USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Did you get to test drive a sport? The test drive I did in 2022 was a sport chassis, it was only 20 mins and downtown on city roads full of pot holes and speed bumps. It wasn’t a good test for the car but what I found crazy was how it handled the bumps more smoothly than my E-Class Cabriolet. I probably don’t need sport but it didn’t feel harsh at all and was way smoother than any other sports car I’ve been in so I went with the same config as you. The biggest one for me was deciding on tyre as I plan to only use it on fun good weather weekend driving, but the fact I’m unlikely to really push the car, hears the Cup 2s will need replacement twice as fast, and risk of ever getting caught in a downpour I went with the GY.

*I’m a tyre novice, but I’ve heard the Cup 2 combo will also make it more harsh, test drive was GY.
Cup 2 will definitely make the ride harsher.
Cup 2 in rain and cold weather is a little scary to say the least

I have sport and F1 and love it.
It’s is not as harsh as my Evora GT was
Driven it 200 miles so far and for me it’s fine. Wife did not complain at all
But everyone has different opinion as to what harsh may be. So no regrets
Awesome good to hear! I do have an SUV and EV sedan that are used more regularly so felt it would be okay to have this car be more aggressive. I do plan on taking it on some road trips to the mountains and just wanted to hear that it was okay on the longer drives. I've had a lowered bmw in the past so i'm somewhat accustomed to stiffer suspensions.

Did you get to test drive a sport? The test drive I did in 2022 was a sport chassis, it was only 20 mins and downtown on city roads full of pot holes and speed bumps. It wasn’t a good test for the car but what I found crazy was how it handled the bumps more smoothly than my E-Class Cabriolet. I probably don’t need sport but it didn’t feel harsh at all and was way smoother than any other sports car I’ve been in so I went with the same config as you. The biggest one for me was deciding on tyre as I plan to only use it on fun good weather weekend driving, but the fact I’m unlikely to really push the car, hears the Cup 2s will need replacement twice as fast, and risk of ever getting caught in a downpour I went with the GY.

*I’m a tyre novice, but I’ve heard the Cup 2 combo will also make it more harsh, test drive was GY.
I only did one test drive and it was on the sport chassis as well, very short drive. It didn't feel too rough at the time, but the test drive was over a year ago so since then, i've had plenty of time to spiral in my own thoughts. I've also never driven the touring. The reasons for not picking the touring was because the emira won't be a daily driver and i watched several youtube videos about the emira track performance which stated the touring was "way too soft." With this car being a dedicated weekend performance oriented car (likely minimal track time though), I felt like i wanted the whole experience. But then from what i've been reading, it seems like you can't really go wrong with touring if using mainly on the streets, but the sports chassis may make some people uncomfortable.... hence me questioning my decision

My VIN ending in 11314 was in the 12/29/23 shipment. It arrived at Lotus Charlotte on 1/10/24 and I took delivery on 3/7/24.
Exact same situation - 12/29 boat, Charlotte - except a work trip has delayed me picking it up.

Hey guys,
I’ve been watching this thread for quite some time. Deposit placed at gator on 8/18/21. Got a FE 2 allocation. Anxiously waiting to hear from Gator about when I can pick it up. When I called a few weeks ago I was told at least I’m not in the same boat as the people who have “been waiting a long time, like the FE 1 people.”

So the honest question to me, as a Dallas reservation holder - is the PPF and Ceramic a mandatory thing or not?

People can have a great experience with the dealer but also have been willing to pay for these items. I have a detail bay in my garage so I don’t feel any need to spend money on these things when I can do them myself.

If it is “mandatory” then I’d like to know who else is not happy about this behavior so we can write to Lotus corporate and get the details and voice our complaints, possibly open a complaint with the FTC. I want my car, I’ve waited a long while as well (not as long as some others), but this really rubs me the wrong way.

I only did one test drive and it was on the sport chassis as well, very short drive. It didn't feel too rough at the time, but the test drive was over a year ago so since then, i've had plenty of time to spiral in my own thoughts. I've also never driven the touring. The reasons for not picking the touring was because the emira won't be a daily driver and i watched several youtube videos about the emira track performance which stated the touring was "way too soft." With this car being a dedicated weekend performance oriented car (likely minimal track time though), I felt like i wanted the whole experience. But then from what i've been reading, it seems like you can't really go wrong with touring if using mainly on the streets, but the sports chassis may make some people uncomfortable.... hence me questioning my decision
I went with sport for similar reasons. The good thing with cup 2s is that they will wear out and you have to replace them anyways. If it felt too harsh you can improve the ride with softer tires. My plan is PS4S- a very comfortable tire for the performance. But you can’t really go the other way around. Is it’s too soft you have to change your suspension. Tire isn’t going to make a huge difference. After reading so many posts about how the sport is surprisingly compliant I’m more confident that I can fine tune with tire choice which is a consumable.

