What did you do to your Emira today?

Got my windows cleaned and coated. Couldnā€™t see shit in the rain.

IMG_0637.jpeg

Thought itd never happen to me...was checking the oil and tried to securely grab the sub panel and release it. Fingers slipped and it came undone and went immediately to the bottom of the engine. After a few hurtful thoughts towards Lotus engineers, I stuck my whole arm inside the hole and could feel it but not grab it. Then decided to remove the main panel for more reach and was able to get it barely. It fell all the way down to the belly pan. Luckily I'm tall and have long arms or wouldnt have been as easy or required removing the undertray.
Next time I'll use two hands on that panel to prevent that.
I also went through the same stupid thing. Ended up using a BBQ tong to grab the panel that was barely visible. FYI, removing the undertray will not give you access to that area.

Maybe hinge it with something adhesive?

A suggestion for YouTube content is trying a insta360 x4 car rig and getting reactions. I was thinking about doing it b/c people were hanging out the window waving at my car. I'm just not consistent enough to create a car YouTube. But I might do it later for Emira rally content for fun.

View attachment 47639
Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at the Insta cameras several times and its overwhelming the options. Your suggestion just might be what gets me to pull the trigger. One thing that worries me is the storage. I captured 156Gb of footage on a recent trip to the mountains using more traditional cameras...this has to require a TON of storage.

I'd like it more for chase cam footage than reaction shots
yea I want to get good footage of the group of Emira's in my area riding out together. Right now there's about 6-8 of us linking soon.
We have a similar size local group planning a couple drives (our first as a group), so yeah this would be a cool way to capture a group.

@ef_arime what tries were you using? Glad it was just some light fender scrapes.

Looks like Eagle F1s.

The OEM ones that come with the Touring setup, Goodyear Eagle SuperSport F1s.
Dang! I thought maybe cup 2s since those are deadly in the rain. I thought the Goodyears would be much better. Any idea of why you spun out?

Dang! I thought maybe cup 2s since those are deadly in the rain. I thought the Goodyears would be much better. Any idea of why you spun out?
I have no complaints about the Goodyears. I havenā€™t tried the cup 2s yet but I might next year. The prior 4 laps were good. I was trying a slightly wider line on turn 3 to try and get on the gas a bit earlier. I think what happened is I hit a slicker part of the track, and itā€™s not like all that water helped.

The good news is that despite the minor incident, I was back out on the track shortly thereafter and for the remainder of the day. Drove back home just fine too. Love this frigginā€™ car!!

They are better in the rain, but they're not wet race tires.

the tyre option when ordered the emira is not attached to the sports setup

i ordered sports chassis with the goodyear tyres

I have no complaints about the Goodyears. I havenā€™t tried the cup 2s yet but I might next year. The prior 4 laps were good. I was trying a slightly wider line on turn 3 to try and get on the gas a bit earlier. I think what happened is I hit a slicker part of the track, and itā€™s not like all that water helped.

The good news is that despite the minor incident, I was back out on the track shortly thereafter and for the remainder of the day. Drove back home just fine too. Love this frigginā€™ car!!
Ah got it I was hoping it wasnā€™t a scenario of I was driving straight and the tires gave out LOL