• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras waiting for shipping to USA

I was at the local storage area for export Emiras in Norfolk yesterday. There were about 400 Emiras destined for the USA/Canada. Most seemed to be i4s, but I spotted 6 x V6 manuals, and as I didn't check them all there were probably more. The employee I spoke to said there were another 800 there last week, but they have been shipped (not sure to where). One or two cars had build sheets, one is included
IMG_8678.JPG
IMG_8680.JPG
IMG_8682.JPG
IMG_8683.JPG
IMG_8684.JPG
IMG_8685.JPG
IMG_8687.JPG
IMG_8688.JPG
IMG_8689.JPG
IMG_8690.JPG
in the photos below.

Thanks for capturing the staging area, I bet my I4 is somewhere in this lot. Nice to see them all wrapped up, to avoid acid rain damage

Thanks for the images. I'm certain mine is in that group as well. I've had confirmation mine is built and ready to ship.

I like that yellow hanger on the mirror, it has the ACBC logo on it, nice touch.
I'm guessing it says: Driver free brake pads.
@Biggles of Norwich Did you get a better photo of this?

Also that build sheet of the V6 going to Canada says no DAB radio - is that not a thing in Canada?

Interesting spec sheet which gives some insight to future options availability like a front camera, rear spoiler, alternative front body styles and a telematics module that might be used for over the air updates.

I like that yellow hanger on the mirror, it has the ACBC logo on it, nice touch.
I'm guessing it says: Driver free brake pads.
@Biggles of Norwich Did you get a better photo of this?

Also that build sheet of the V6 going to Canada says no DAB radio - is that not a thing in Canada?
Sorry I don't have a better picture, I took the shot as proof of the manual gearbox. However, I think the tag says "Copper Free Brake Pads". Perhaps that is a specific requirement for some markets?

Sorry I don't have a better picture, I took the shot as proof of the manual gearbox. However, I think the tag says "Copper Free Brake Pads". Perhaps that is a specific requirement for some markets?
Ah yes, a bit of research says it's better for the environment.

Now THIS is what I love to see! Also love the white interior shot.

I was at the local storage area for export Emiras in Norfolk yesterday. There were about 400 Emiras destined for the USA/Canada. Most seemed to be i4s, but I spotted 6 x V6 manuals, and as I didn't check them all there were probably more. The employee I spoke to said there were another 800 there last week, but they have been shipped (not sure to where). One or two cars had build sheets, one is included View attachment 51469View attachment 51470View attachment 51471View attachment 51472View attachment 51473View attachment 51474View attachment 51475View attachment 51476View attachment 51477View attachment 51478in the photos below.
Having seen the gearchange on a V6 auto today, it is possible, indeed likely (given that there were V6 manuals), that some of those cars were V6 autos. With their white jackets on, it's not easy to spot the difference between a V6 and an i4.

Having seen the gearchange on a V6 auto today, it is possible, indeed likely (given that there were V6 manuals), that some of those cars were V6 autos. With their white jackets on, it's not easy to spot the difference between a V6 and an i4.
The build sheet in the picture is for a V6 auto, so there definitely is at least one in there. And my VIN sequence number for a V6 auto falls between the VINs pictured. I suspect a lot of those are the V6 autos that were promised in the coming months.

The build sheet in the picture is for a V6 auto, so there definitely is at least one in there. And my VIN sequence number for a V6 auto falls between the VINs pictured. I suspect a lot of those are the V6 autos that were promised in the coming months.
Doh! I grabbed a picture of the build sheet because it was about the only car which had one showing. I just checked it was legible before posting it, didn't spot it was a V6 auto! There may be lots of V6 autos then. Most of the cars were certainly autos.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back