USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Sooooo.. it turns out my dealership gave me the wrong VIN and my car was indeed the solo car on the 6/8 shipment. It's been at the port until today when it landed at the dealership. I got the call today that my car was there.

They now say that it will take roughly a week to get through PDI and then I can come get it.

I have a running list of things to check, but wanted to ask.. Is it too much to ask that they put it up on a lift so I can check underneath to make sure that everything looks like it should?

What are you guys seeing as delivery fees and dealer fees at this point?

Anything else you guys think I should be aware of?

I love this forum and the sharing of info.

Thanks
Ryan G
ALMOST THERE!!!

Sooooo.. it turns out my dealership gave me the wrong VIN and my car was indeed the solo car on the 6/8 shipment. It's been at the port until today when it landed at the dealership. I got the call today that my car was there.

They now say that it will take roughly a week to get through PDI and then I can come get it.

I have a running list of things to check, but wanted to ask.. Is it too much to ask that they put it up on a lift so I can check underneath to make sure that everything looks like it should?

What are you guys seeing as delivery fees and dealer fees at this point?

Anything else you guys think I should be aware of?

I love this forum and the sharing of info.

Thanks
Ryan G
ALMOST THERE!!!
Congratulations! What did you expect to see under the car? It's all covered with panels. If you want to check for loose screws, you can kind of just eye them by kneeling down and peeking under the car.

Congratulations! What did you expect to see under the car? It's all covered with panels. If you want to check for loose screws, you can kind of just eye them by kneeling down and peeking under the car.
I guess I saw a few people on here that didn't even have any panels under there, and yea missing screws as well. I guess I could probably get down low and see around the bottom, just wondering if anyone did anything else to make sure their car was indeed intact and everything was how it was supposed to be.

It's my first exotic (I consider it an exotic) and def something I have saved for a LONG time, so I want everything to be as good as it can be.

Contacted Lotus using the generic email on their website. After some back and forth I was able to get my VIN. Looks like I was on the 4/6 boat to NY and still no delivery. Wish I wouldn't have asked and just let it stay a mystery lol. Build approved 9/28/23 for whoever is curious.

I guess I saw a few people on here that didn't even have any panels under there, and yea missing screws as well. I guess I could probably get down low and see around the bottom, just wondering if anyone did anything else to make sure their car was indeed intact and everything was how it was supposed to be.

It's my first exotic (I consider it an exotic) and def something I have saved for a LONG time, so I want everything to be as good as it can be.

Can't hurt to ask! You're buying a $100k car from them. I feel they should be willing to throw it up on a lift for you. It's a cool experience to get that POV and something most can't do at home.

I planned on viewing the car on a lift at delivery for the same piece of mind (also easiest way to see the inside surface of the brake rotors). My dealer could not accommodate that morning, and so I took the car rather than delaying delivery. But the dealer understood that I was going to look at everything underneath asap and he agreed to treat anything I found as "condition upon delivery". Fortunately I had no issues other than one scrape mark on one of the sacrificial 'pucks' just aft of the front bumper. But that's what they are there for.

If you want to see under the car, there's no reason they should not be able to accommodate, but be flexible to give them time to schedule that. If not, use a mirror to check inside surface of rotors for signs of pad damage. Good luck!

Contacted Lotus using the generic email on their website. After some back and forth I was able to get my VIN. Looks like I was on the 4/6 boat to NY and still no delivery. Wish I wouldn't have asked and just let it stay a mystery lol. Build approved 9/28/23 for whoever is curious.
which email? they never responded to me

which email? they never responded to me
I guess it's a little different than I stated. There is a form now. It put me in contact with Tammy who was mentioned earlier in the thread.

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/contact-us.

There used to be a generic email just listed and that one did not give a response when I reached out months ago. Tammy responded within one day. Just make sure to really specify that your configuration is confirmed with Lotus so you don't have to have a back and forth about how they have no clue about individual dealer waitlist lengths.

I planned on viewing the car on a lift at delivery for the same piece of mind (also easiest way to see the inside surface of the brake rotors). My dealer could not accommodate that morning, and so I took the car rather than delaying delivery. But the dealer understood that I was going to look at everything underneath asap and he agreed to treat anything I found as "condition upon delivery". Fortunately I had no issues other than one scrape mark on one of the sacrificial 'pucks' just aft of the front bumper. But that's what they are there for.

If you want to see under the car, there's no reason they should not be able to accommodate, but be flexible to give them time to schedule that. If not, use a mirror to check inside surface of rotors for signs of pad damage. Good luck!
Can you explain a little more about checking inside surface of rotors for signs of pad damage... I am pulling things to look for from various places and I this one is a new one for me.

Thanks
Ryan G

Thanks! Looks like it left Halifax yesterday (maybe it dropped the Canadian car(s)?) and is en route to NYC.
I wish all the cars are off loaded in Baltimore.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the info, Tammy’s great super quick response .