• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Wiper speed issue

What are peoples experience with WPF? Does it become blurry at certain angles?

Mines got ceramic coating on the windscreen (it was obvious it was on there after the first couple of uses with the wipers sticking / smearing slightly )
Anyway can confirm works to clear windscreen at speeds around 70ish mph when I had the wiper issue and a down pour recently on my trip up north
Goodyears and sports suspension also behaved fine with the greasy road surface

Thierry is such a nice guy. i also ordered my Emira at Lotus Oostende. It should be delivered in a couple of days now. maybe I'll see you at one of the Lotus Belgium Drives (y):)
You are absolutely right. Probably the best Lotus dealer in the World. The Emira is the 4th Lotus I buy from him. Sterling service, profound knowledge of everything Lotus plus simply a nice, smart and unassuming person. Hope to meet you one day indeed!

Well I measured the blades, 23" and 25", 2 of the hardest sizes to find. The Evora is 2 x 26".

I'm going for 23" + 24" Silicone wipers to save 1" worth of weight

Last edited:
Well I measured the blades, 23" and 25", 2 of the hardest sizes to find. The Evora is 2 x 26".

I'm going for 23" + 24" Silicone wipers to save 1" worth of weight
Let me know how it goes, mine aren’t as smooth as I liked them to be

I’m interested in the outcome of the wiper change. I have had new wipers changed from Lotus few months back because they were dragging and juddering. Although a bit better, it still occasionally drags and is not smooth/silent as new cars usually are. Windows are normal, no PPF, no treatment on them.

I honestly think the motor is the problem. It’s as if the motor is on weed or something. It’s so chilled, one speed wiper, not enough power/speed hence the drag. There is nothing wrong with the wiper blades. I honestly think it’s the motor. Anyway, it’s due to be changed soon.

I’m interested in the outcome of the wiper change. I have had new wipers changed from Lotus few months back because they were dragging and juddering. Although a bit better, it still occasionally drags and is not smooth/silent as new cars usually are. Windows are normal, no PPF, no treatment on them.

I honestly think the motor is the problem. It’s as if the motor is on weed or something. It’s so chilled, one speed wiper, not enough power/speed hence the drag. There is nothing wrong with the wiper blades. I honestly think it’s the motor. Anyway, it’s due to be changed soon.
It is the motor, I recently had this confirmed by Lotus Sussex, my nearest dealership. I am expecting to hear about a recall anytime now to replace the faulty motor.

I had the motor changed recently along with the big software update and it now works well.

Last edited:
What does the “big software update “ fix?
Also, is there any way of telling what version you have from the screen or OBD?

if that's the case I just needlessly dropped £75 on a set of wiper blades!

What does the “big software update “ fix?
Also, is there any way of telling what version you have from the screen or OBD?
Only visible on the Lotus Insight tool. As long as no one manages to get a hold of a copy (Unlikely, apparently it’s well looked down and tied to a specific dealer) or reverses the protocol we can’t see that info.

I’ve installed the silicone wipers. As a reminder I have PPF protection on the windscreen. The OEM wipers shudder across the screen when dry or not sufficiently wet, it takes a very wet screen to avoid this. In practice this makes the wipers very difficult to use on auto. I’m literally actioning each wipe to avoid the wiper running dry and aggressively shuddering across the screen.

The silicone wipers have completely changed this. Even completely dry, they wipe across the screen smoothly. They clear screen wash well and stay smooth. Haven’t tried them in the rain yet, but I expect they’ll be vastly better.

I’ve installed a Valeo Everguard 23” (VSF58) drivers side, 24” (VSF60) passenger side.

I would like to hope so but then why not recall all cars for a fix ? Are there other owners on here who have fully functioning wipers ? I don’t think I have picked that up.

My wipers are working fine even in auto. My car is an early one (December delivery). Coming back from Goodwood this evening the wipers turned themselves on (so must have been in auto). The rain got heavier so I pushed the stalk up to medium & then up to fast - worked 100% fine.

Just been emailed by Caffyns MG & Lotus in Ashford, Kent, to book me for a new wiper motor.... and airbag tethers apparently! Anyway they're currently looking at a 4-5 week lead time on recall parts so I'm told.

Last edited:
Just been emailed by Caffyns MG & Lotus in Ashford, Kent, to book me for a new wiper motor.... and airbag tethers apparently! Anyway they're currently looking at a 4-5 week lead time on recall parts so I'm told.
Hi Gavla if you don’t mind me asking when did you get your car, just wondering where I would be in the pecking order I picked up my car late April 🤔

and airbag tethers
bruh excuse me?
That's the third safety-relevant issue arose and I still wasn't "officially" notified about anyone. Who is Lotus kidding here?

bruh excuse me?
That's the third safety-relevant issue arose and I still wasn't "officially" notified about anyone. Who is Lotus kidding here?
Your guess is as good as mine! It maybe just a UK-wide issue🤞

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back