• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Who has Milltek's Active Controller Installed?

Exactly this, but the difference between closed and OEM was relatively subtle when idling (I imagine this wasn’t helped by the 3rd cat delete being installed as well). Obviously buttons 2 & 3 being the opposite of what Milltek said wasn’t very helpful either and had me questioning myself!
Awesome, thank you. Just wanted to be confident in my science 😂

Awesome, thank you. Just wanted to be confident in my science 😂
Worth pointing out that the valve is not fully closed in tour mode on OEM i.e. there should be a slight change in tone just through toggling OEM and closed on the remote without moving to sport, but it will be subtle if my experience is anything to go by.

Worth pointing out that the valve is not fully closed in tour mode on OEM i.e. there should be a slight change in tone just through toggling OEM and closed on the remote without moving to sport, but it will be subtle if my experience is anything to go by.
You got it. Thank you!

Going to be installing mine in the next couple weeks. How did you find out exactly which button was for OEM and which was for CLOSED?

The best setting to test the buttons would be Touring Mode right? Since, the valve is at it most 'closed' setting. Pressing one of the buttons would open the valve and you would hear a noticeable difference. That would leave the last two buttons which would, in the touring mode, literally do nothing. Both CLOSED and OEM would have the same outcome? At that point, you could switch to sport mode and if there is an audible difference then the previous button pressed would be OEM because of the valve opening up for sport mode.

Is that how you found out? 😂 Thats my plan in trying to find out.
Thanks for posting this. I installed the Milltek controller a few weeks ago and programmed it according to Milltek (which as stated above is wrong). After reading this I did some testing and 1 is open, 2 is OEM, and 3 is closed (at least on my unit).

I started the car, and in tour mode button #1 is super easy to tell when it kicks in that it is open.

I then pressed #2 in tour mode and the exhaust was quieter. I then switched to sport mode and there was a noticeable increase in the exhaust noise and when I switched back to tour it was again quiet.

In tour mode, I then pressed button #3, obviously no change in tour mode. Switching to sport mode gave me no change in exhaust level either meaning that the valves remained closed, unlike when using button #2.

I guess the good news is that I programmed it to start up and remain in open mode. But, I did initially wrongly link my mirror to button #3 thinking it was OEM in case I wanted to quiet the exhaust for some reason.

I think Milltek needs to update their instructions to account for the potential that they are sending out faulty instructions or at a minimum they have had a bad batch of units shipped out. The instructions on the @GRP site also reflect what Milltek has as far as button assignments.

Thanks for posting this. I installed the Milltek controller a few weeks ago and programmed it according to Milltek (which as stated above is wrong). After reading this I did some testing and 1 is open, 2 is OEM, and 3 is closed (at least on my unit).

I started the car, and in tour mode button #1 is super easy to tell when it kicks in that it is open.

I then pressed #2 in tour mode and the exhaust was quieter. I then switched to sport mode and there was a noticeable increase in the exhaust noise and when I switched back to tour it was again quiet.

In tour mode, I then pressed button #3, obviously no change in tour mode. Switching to sport mode gave me no change in exhaust level either meaning that the valves remained closed, unlike when using button #2.

I guess the good news is that I programmed it to start up and remain in open mode. But, I did initially wrongly link my mirror to button #3 thinking it was OEM in case I wanted to quiet the exhaust for some reason.

I think Milltek needs to update their instructions to account for the potential that they are sending out faulty instructions or at a minimum they have had a bad batch of units shipped out. The instructions on the @GRP site also reflect what Milltek has as far as button assignments.
I reckon the way yours is (and indeed mine) is the better way for it to be.

The 3rd button is smaller and can be covered by the slider and I’d suggest this is safer as it would be more difficult to accidentally knock the button and damage the car through the buildup of pressure in the exhaust.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back