USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So the purchase contract, when you confirm your order, says you must select a ceramic or PPF option from Expel (the in-house provider) or you can not order a vehicle? Is Lotus OK with that? I’m a depositor at Dallas and if that’s the case I’ll purchase elsewhere. I don’t care if it’s another state, I’ll road trip it home day 1.
Sure sounds like that’s what they’re saying — either $1.8K option or $5K+ option. This is classic stealership behavior that everyone in the United States hates. The kinda garbage where they want $800 for nitrogen tire fills.

Sure sounds like that’s what they’re saying — either $1.8K option or $5K+ option. This is classic stealership behavior that everyone in the United States hates. The kinda garbage where they want $800 for nitrogen tire fills.
Local Porsche dealer wants you to put $20 of options on a 911T…..which makes sense, right……

I haven't seen one positive comment from anyone who's ordered through Dallas Lotus. If anyone....Anyone is happy with Lotus of Dallas please repsond and I'll delete this post

Dallas Lotus.png

I thought the consensus was they were dependable and standup guys before this required PPF stuff happened...

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the shipments to date. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete.

Thank you Nova,

Mine did not appear to have been shipped, but since I'm in a CARB state seem to make sense!

Thanks for posting the list. My FE2.0 was in the 12/29/23 shipment. I spoke to Gator (IN) earlier this week and they said they haven't received it yet, so I guess it's been sitting at the port for nearly 3 months now.

Does anyone else have a VIN in the 12/29/23 shipment that has taken delivery?

The funny thing is I'm about a 45-minute drive from the port -- maybe I should go over and say hello to my car!

I haven't seen one positive comment from anyone who's ordered through Dallas Lotus. If anyone....Anyone is happy with Lotus of Dallas please repsond and I'll delete this post

View attachment 38538

I mean, I don't want to stop the fun you guys are having, but my purchase experience with Lotus of Dallas was just fine. My car is exactly as ordered for the price agreed upon; the only thing I dislike is Lotus corp screwing me for 10k as a fe2.0 buyer, despite my pre order in July 2021.

I mean, I don't want to stop the fun you guys are having, but my purchase experience with Lotus of Dallas was just fine. My car is exactly as ordered for the price agreed upon; the only thing I dislike is Lotus corp screwing me for 10k as a fe2.0 buyer, despite my pre order in July 2021.
Were you required to add additional ceramic or PPF? Or they would have scuttled the deal and forced you to abandon your deposited order? That's what people are being threatened with.

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the shipments to date. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete.

Great effort here! Thank you for this!

The odd thing is, my VIN is one of the few missing in the short list of cars that were sent back to Liverpool. It must exist somewhere, but it would be nice to know where.

Were you required to add additional ceramic or PPF? Or they would have scuttled the deal and forced you to abandon your deposited order? That's what people are being threatened with.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever know. Since my car was at the dealer before CARB approval in Dec, they offered to do PPF and Ceramic coating while I was waiting, and I took them up on the offer. I agree that a forced add on in terms of ppf or ceramic would be a faux pas for sure.

I've paid 1500 for a third party to do ceramic coating alone on my old F-Type, and so 4300 for the #3 ppf package and ceramic coating seemed like quite the bargain, and I took them up on the deal - considering I wasn't able to drive the car to shop it around and I wanted to have the protection applied soon after taking delivery of the car. Could I have found cheaper elsewhere? Possibly - however I knew that I was going to get this applied anyways, so even if it was slightly more expensive, the convenience factor alone seemed attractive to me.

I even spent a few hours yesterday doing a wash on both of my toys, and the ceramic did exactly what I expected. Picture is pre wash; car was filthy driving it home in the rain Thursday.

Attachments

• PXL_20240309_184050219.jpg
    PXL_20240309_184050219.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 195
Anyone who’s taken delivery of the sport chassis truly regret it? I’ve seen 1 person say it’s harsher than they remembered. I have my order in for sport/f1 and it’s the only configuration I’m concerned about

Anyone who’s taken delivery of the sport chassis truly regret it? I’ve seen 1 person say it’s harsher than they remembered. I have my order in for sport/f1 and it’s the only configuration I’m concerned about
Just swap with someone down the line if you still think it’s too harsh after owning it. Or get those dampers revalved.

So wat is the total number of cars imported?

Did you get to test drive a sport? The test drive I did in 2022 was a sport chassis, it was only 20 mins and downtown on city roads full of pot holes and speed bumps. It wasn’t a good test for the car but what I found crazy was how it handled the bumps more smoothly than my E-Class Cabriolet. I probably don’t need sport but it didn’t feel harsh at all and was way smoother than any other sports car I’ve been in so I went with the same config as you. The biggest one for me was deciding on tyre as I plan to only use it on fun good weather weekend driving, but the fact I’m unlikely to really push the car, hears the Cup 2s will need replacement twice as fast, and risk of ever getting caught in a downpour I went with the GY.

*I’m a tyre novice, but I’ve heard the Cup 2 combo will also make it more harsh, test drive was GY.

I have sport and F1 and love it.
It’s is not as harsh as my Evora GT was
Driven it 200 miles so far and for me it’s fine. Wife did not complain at all
But everyone has different opinion as to what harsh may be. So no regrets

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back