, messed-up, all-over-the-map-in-maturity-level, dysfunctional group of people on a car forum I have ever seen.

What a journey. I salute you.
Thanks 😊 I thought it was just my family…
PS something I can’t believe yet, picking up an Erima on Monday… Really can’t believe it!!!

Not true to my knowledge. The one report about that connected with Lotus of Dallas seems to have been overstated.
I think Santander is the preferred option for Factory Financing but that’s it. I’m hoping Lotus will offer the 50/50 option like they do in UK.

Got my car from dealer no issues. Only took 14 mins to sign paperwork. Big change from Toyota where it took 3+ hours.
No issues other than couldnt figure out some of the gauge controls etc. Dropped off at PPF guy on way home (on the way anyway) so not quite home yet. :cry:
Big butts pic. The Emira's is even bigger than our 911.
rears.jpg

500 PAGES EVERYONE

That's it everyone, lock the thread.

Someone print the whole thing out and make a book out of it like they're doing with our vehicle manuals.
Unexpected belly laugh. Oh my goodness.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back