• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So disappointed with Zinc grey ...

Just4emira

Reaction score
When I locked in my spec, they didn't have the color sample available at the dealership.

The zinc grey in the configurator looks so much darker online than it is when it's seen in person...

When I saw the car in person for the first time yesterday, sceneca blue looked very stunning , yellow and red also looked great.

Out of all the 13 colors emira got, zinc grey really disappointed me.

My delivery will be in November, now I'm thinking that I don't want the car . Because I don't like the color.
I now need to choose stick with Zinc grey emira ...or Electre.

Yesterday, I sat in the dealer's Electre to our way to the garage to see the emira, I am fascinated by the Electre.

Help me out, all the emira lovers.
Should I stick with Zinc grey or buy the Electre?

Thanks alot.

well, it doesn't get more apples to oranges than that... but I vote Emira for one reason. You'll almost never get a chance to own a new car like the Emira again, and we'll be spoiled for choice of big electric SUVs for the rest of our lives.
I love the emira, just regret with my color choice. 😞 .
Thanks for the reply. Need more people to tell me stick with the emira . Or I might change my mind

Attachments

• IMG20240721160011.jpg
    IMG20240721160011.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 292
Thanks for the reply. Need more people to tell me stick with the emira . Or I might change my mind

I would say to stick with the Emira, but give it a good full-body wrap. That allows you to have some PPF benefits as well, and then the next owner can unwrap a fresh Zinc Grey if they prefer.

I took delivery about 10 days ago and it is a blast to drive! What is your spec on the Zinc Grey? The photos I see that have the black pack and black wheels look sharp.

I think ZG looks great. Especially with yellow calipers.

I would keep it, but do get the disappointment of not getting the color you initially wanted.

Zinc Grey does look a bit too flat imo, while other colors pop out much more. But hands down I would still take the Emira over a Electre. I think there are still many orphaned Emiras around sitting at the deals' lot. Maybe you can try get one in different colors?

Weixin Image_20240722133623.jpg

When I locked in my spec, they didn't have the color sample available at the dealership.

The zinc grey in the configurator looks so much darker online than it is when it's seen in person...

When I saw the car in person for the first time yesterday, sceneca blue looked very stunning , yellow and red also looked great.

Out of all the 13 colors emira got, zinc grey really disappointed me.

My delivery will be in November, now I'm thinking that I don't want the car . Because I don't like the color.
I now need to choose stick with Zinc grey emira ...or Electre.

Yesterday, I sat in the dealer's Electre to our way to the garage to see the emira, I am fascinated by the Electre.

Help me out, all the emira lovers.
Should I stick with Zinc grey or buy the Electre?

Thanks alot.
What’s an “Electra”? An SUV with daddy issues?

For me it would come down to how long I planned to keep the car.

Forever car? Neither Zinc Emira or Electre. I couldn’t be happy owning an Emira long term unless it was in the color I wanted, or at least liked. Electre is not a “forever” vehicle for me anyway, as I see it as just one in a sea of forthcoming ultrafast, big, electric crossover/SUV things.

Not a forever car? Emira. Enjoy driving it for 2-3 years, get rid of it, who cares about the color for the short term.

Zinc Grey does look a bit too flat imo, while other colors pop out much more. But hands down I would still take the Emira over a Electre. I think there are still many orphaned Emiras around sitting at the deals' lot. Maybe you can try get one in different colors?

View attachment 48091
That's what my thought was about the zinc grey emira too. The color is a bit too flat. Blue , yellow and red look much more stunning. When I first saw those colors, I was like"woah, so beautiful"

View attachment 48091
It's hard because I don't know how to drive a manual. There were 7,8 emira in the garage, but all were manual

I would absolutely stick with the zinc gray. The light colors might not look as good next to the louder colors, but by them self they have their own beautiful vibe. A few months ago I walked into a Nissan dealer dead set to order a Red Nismo Z, with White being at the bottom of my list. After staring an hour at the White Z on the showroom floor, I bought it. Months later I still couldn't be happier with my decision. I ended up ordering a Nimbus Grey, but Zinc Grey was definitely in the running.
b55370a710305365344406af221abe11.jpg

Last edited:
It's not clear to me how you could be in the market for an Emira in the right color, or otherwise an Eletre. They're totally different cars. I for one can't imagine buying an Eletre, an elephantine SUV that represents few if any Lotus engineering values and comes in one of the most common (and overweight) formats available today.

If you really hate the color, you could cancel the Emira, but I would not get an Eletre instead. I personally am very particular about color so if I were in your shoes I'd probably cancel my existing order and see if I could start a new allocation with the color I want.

Nimbus looks flat as soon as you get it out of the sun - almost looks ZG here in top pic - but still such pretty lines. Everyone raved about Nimbus (which I ordered) but after living with it a little disappointed at how bronze it looks from a distance when not in bright sun (bottom pic). My daughter thought it was light brown :-( I may have picked Osmium or White had I had the opportunity to see all 3 next to each other. Hang in there - it will grow on you as your will fall in love at first drive
1000017982.jpg
1000017494.jpg