• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Further Delays

Nothing for me yet, I am also a V6 auto. I think I am on the naughty list though - for sharing the mistake filled user manual last year and also last year for figuring out they did not have Type Approval for the V6 auto - apparently, this went down very badly at Lotus HQ. My New Year resolution is to keep quiet:ROFLMAO:
when was your deposit John?

First day of Goodwood 2021 at approx 08:30
Definitely more delays.

I was delayed from Oct 22 build, Nov delivery to Jan 23 build Feb delivery. Received my enhance email 8 December but heard nothing since so emailed CS few days ago but no repsonse. Just called them and was told now delayed to Feb build, March delivery. Given i was told in October that the 3 months was worst case ("built in contingency...to be sure") I'm not sure what to believe.... yet again!

I'm keeping my Emira order but have requested my Electre reservation fee back. I can't face this customer experience twice and will be spending my SUV money elsewhere.

As a US buyer, I am totally OK with more delays. Also, I hope they DON'T prioritize US builds over UK customers, I very much hope they stick to the original build plan and queue.

Delays are ok! Please get all the hard beta testing done by the UK owners, and then sort it all out at the factory before building ours, thanks! 🤣

Plus, winter weather is rotten. I'll be happy to pick mine up in warm dry weather and bright sunshine if possible, thanks. 😅

I got in touch with CS yesterday, I've been delayed again from Feb delivery to March.

Nothing for me yet, I am also a V6 auto. I think I am on the naughty list though - for sharing the mistake filled user manual last year and also last year for figuring out they did not have Type Approval for the V6 auto - apparently, this went down very badly at Lotus HQ. My New Year resolution is to keep quiet:ROFLMAO:

I'd have said your mistake is one of using your real(?) name on here, John. :ROFLMAO:

Plus, winter weather is rotten. I'll be happy to pick mine up in warm dry weather and bright sunshine if possible, thanks. 😅
This meme gets better every year:
1673453062543.png

I got in touch with CS yesterday, I've been delayed again from Feb delivery to March.
On the bright side everyone better weather and NEW reg - I’m patiently waiting for new reg for new car rather than take Feb on a 72 plate smidge over 6 weeks countdown

Just spoke to Lotus regarding expected delays, originally Feb production and Mar delivery, i was told and i quote " Your Lotus is now March production and April delivery, the delays are no longer to do with part supplies and are purely based on production, we are not producing the amount of cars we had planned and as such this has resulted in approximately a 2 week delay, however we are told that your new Delivery date is 99.9% accurate" We will just have to wait and see!!!

Just remember, folks... the UK (and western EU) being used for "free outsourced product QA and road testing" is a form of soft payback for colonialism. I know it doesn't feel good, but it's really helping us out here in the former Colonies.

:poop:

Definitely more delays.

I was delayed from Oct 22 build, Nov delivery to Jan 23 build Feb delivery. Received my enhance email 8 December but heard nothing since so emailed CS few days ago but no repsonse. Just called them and was told now delayed to Feb build, March delivery. Given i was told in October that the 3 months was worst case ("built in contingency...to be sure") I'm not sure what to believe.... yet again!

I'm keeping my Emira order but have requested my Electre reservation fee back. I can't face this customer experience twice and will be spending my SUV money elsewhere.
Out of interest what else are you look at?

Definitely more delays.

So exactly the same as me, except I received a second enhance email yesterday, no idea what that means but looks like I will go back a month to March delivery as a minimum.......

• Face Palm
Reactions: DJS
Just spoke to Lotus regarding expected delays, originally Feb production and Mar delivery, i was told and i quote " Your Lotus is now March production and April delivery, the delays are no longer to do with part supplies and are purely based on production, we are not producing the amount of cars we had planned and as such this has resulted in approximately a 2 week delay, however we are told that your new Delivery date is 99.9% accurate" We will just have to wait and see!!!
I think this is probably accurate. Supply chains was certainly a issue for Emira production, but I do not believe it was the main problem getting cars out the door. Delivery, logistics, production issues and more importantly trained assembly line staff was probably more of an issue than the parts delays. This will be ongoing throughout all of 2023, until they have a finely tuned production line working seamlessly. These things take time. A lot of time. - US customers should expect a sizeable delay.... V6 F/E's being delivered by summer and into fall.... Base/i4 editions showing up Q1 2024.

I am in line for the 3rd car destined for The Netherlands. Originally an August/September build. With 2 cars delivered by now...next would be mine. So was expecting end of January...to be informed yesterday that my car won't be delivered before April. Crazy only 2 cars for a Lotus minded country like Netherlands....just crazy!

Do I care. No! Not at all. With all the delays I will continue with other projects and wait for my turn. By then I will know about the right mods...nitrons, seats, steering wheel...

Spoke to CS today and they insist my Jan build is not delayed significantly, maybe a couple of weeks slipping into early Feb, they were waiting in a factory update and would he in touch "Soon"
Trust me, the process doesn't get any better when you actually are expecting your car.

4 days this week I've been promised my final invoice to pay as my car arrives next week.
Another day gone and nothing.

I explicitly said I want to avoid the problems that others have had with payment issues days before arrival.

4 times someone has said they will own it and get someone to email it today.

Lotus fashion, true to the end....if indeed this is the end....

Trust me, the process doesn't get any better when you actually are expecting your car.

4 days this week I've been promised my final invoice to pay as my car arrives next week.

I explicitly said I want to avoid the problems that others have had with payment issues days before arrival.

How many days are you after checkout?

The odd slip you could understand but how can they be so consistently inept? 🤦

Maybe there is some internal process that is making things difficult to predict. I remember the recent Car and Driver interview, where they said they are getting cars build that don't require a lot of corrections. That may mean extensive inspections and corrections at each step of the build.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back