• The August 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 August 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Were you in sport or track mode? Looks like traction control did not save the spin or cut in much.
I have no complaints about the Goodyears. I haven’t tried the cup 2s yet but I might next year. The prior 4 laps were good. I was trying a slightly wider line on turn 3 to try and get on the gas a bit earlier. I think what happened is I hit a slicker part of the track, and it’s not like all that water helped.

The good news is that despite the minor incident, I was back out on the track shortly thereafter and for the remainder of the day. Drove back home just fine too. Love this friggin’ car!!

You probably have a 50/50 shot of those spacers without the lip causing a vibration.
On the advice of several forum members that tried that style and had problems I went with the 12mm with lip from PCD Parts.

Hi, thanks for the link. I was about to install GRPs spacer but reading many members complaints got me to think again. Since you've installed 12mm spacer, what size bolt did you buy??

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Were you in sport or track mode? Looks like traction control did not save the spin or cut in much.
It was Day 2 of an HPDE. I was there to learn the limits of the car, so I had track mode on. Later on, I left it on either Tour or Sport. Weather got way worse later on, and Tour mode was helpful in letting me know whenever I’d come close. In all honesty, it was a bit of a surprise to me to learn just how much I had been breaking traction here and there without really noticing the smallest of wheel slip in the rain.

After another session, I flipped it back over to Sport, and I can definitely attest to it likely saving another spin out on Turn 4 (hairpin). Sport is mostly hands off but will try and save your neck. Once the weather changed for the better and the track was damp, I kept it in Sport mode and came within 1 second of my PR, which was set the prior day on a dry track.

Hi, thanks for the link. I was about to install GRPs spacer but reading many members complaints got me to think again. Since you've installed 12mm spacer, what size bolt did you buy??
M12x1.5x40mm
I bought these titanium ones.
Titanium is not necessary but I figured if I'm going to add the weight of spacers I should reduce the weight of the lug bolts.

Last edited:
FOS…then washed it

Attachments

• IMG_8243.jpeg
    IMG_8243.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 61
It was Day 2 of an HPDE. I was there to learn the limits of the car, so I had track mode on. Later on, I left it on either Tour or Sport. Weather got way worse later on, and Tour mode was helpful in letting me know whenever I’d come close. In all honesty, it was a bit of a surprise to me to learn just how much I had been breaking traction here and there without really noticing the smallest of wheel slip in the rain.

After another session, I flipped it back over to Sport, and I can definitely attest to it likely saving another spin out on Turn 4 (hairpin). Sport is mostly hands off but will try and save your neck. Once the weather changed for the better and the track was damp, I kept it in Sport mode and came within 1 second of my PR, which was set the prior day on a dry track.

But you did not have traction controll all the way off right? Shouldn’t it have kicked in after all?

Btw: love how you deal with it! Right back on track and no drama. 👍🏼

But you did not have traction controll all the way off right? Shouldn’t it have kicked in after all?

Btw: love how you deal with it! Right back on track and no drama. 👍🏼
If you’re referring to turning some form of traction control in addition to Track mode, then no. Just plain-ol’ Track mode for me.

Haha. Thanks. It’s the nicest car I’ve ever had, but at the end of the day, it’s just that, a car. Nobody was injured, I was fine, and relatively speaking that’s next to no damage. I had a great time, laughed it off, and learned from my mistakes! Cheers!

Maybe I need to clarify: what I am talking about is electronic stability controll (ESC) My understanding is that track mode still have stability control on just lets the car move more. In addition to this you can turn of stability control all the way off in track mode right?

So I understand you left ESC on in trackmode, thats why I am wondering why it lets you loose that backend so quickly

Maybe I need to clarify: what I am talking about is electronic stability controll (ESC) My understanding is that track mode still have stability control on just lets the car move more. In addition to this you can turn of stability control all the way off in track mode right?

So I understand you left ESC on in trackmode, thats why I am wondering why it lets you loose that backend so quickly
IIRC, ESC is off by default in track mode

You sure? I am pretty sure that ESC is not completely off in track mode. Maybe someone else can clarify

According to Lotus manual, it is not complety off, just reduced:

Track Mode (If Equipped)​

(For dry condition track use only)
– Engine idle speed from start-up
characteristics carried over from
'Sport' mode.
– Optimised traction and corner exit
characteristics with reduced ESC
intervention.

Correct. Track mode still has ESC mode on but it’s minimal. When in track mode, There is a button on the screen to completely turn off ESC

According to Lotus manual, it is not complety off, just reduced:

Track Mode (If Equipped)​

(For dry condition track use only)
– Engine idle speed from start-up
characteristics carried over from
'Sport' mode.
– Optimised traction and corner exit
characteristics with reduced ESC
intervention.
If equipped is interesting. Perhaps there is truth to the idea of a base without track mode.

Track Mode is included in the "Drivers Pack" option. This option is included in the "First Edition" package, but would be an option for the base cars. Not everyone needs Track Mode, I guess.

You probably have a 50/50 shot of those spacers without the lip causing a vibration.
On the advice of several forum members that tried that style and had problems I went with the 12mm with lip from PCD Parts.

Have you actually received these spacers and tried them? I'm not sure how you'd be able to use these on the Emira. The hub lip is 12.5mm long, you'd need like 3mm on top of that making the minimum spacer width to keep the hubcentrip lip around 15.5-16mm,

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Got my windows cleaned and coated. Couldn’t see shit in the rain.

View attachment 47647
Had dealer install under-hood (bonnet if you will) rubber sheath to20240718_091948.jpg protect AC/electronics from vent borne water damage. Shoe visible for scale (yes. Track mode).
Warranty item.
Also two software updates, one to cure the occasional KEF speaker popping sound.

Had dealer install under-hood (bonnet if you will) rubber sheath toView attachment 47802 protect AC/electronics from vent borne water damage. Shoe visible for scale (yes. Track mode).
Warranty item.
Also two software updates, one to cure the occasional KEF speaker popping sound.
What was the other software update for?