• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

W
Nothing yet, it's only been 2 days. It was a generic info email link so I'm hoping it will get through to a human eventually. No clue if they even can provide the info to me, but I figured a VIN and a landing date would be enough. If the dealer and Lotus corporate seemingly can't tell where it is in the process then I don't know who else to contact than the importer.
Which dealer did you purchase from? Ridiculous that no one can tell you what's going on.

I received an interesting email from the dealership: VIN's were issued to all 4 speed Lotus Emira's when in the midst of production. No VIN's have been received for the 3 automatics they were told are in the midst of production and that they expect to receive in September. Can someone verify if I m being told the truth?

I received an interesting email from the dealership: VIN's were issued to all 4 speed Lotus Emira's when in the midst of production. No VIN's have been received for the 3 automatics they were told are in the midst of production and that they expect to receive in September. Can someone verify if I m being told the truth?

What is a 4 speed Lotus Emira?

Why would they lie about having a VIN? As far as we have seen there aren’t any V6 autos on the shipping manifest yet. I’m kind of excited to see when they do start shipping out.

VINs are probably already assigned to all Autos but there's no formal procedure to get those to the varies dealer.So it's all a bit random when the dealers will get those information except the formal notification once they're entered on a shipping manifest.

VINs are probably already assigned to all Autos but there's no formal procedure to get those to the varies dealer.So it's all a bit random when the dealers will get those information except the formal notification once they're entered on a shipping manifest.
The eternal wait….

It appears that 11 1st Edition Manual’s arrived into Baltimore yesterday
Any word yet on the most recent ship from Liverpool-Baltimore? The Atlantic Sea left the RORO port yesterday morning and is now at the container port, so hopefully they've updated some VINs.

1724077255811.png

12/1/21: Dealer experience and confirmed interest
12/29/21: Deposit paid
2/13/24: Order finalized (FE2)
7/12/24: VIN provided by the dealer and told it would be an August arrival
7/31/24: Dealer said the car has been produced, but no port arrival date yet
8/13/24: Dealer confirmed the car is "on the water" and expected in port by 8/20, ready late August/early Sept.

So, on the plus side, it's not been a full three years yet.
Gives me hope mine is getting close as I have almost same dates as yours 🤞

After waiting almost 1000 days since deposit, pick up day finally arrived!! A Silver Emira tailgated me home for over 100 miles!

View attachment 50059
Congrats! Looks like you went through Gator. Do you happen to know which boat yours arrived on? Mine arrived on 7/8 and still has not made it to Gator.

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the US and Canadian Emira shipments. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete. This list will be updated as new shipments arrive.

What a great resource! Thanks for putting this together. My first post here, as I just picked up a 1FE orphan with an October 23 build date, which was only listed at the dealership for 2 weeks. I was wondering where it was sitting the whole time, and this confirmed it really only just arrived in July. Bit strange it was a 5XX sequence, when all the other cars in the shipment were 3XXX. Wonder what held it back, but I guess it worked out in my favor. I had an order for a 2FE in with a 99% identical build that I had cancelled, so when I saw this up for sale, I jumped on it.

84 Emiras arrived at Baltimore yesterday, mostly manuals with a few of the first 1st Edition V6 Autos as well. Manifest attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg