USA/Canada Delivery Thread

And still no KM’s /I4’s. With my VIN in the 4000-4100 group…. Looks like they are holding off all I4’s till all the FE V6’s are shipped. Mine was supposedly built end of July/early august. Dealer said should be here early October. Like a kid in the back seat I wait…”how much longer?” 😂 and don’t get me started about the strike…. 😩
Yep, went right around me too - jumped from 4363 to 4367 on the 9/15 boat.. lets hope its a short strike (still have 3days of hope of resolution..)

Do you know if the west coast deliveries go through California, or are they delivered to the east coast and trucked across?
From what we've seen so far, the deliveries for all North American cars come to the East coast and then get trucked to the west coast and also to Canada.

Also posted this on facebook and the V6 Auto Thread, but wanted to share here as well. Recieved my V6 Auto from Naples over the weekend. They said it was the 2nd Automatic they have delivered to a customer.
IMG_6678.jpg

Also posted this on facebook and the V6 Auto Thread, but wanted to share here as well. Recieved my V6 Auto from Naples over the weekend. They said it was the 2nd Automatic they have delivered to a customer.
View attachment 52523
Those options were my 2nd pick (but a manual for me). Nice color choices.

When you've driven it a while let us know what you think of the V6 auto.
Not much to compare it too other than my 4Runner and a 99’ Miata
😂
I drove across Florida about 120 miles to get home in touring mode and had no issues at all. Definitely goes when you want it to go. I pushed it a bit and didn’t even touch 4000rpm. So I can’t wait to push it even more after break in.

I then drove it to the PPF installation shop in sport mode. A lot of stoplights. Sport mode is where it’s at for sure and where you want to drive it. Completely different car. Car always revs higher and feels like it’s one gear lower than it’s supposed to be in, ready to GO. And when slowing down for stoplights, there are noticeable ‘burbles’ on every downshift.

For me, pushing it a bit in sport mode was a lot of fun. I didn't touch the 4000 rpm mark though. But after the break in period, I feel like it will again feel like a different car.

Very nice so far. But out of my hands for the week for the PPF!

Not much to compare it too other than my 4Runner and a 99’ Miata
😂
I drove across Florida about 120 miles to get home in touring mode and had no issues at all. Definitely goes when you want it to go. I pushed it a bit and didn’t even touch 4000rpm. So I can’t wait to push it even more after break in.

I then drove it to the PPF installation shop in sport mode. A lot of stoplights. Sport mode is where it’s at for sure and where you want to drive it. Completely different car. Car always revs higher and feels like it’s one gear lower than it’s supposed to be in, ready to GO. And when slowing down for stoplights, there are noticeable ‘burbles’ on every downshift.

For me, pushing it a bit in sport mode was a lot of fun. I didn't touch the 4000 rpm mark though. But after the break in period, I feel like it will again feel like a different car.

Very nice so far. But out of my hands for the week for the PPF!
Oooooh you put in sport mode and voided your warranty…..I’m tellin’

That’s a Lotus question but if I recall from the Emira shipping process the dealers weren’t too happy about storing cars while waiting on CARB approval. I see the same problem here.
Interesting when you Google search for CARB approval of the AMG i4 it comes up saying January 2025 for CARB!! The referenced link sends you here: https://www.lotusnewlondon.com/Emira-Delivery#:~:text=Here's%20what%20you%20can%20expect,you%20as%20soon%20as%20possible.

Which contains this fun note looking quite official. Honestly not the end of the world in terms of timing for my purchase, but not too happy if my car is sitting under plastic all winter waiting to be sent to the port (as has been shared in previous photos on this forum).

1727824337076.png

Interesting when you Google search for CARB approval of the AMG i4 it comes up saying January 2025 for CARB!! The referenced link sends you here: https://www.lotusnewlondon.com/Emira-Delivery#:~:text=Here's%20what%20you%20can%20expect,you%20as%20soon%20as%20possible.

Which contains this fun note looking quite official. Honestly not the end of the world in terms of timing for my purchase, but not too happy if my car is sitting under plastic all winter waiting to be sent to the port (as has been shared in previous photos on this forum).

View attachment 52673
Thankfully that’s an older note. They passed EPA so CARB can’t be too far behind. I don’t imagine they could sell MY 2024 cars starting in 2025. Doesn’t make sense but then again……..

[Interesting when you Google search for CARB approval of the AMG i4 it comes up saying January 2025 for CARB!! ]

Good find.
Amazing that one dealer published this statement on their sales page. Lotus should be communicating this infomation to US depositors or at a minimum asking dealers to reach-out to clients.

Lot's of room for improvement. Aside Lotus did send us an email months ago indicating AMG cars would be Q1 2025, so maybe they think that update was sufficient ?

View attachment 52673
I mentioned in the last week or so, my dealer told me all the approvals have been completed for the I4 and expect the first ones to arrive beginning of October. However, the strike may change this timeline.

Anyone know how soon after EPA they got CARB on the V6?
Months later, there is no connection between the EPA and CARB review boards, each in the independent bureaucracies with their own workload and schedule.
So today I walked in to Galpin Lotus in their new Beverly Hills location! Sounds like a grand opening party announcement coming shortly but yes the doors are open to go in and see their current stock of 8-9 Emira V6's in a number of color configurations! They also had a matte clear PPF on a Seneca model that has me strongly considering the option.

Here are 3 interesting topics I discussed with the sales team there. Please note that I assume all of these topics relate primarily to NA cars, but with Lotus who really knows?!?! :

1. The Emiras they have in-stock for sale were actually overstock that they ordered using members of their sales team for the build slots. Turns out that this was a genius move given they have had 90%+ retention on depositors taking their cars when they hit the dealership (counter to my guess that the showroom stock may have been orphans). This should ease the minds of those worried that orphans are piling up and the car is going to depreciate like crazy. Yes theyre not capturing over MSRP on auction sites but honestly if you bought an Emira to flip it then that's the gamble you decided to take

2. The Emira will NOT have a 2025 model year.... not sure how this works out but essentially the story goes that since Lotus is focused on getting out ALL FE orders (2024MY) prior to building base models that means the Emira will skip a model year with ALL FE's being 2024, even during 2025 production and delivery of i4's, and then they will go to 2026MY for base V6 models

3. The Emira i4 may turn out to be a ONE YEAR RUN meaning that the i4 FE 2024MY may be the only version we ever see. That's right, this one didn't make much sense to me, but I have no clue what could spark this kind of decision... maybe cost of the AMG engines/transmissions vs the Camry? maybe the fact that those costs turned the i4 FE's into a major loser for them financially since they couldn't justify further price increases? Either way this is huge if true for those of us that are waiting on what could now be a much more limited production car than expected. This also would make sense as to why Lotus opened the NA i4's to 400bhp as there would not be the mythical "Emira S" coming down the line opening the AMG engine up to its full potential.
while this may have some truth, the statement that they will build MY2024 cars in 2025 is impossible. This is not permitted by any major government. You build in 2025 you must build to 2925 regulations, and usually car companies make the switch over in the later summer or fall prior.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back