USA/Canada Delivery Thread

You have to get the bill of lading tracking info from the carrier themselves. Some of them make it public, like ACL and WLWH, but Hoegh unfortunately only shows the first 99 lines and you have to pay to get more.

What state is your dealer in?
IN (via Gator)

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the shipments to date. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete.

Ugh... I have one of the early VIN's and I'm not on the list. Dealer claims I was on the first shipment. So maybe I'm one of the missing?

Ugh... I have one of the early VIN's and I'm not on the list. Dealer claims I was on the first shipment. So maybe I'm one of the missing?
There are 51 VINs from the first shipment not on the list

Yea, that's possible. But you are in a CARB state right? Those cars have not shipped except for the latest shipment on 3/6, which contains cars for the Maryland dealer.

Yea, that's possible. But you are in a CARB state right? Those cars have not shipped.
Yeah... Park Place Bellevue Lotus was pumping bad info claiming their cars were at Baltimore.

Yeah... Park Place Bellevue Lotus was pumping bad info claiming their cars were at Baltimore.
Yea, that's likely wishful thinking on their part.

That's absurd. I will meet my obligations and I expect my counterparties to do the same. I would have asked them to show the deposit agreement where they said I would be forced to buy something other than the car.
One problem is, you've got to get the car serviced as well. If you call the dealer on this totally unethical BS then what kind of service and warranty support will you get from them in the future?

One problem is, you've got to get the car serviced as well. If you call the dealer on this totally unethical BS then what kind of service and warranty support will you get from them in the future?
The service department is different from the sales guys for most dealerships in my experience. Also, I would trust that the dealer understands that it's nothing personal. As long as the dispute is privately resolved, I would expect things to remain cordial into the future.

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the shipments to date. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete.

Thank you for this! What is the breakdown please of sport or touring suspension?

As per usual I bet the only difference is the CA versions include a required French language version of the pamphlets in the glovebox 🤣 (which prevents a lot of US products being available in Canada when everybody here speaks English).

Although seriously I do wonder if there could be a slight tune difference as Canada got approved 2-3 weeks ago based on EPA, and seemingly didn’t need CARB…although couldn’t this create the same issue if a CAN car was sold to someone in a CARB state?
French English labels airbags and at mirror on visors.

Importing new cars from the USA that are sold in Canada isn't possible I believe and they have to he a few years old and retrofitted according to transport Canada.. eg daytime running lights and other things like speedo

Thank you for this! What is the breakdown please of sport or touring suspension?
I extracted the information from Nova's spreadsheet and took a look. 502 records, but one duplicate, so 501 unique VINs.

263 Chassis code 'A' (Sport)
238 Chassis code 'B' (Touring)

Which comes to 52.5% Sport, 47.5% Touring.

Yup, required at Dallas, or you can get PPF, which is more expensive. Said if don't choose one, then you can have your deposit back. So I went with the PPF. They want people to walk away from the car so they can upcharge 10k.
This dealership is legitimately trying to fuck every single person they can.

This dealership is legitimately trying to fuck every single person they can.
So the purchase contract, when you confirm your order, says you must select a ceramic or PPF option from Expel (the in-house provider) or you can not order a vehicle? Is Lotus OK with that? I’m a depositor at Dallas and if that’s the case I’ll purchase elsewhere. I don’t care if it’s another state, I’ll road trip it home day 1.

So the purchase contract, when you confirm your order, says you must select a ceramic or PPF option from Expel (the in-house provider) or you can not order a vehicle? Is Lotus OK with that? I’m a depositor at Dallas and if that’s the case I’ll purchase elsewhere. I don’t care if it’s another state, I’ll road trip it home day 1.
Lotus Cape Fear in Wilmington has a DV available for immediate delivery……I think it is a FE 1.0, so the old price should apply……

I extracted the information from Nova's spreadsheet and took a look. 502 records, but one duplicate, so 501 unique VINs.

263 Chassis code 'A' (Sport)
238 Chassis code 'B' (Touring)

Which comes to 52.5% Sport, 47.5% Touring.
I’m quite surprised at that especially in the manual, would have guessed more like 75% sport.

1000 miles. Vegas to Montana. Straight into track mode.

IMG-7032.jpg

IMG-7029.jpg

Lotus Cape Fear in Wilmington has a DV available for immediate delivery……I think it is a FE 1.0, so the old price should apply……
I want a paddle shifter but I’ll order from somewhere else if I have to. I’ll probably get ceramic coating and a basic PPF in the front but it will be because I chose it; I’ve come to far in life to be bullied by a vendor.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back