Further Delays

I rang LCS this morning to get an update on delivery. Last email from Lotus on 9th December that I had been pushed back to April build May Delivery - itā€™s now changed once I enquired. Itā€™s now May build - June Delivery another month - do we believe them, no I donā€™t!!!

I have booked the ferry for 1/7/2023 to visit Spa Francorchamp - Germany to visit friends and to go on a visit to Zermatt in Switzerland.

Guess all is now in doubt after all of 2022 was ruined and now 2023 as well.

Well I do hope our North American cousins get their cars as promised as well as the ROW.?I got one have been let down by lotus.

This would have been my 7th Lotus in 50 years. But not so sure now.šŸ¤”

For those who say, just hang on in there, I am in my 71st year on this planet and donā€™t feel like hanging around for Lotus to provide a car after nearly 2 years waiting.

Why is it, that it is always me contacting LCS for an update and they never contact me. Where are the monthly updates on my order - how Come all the promises are missed. For you who have or will be getting their cars / you are so lucky well done. But I feel really miffed.

Another AMG CEO change within a couple of years...............
Affecting the cooperation of AMG and Lotus regarding the Emira's i4 application....?

Mercedes-AMG gets another new CEO. Philipp Schiemer is stepping down after 2.5 years. He hands over the baton to Michael Schiebe, who will start in his new role on April 1.
Mercedes-AMG goes through its top men relatively quickly. In August 2020, Philipp Schiemer took over from Tobias Moers, who left for Aston Martin. Now it is Schiemer's turn to make way for Michael Schiebe, who will be at the helm of Mercedes' sporting branch from April 1.
Schiemer, who was previously CEO of Mercedes-Benz in Brazil, will remain active within Mercedes-Benz, but will soon be responsible for the 'Top End' customers and Community Management. A role in which he can therefore focus more on people than on products. Michael Schiebe is now chief of staff of the board of directors and head of Mercedes' head office, who is mainly concerned with personnel matters, but will therefore become CEO of Mercedes-AMG.

Last edited:
I rang LCS this morning to get an update on delivery. Last email from Lotus on 9th December that I had been pushed back to April build May Delivery - itā€™s now changed once I enquired. Itā€™s now May build - June Delivery another month - do we believe them, no I donā€™t!!!

I have booked the ferry for 1/7/2023 to visit Spa Francorchamp - Germany to visit friends and to go on a visit to Zermatt in Switzerland.

Well I do hope our North American cousins get their cars as promised as well as the ROW.?I got one have been let down by lotus.

For those who say, just hang on in there, I am in my 71st year on this planet and donā€™t feel like hanging around for Lotus to provide a car after nearly 2 years waiting.

Why is it, that it is always me contacting LCS for an update and they never contact me. Where are the monthly updates on my order - how Come all the promises are missed. For you who have or will be getting their cars / you are so lucky well done. But I feel really miffed.
Agree, it is always me trying to find out when i am supposed to be getting my Emira, getting to the point now where I have lost faith in Lotus, lat time i called i was moved from March Delivery to April Delivery, i was told at the time that this is now 99.9% correct, i cannot believe this and will be on the phone to them nearer the time, in the meanwhile i have arranged another test drive next week and then driving an R8 and 911 Manual on the same day.

Like many others i have waited since July 21, expecting a delivery Jul 22 now nearing a year late still not sure when it will come, i may be out if it is delayed any further, beautiful looking car but cannot deal with all the delays, and possible future part delays.

Anyone with a Dec build Jan delivery had their car or final call this month ?
I got my checkout email last week, delivery has slipped into very early February apparently, now waiting for my delivery date

Si, infatti con le manuali no problem, le stanno consegnando, sono quelle col cambio automatico che latitano......
Oh, ĆØ carino, il mio italiano non ĆØ il massimo, ma sto ancora imparando, spero che quando avrai il tuo sarĆ  meglio haha parli inglese? ahah ti ho mandato un messaggio

Ring and ask them for my orphaned car which was available this month - Nimbus with red leather as when they offered to a Senaca customer the other week - he didnā€™t take them up on it šŸ˜‰

Ring and ask them for my orphaned car which was available this month - Nimbus with red leather as when they offered to a Senaca customer the other week - he didnā€™t take them up on it šŸ˜‰
Thatā€™s very kind of you, but you have to remember that I am a Pre-reveal customer and we do not get any preferential treatment - whatsoever- Tom will confirm!

Sorry I am Magma, full black pack, Ice Grey Leather, leather steering wheel, silver wheels and privacy glass. With an orange balloon to see it in a car park as it blends in!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

What day did you place your deposit out of interest? mine was 7th July 2021 around 3/4pm
Morning of the same day as you. I received the notification for collection the week before last and the invoice last week.

Picking mine up today šŸ˜Œ!!!
Thank you all for the notes, will post a thread shortly as I'm sure it will annoy admins on this thread,but here's a teaser:
20230119_104104.jpg

Thatā€™s very kind of you, but you have to remember that I am a Pre-reveal customer and we do not get any preferential treatment - whatsoever- Tom will confirm!

Sorry I am Magma, full black pack, Ice Grey Leather, leather steering wheel, silver wheels and privacy glass. With an orange balloon to see it in a car park as it blends in!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Pre reveal and you're now June delivery?!? WTAF!

Speaking as someone who is also 71, if you've waited this long, why stop just short of the finish line? Give it a few more months, you'll be fine. I placed my deposit July 11 2021 and I'm in it to win it. I've waited this long, I want this car!

Pre reveal and you're now June delivery?!? WTAF!
Because I insisted on a test drive as I chose sport, and Harry and lots of others pushed tour. So I needed to check myself.
Then Lotus came back and unilaterally decided that I would be pushed into a 2023 delivery - so I have been pushed back ever since.
Even, with a contact at Lotus nothing would sway them - even with the help of Tom.
So there we have it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back