I extracted the information from Nova's spreadsheet and took a look. 502 records, but one duplicate, so 501 unique VINs.

263 Chassis code 'A' (Sport)
238 Chassis code 'B' (Touring)

Which comes to 52.5% Sport, 47.5% Touring.
Thanks for the analysis!
After my rather short test drive, I learned the car had sport suspension with the Goodyear tires. I found the ride to be acceptable at the time. My baseline is my base suspension Elise (which is not harsh) and Caterham Seven (that is pretty rough), so I've been leaning towards Sport, with Goodyear tires, on the Emira. Need to make another appointment with Auto Euroe to drive their current car, which I think but need to confirm, has the touring suspension.

Anyone who’s taken delivery of the sport chassis truly regret it? I’ve seen 1 person say it’s harsher than they remembered. I have my order in for sport/f1 and it’s the only configuration I’m concerned about
No regrets…but since I live just north of Chicago, I selected Goodyears and not the Cup 2 for better ride quality - I will swap to Cup 2 tires for track days starting in May.

So the honest question to me, as a Dallas reservation holder - is the PPF and Ceramic a mandatory thing or not?

People can have a great experience with the dealer but also have been willing to pay for these items. I have a detail bay in my garage so I don’t feel any need to spend money on these things when I can do them myself.

If it is “mandatory” then I’d like to know who else is not happy about this behavior so we can write to Lotus corporate and get the details and voice our complaints, possibly open a complaint with the FTC. I want my car, I’ve waited a long while as well (not as long as some others), but this really rubs me the wrong way.
Agree, the facts and a report to Lotus is a start. Also, people need to report on Google reviews. Believe me when I tell you, they will loose ranking when a bunch of negatives come in. They are not the only exotic car dealer in Dallas.

I picked touring suspension because it's not a huge dramatic difference between the Sport and Touring. The Sport is a little stiffer, the chassis tuning is a little more immediate. The Touring is a bit softer, and the tuning takes the edge off a bit. Lotus' recommendation is to select Touring for daily driven cars that is not tracked. Even if I take the car to drive on a track for fun, it wouldn't be aggressive, just spirited. The car is far beyond my capabilities as a driver, and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of communication and feedback with the Touring so that's what I went with.

Last edited:
I fear the days of really good rates are over. I can recall being offered 0% in the past.

Group, I'm sad to post I'm letting go of my Emira after these almost 3 years. Link below for info if you're interested in buying the car. It's sitting ready for someone to enjoy. I hope I can find someone that might give me to option to buy it when their time comes to move on from it.
Been a crazy ride. Thanks to everyone who's posted all the great info and updates when Lotus didn't. Plus all the laughs. I'm still excited watching all the happy new owners getting their cars and will keep watching.

Group, I'm sad to post I'm letting go of my Emira after these almost 3 years. Link below for info if you're interested in buying the car. It's sitting ready for someone to enjoy. I hope I can find someone that might give me to option to buy it when their time comes to move on from it.
Been a crazy ride. Thanks to everyone who's posted all the great info and updates when Lotus didn't. Plus all the laughs. I'm still excited watching all the happy new owners getting their cars and will keep watching.

Good Luck! I spread the word around a bit.

My allocation was with star motors of Houston picking up my car tomorrow 🎊.
FYI really pleased no extra fees
Sales price, transportation, tax & title
That’s it.
No dealer prep fee
No mandatory PPF or protection package “ mafia charges “
Car was stored indoors the whole time!

Really recommend them… They were very kind and understanding!

On a side note, someone had posted about the badges on the front and wheels having a silver/black color rather than the yellow. Is that an option during ordering? I much prefer the original yellow color.

On a side note, someone had posted about the badges on the front and wheels having a silver/black color rather than the yellow. Is that an option during ordering? I much prefer the original yellow color.
As far as I know they all have yelllow. What was changed was the green to black

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back